Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Curahee

Thread: How to counter a 3N-3N-3W-1 formation

How to counter a 3N-3N-3W-1 formation

I just got duffed 3-0 in the CL quarters by a 3N-3N-3W-1 formation my team is a few points higher rated it was away from home. I started with a 4-5-1V with a DMC and AMR and AML this differed from my usual 4-3-2(AMR-AML)-1 which I do very well with.

Any help please the return leg is on Saturday.

Cheers in advance
    Ben

4-1-4-1, I would say deffensive mentality but if you lost 3:0 first leg then go for normal, and attack on flanks, pressing own field and forcing counters, red arrows on ML/MR and ST.
    Current level: 5

League:

S2: / S3: 5º / S4: / S5:

Champions:

S3: / S5:

Cup:

S1:

Apprentice
    If you need more goals, try 4-2-2-2 Hexagon, hope your DC and MC have good form.

Since you 3 goal down . U have to play more attacking and with a attacking formation coz his formation is defensive. Although its pretty tough.....try 3w-3n(mc s)-2w(aml/amr)-2 . Attacking mentality , through both flanks, mixed passing/short(don't go for long), whole pitch pressing , offside trap ON . Surely no arrow on your DC,DL,DR .

play as nothing to lose.

GOOOOOD LUCK. .

I also play against 3n 3n 3w 1 first leg champions league can anyone plzz
    Last edited by jerry3344; 05-23-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Does anyone have any update on how to beat this formation?

I have good luck against this formation by using a 3 (dl arrow down, dc arrow down, dr arrow down), 1dmc arrow down, 4 (ml, mc, mc, mr) arrow up, 2 strikers up.

mentality - defensive, focus passing - down middle, passing style - mixed, counter -off, pressing - high, tackling - normal, marking -zone, offside - off.

Lost to this formation 2-1 at home first leg by using a wide formation as his. won second leg away 3-1 with this formation. I hope this helps. However, if you are like op..down 0-3..you might just maybe ..go for broke?

3 (dl, dc, dr) 4 (ml, mc, mc, mr) 3 strikers!!
    defo likes this.

I'm not pro but I'm just giving my idea to beat 3n-3n-3w-1

If we break the formation then we can see this formation load with 9 (3n-3n-3w) def. and 7 (3n-3w-1) attacking players; I think, to beat this high def. we need a formation with equal numbers or more attackers at the same time we need to def his lone ST or stop his midfield to provide ball to ST:

4-1-4-1

This formation with red arrow on dl/dr can give us 8 attackers to break his def and at the same time 2 dc with dmc can hold his ST, also you getting 9 (4-1-4) defender to defend him. Or

3n-1-5-1

This one give us 9 defender when defending, and 7 attackers when attacking.

I don't think any AMC related formation can work as he using 3 dmc.

Again I'm not 100% sure but the way I counter any formation I just share.