Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    forget dat bullsh0t... what is the recommendation against old mourinho? (3N-2W-3N-0-2)... it says narrow diamond... >>>
    HAD MY GREATEST 2 losses from dat advice

btw mate and me always using narrowd diamond against 4-4-2 and the success rate is somewhere above 95%

dat counter database is a little bit outdatet and not up2date imho...
    I use 4-5-1V against 4-4-2 and get 95%+ wins against it - depends if you've got the players that enable you to take advantage of the formation. I tried ND against 4-4-2 and got tanned on the wings - the oppos ML and MR got all the goals... Just because one counter has broken doesn't mean the whole table is cr*p...
    Knightwing and Darren Power like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    The following are my three favorite approaches against the 4-4-2 classic.

1. Mirror it
    2. 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond.
    3. 4-1-2-1-2 Wide Diamond or 4-3w-1-2. This setup is if I suspect they're better offensive threats are on the flanks, or are passing down the flanks

As for formations of note,

Someone in my league has won three straight against either 4-4-2 classic or 4-2-2-2 hexagon with the 4-3w-2n-1 X-Mas tree. Among these wins, was a 2:1 win against a token buyer running 4-4-2 classic.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-06-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

BIG WRONG!

451v is counter attack tactic
    So your order must be
    Normal / Defence Mental
    Flank
    Own Pitch
    Mix pass
    Counter yes

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    I use 4-5-1V against 4-4-2 and get 95%+ wins against it - depends if you've got the players that enable you to take advantage of the formation. I tried ND against 4-4-2 and got tanned on the wings - the oppos ML and MR got all the goals... Just because one counter has broken doesn't mean the whole table is cr*p...
    and i hope you realised dat counter-bull**** is old it's time to up2date a little bit or* We are playing with 7+7+5 seasons with my friends and ALL of our ND vs 442 (and we had lot of ND vs 442 clash coz 2 popular formations) had 95%+ success...

*ur stating you got opposite results against mine... that proove one thing all of this counter brainstorms are overhyped and overthinked.... this game is too random (still) thats for sure
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 08-07-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Rookie
    I'm giving this a go today (451 V, flanks , defensive, mixed, hard tackle, zonal marking) will let you know how I get on!
    S1 : 6th (joined with 4 games to go) | S2 : League Champion Unbeaten, Cup| S3 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S4 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S5: League Runner Up | Champs League Runner Up| S6: 3rd | S7-12 (need to update lol)

Still prefer long passing when counter attacking in on. Rather use mixed passing and turn off counter...
    Knightwing likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Rookie
    Won 2-0! flanks counter on defensive against top of the league . Red arrows on aml amr only. I would do long passing but the risk is you give the ball away more

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Rugg View Post
    Won 2-0! flanks counter on defensive against top of the league . Red arrows on aml amr only. I would do long passing but the risk is you give the ball away more
    Well done bud
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

what orders would you use in general against an attacking 4-2-2 with equal strength,he always seems to play attacking any help would be great in a very tough league this year lv 8 il try upload pics for you,any help given a big thank you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast