Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders: Man to Man Marking and Long Ball Passing

Question Orders: Man to Man Marking and Long Ball Passing

In Top Eleven, when are the best times to play man to man defense instead of zonal?

Also, under what circumstances would you choose long ball passing over mixed or short passing?

Thanks!

-man2man never.
    -Long passing I prove when I have mixed passing+ attacking mentality and I see that he have more chances and dominates me, then I prove very defensive mentality + long passing, if I have chances or depending of how I see I prove 10 minutes this and 10 long passing+attacking mentality.
    When I change the orders very often I see how the bar of possession change in some sense or the new orders give me more stability.
    Good luck.

thank you so much! great advice.

so from your reply i guess the game reacts pretty quickly to a change in orders. i always wondered how long it takes for new orders to take effect. thanks again for the thoughtful advice!

Rookie
    From my point of view, I think you can use Man2Man if you are stronger than your opponents. Normally, M2M will go along with whole pitch (your players can get a bit tried compare to own half).

I order for long pass whenever I use AML/AMR attack down both flanks, or when I see my opponents have so many players in the middle like a traffic jam...this way, your players can pass a ball over that crowd.

Rookie
    By the way, I have tested it about M2M and own half on one of the team in my CL group this season. His formation was 3-5-2 flat, I used the same formation like his but the results are totally different. And the winner is M2M.

I use Man to Man when I decide I'm playing Defensive and my defenders are almost matching up to oppositions attack e.g. I might decide to go M2M while trying a defensive 3-5-2v against 4-ND.

I use long ball primarily if I'm using defensive + force counters against a strong team. However I always stand ready to change these things or test if another setting improves things (if improvement is needed). Just like in some matches the same def c-a set up against the same oppo formation produces more c-a opportunities going flanks but on other occasions it mixed works better.

Most of the various orders are preferences not restrictions and chance plays a part.

Remember, the other team has orders too so a template doesn't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamafc View Post
    In Top Eleven, when are the best times to play man to man defense instead of zonal?

Also, under what circumstances would you choose long ball passing over mixed or short passing?

Thanks!
    Man on man marking
    Some say that man on man marking is useful against lower quallity teams (too long to explain why...).
    Mine opinion: It should be related with formation. Basic example: opponent uses 442. If you use 4141 then you should go with zonal marking, but if you use wide diamond or some assymetric formation against it, then you should use man on man.
    Question is how to know which one is right? It is hard to find out, but you need to watch after opponents shooting stats. If he has a lot of shoots, then your defence isn't working properly, but main cause aslo could be formation+tactics or form of players. You can learn that from experience because game engine is quite weird.
    Long passing
    This is easier question and has confrimed answer.
    Use long passing when opponent has 5-6 players in mildfield or when you are defending.
    Ex top eleven player

Rookie
    It's not a show off as under any circumstance, I just want to prove my point here. As you can see below, I used the same formation as my opponent in CL. I also used 6-7 reserve players. Away match 0-8, I used M2M and whole pitch, it seem to be very effective even I wasn't there. The total shots and (shots on target) 36 (15). On the opposite side of it. At home 4-0, I used zone with own half, my team scored only 2 goals...until I showed up around 56' and switched to M2M, then my players controlled the match and scored 2 more goals. The total shots and (shots on target) 15 (7).

It's from my experience, your result may be vary.

Thanks a ton for the input, Barca.

Thanks for the insight. I assumed you don't want to play man to man unless you have a pretty solid skill advantage. I hadn't thought about it from the formation perspective though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast