Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A question for players on high lvl... How do you think about "counter formations"?

Apprentice

Cool A question for players on high lvl... How do you think about "counter formations"?

there are or are not ? please tell your reason

thx for discussion
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by minz90 View Post
    there are or are not ? please tell your reason

thx for discussion
    Doesn't seem like this forum has a lot of high level managers commenting on formations. I hardly consider myself at level 14, a high level manager. Its definitely a very interesting question, and i'm very interested to see where the discussion goes.

Regarding counter-formations, I'd be surprised if they didn't exist. It's based upon the logic of I've had plenty of success playing the counter-formation strategy, so the basis of my system resolves around the theory of counter-formations.

However, this wouldn't stand up to any sort of scientific analysis. To actually test the effectiveness of counter-formations, i'd have to isolate the variable of counter-formations. This means playing the formation that is countered by my opponent's formation, which maintain the others variables (morale, condition, win bonus, etc...) It would also have to span a significant duration of matches to obtain any substantial quantifiable data, so the outlier games against low Q teams, teams with abnormally good or bad form and troll results don't skew the data.

I played 9 pretty successful seasons using counter formation so I believe there are counter formations. Won 7 titles, 2 caps, 2 CHL and only once had best team in league. Most often there were 3-4 better teams than me.
    Stefanut Stefanut likes this.
    Currently season 17 - level 17

League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

TEAM HISTORY

Apprentice
    I ve a 4-4-2 C Team in LVL 6. Orders: normal, mixed, own half, short, hard. no arrows. all Player have 5-6*. it s hard to beat. 5x league Champion, 1x CL Champion and 1x Cup Champion

My other 4-4-2 C Team is in LVL 9. Orders: normal, mixed, own half, Long, hard. Red arrows on DL, DR, ML, MR. all Players have 4-5*. it s also hard to beat. but These orders are not effectivly every match. Legue between place 2-5.

My 4-3n-3 Team is in LVL 25. orders: normal, mixed, own half, Long + Counter attack, hard. Blue arrow on middle MC and red arrow on middle ST. Now the players have 4-5* and the results are better. Last season place 2 in legue.

With These Teams i dont watch the games! Only with my Team on lvl 33.

And my experience is: You only have to Counter the orders, but not the Formation. I can beat all Formations with 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 V and 4-4-2 C.

My Team

minz90, what formation and orders would you put against the following formation?
    GK-2(DC)-3W(DML, CDM, DMR)-2(MC)-1(AM)-2(ST)

Apprentice
    Currently this season i allways Play 4-4-2 with the idea to Play allways Counter attack.

I allways start the game with These orders: Attacking, mixed, own half, Long, hard, zonal, force Counter. no arrows

Then you have to look at the stats and the pressure. Sometimes you have to Change Long => mixed
    Or you have to set 1 red arrow on ST and 1 blue arrow on other ST.
    In the second half you can Play normal.
    But be careful: If your Opponent scores first, you can have Problems, because you Play with Counter attacks.

Thats my philosphy. whats your? maybe i can help you with orders
    FVS0777 likes this.

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by minz90 View Post
    Currently this season i allways Play 4-4-2 with the idea to Play allways Counter attack.

I allways start the game with These orders: Attacking, mixed, own half, Long, hard, zonal, force Counter. no arrows

Then you have to look at the stats and the pressure. Sometimes you have to Change Long => mixed
    Or you have to set 1 red arrow on ST and 1 blue arrow on other ST.
    In the second half you can Play normal.
    But be careful: If your Opponent scores first, you can have Problems, because you Play with Counter attacks.

Thats my philosphy. whats your? maybe i can help you with orders
    Attacking, long passing and counter attack...please don't help ppl with orders
    Eddie13 likes this.
    Currently season 17 - level 17

League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

TEAM HISTORY

Apprentice
    That's my style to play. You can try it If you want. After 5 games in cl i ve scored 31 goals and in league 42 goals After 9 games. And in cup i ve scored more then 25 goals After 6 games. I always try some New orders. And i found out this is successful.
    You need to know that attacking means that your Players will work more the Players in middlefield are skilled well in defense, so They are good in pressing own half. With Playing attacking i want some dangerous counter Attacks. Long Balls with counter are successful Most of Times, because sometimes you will lose to many balls with mixed.

But give it a try. For me it is very successful. After scoring some goals or in 2 . half i always play normal, cause i dont want to lose to many Kondition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daněk View Post
    Attacking, long passing and counter attack...please don't help ppl with orders
    Jan, what would you put against the formation I have mentioned above?

Logically, attacking and force counter attack should not be used together. But, this game seems to be so unrealistic at times. So, it may have worked for minz90.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast