Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worse and worse

Worse and worse

This game is getting more and more ridiculous. First, the live match simulation is utter stupidity, I've never seen a real life player escape marking, dash 20 yards one-on-one and then stop to have his marker catch up to him. Then, when he shoots, he gets blocked. Second, I think I've played countless matches vs flat 4-4-2 using 3-4-1-2, 4-5-1 V and 4-3N-2W-1 with absolute random result. I switched to playing 4-4-2 myself, now I lose 80% of the time against a 3 midfield team. I'm close to calling quits on this game, I can't find any fun in it anymore. I don't have the time to watch all the games or to train 4 times a day like it's suggested, switching between formations to counter opponents it's tiring and needs a squad deeper than the Baikal Lake.
    Manager of Invictus

I´ve won the league & champions league the last six seasons in a row using 4-5-1 v formation.
    I cannot remember the last game I lost against 4-4-2….
    The problem could be down to the quality of your team & not the formations ?

btw… The live match will never be anywhere near a "real " match

Ok, I'll give a glimpse of my last match vs a 4-4-2. Actually 2, because it was a Cup match. 102.1 vs 98.3 overall quality in my favor. Played 4-5-1V first match, away. Lost 2-0. Watched the match, opponent didn't. Home game, played 4-3-2W-1, lost 0-1. Same, watched the match, opponent didn't.
    Tactics: Offensive, down the middle, short passing, full pitch pressing, no counters, normal tackling, zonal marking, no offside trap. I've always kept my team quality to an overall 5 star, I've never kept a 3 star player on my team, so most of my team is comprised of 5 star players, a couple of 4 star players and 1-2 scouts. Since the last season, all started going downhill. I remeber 5 seasons ago I managed to achieve the "Unbeaten" badge in the league, now I have inconsistent results, no CL qualification and knocked out of the Cup in the qualifying round. Level 17. Note that since last season top 3 finishing in the league, knock-out stages for CL and last 16, quarters for Cup have been the norm. Level 16 I finished 7th in the League while having the second best overall team quality, went to the quarters of the CL (where I lost vs a 4-4-2) and quarters in the Cup. And guess what, I've been playing 4-5-1V 90% of the time since I started this game, because it's my favorite and tried not to fiddle to much with it. All of the sudden, everything is in shambles. I even kept track of the bonuses for the matches, to keep the players motivated.
    Manager of Invictus

I use normal,mixed,short,high, counters on,normal,man to man, no off side

Down the middle is a bit daft for 4-5-1 v ?

How can it be daft vs a 4-4-2? It's 2MCs and a DMC vs 2 MC. It's a midfield domination.
    Manager of Invictus

No…. Your strong points are your AML & AMR if you´re playing 4-5-1 v against …so your wingers should be in charge ?
    You were playing offensive yes? well use your attacking players then ?

Work on your tactics, read more on tactical suggestions for those formations and play some friendlies to know which is best for your team. Playing down the middle like you did in that match was wrong, it should have been through the flanks. And most people using 4 5 1 has suggested it is a defence/counter formation. Infact I don't play down the middle it looks a bit clustered for me. I play 4 4 2 mostly and its down the flanks and short passing most times .

Ok, after today's loss vs another 4-4-2 who is 6.3 below my average using a 3-4-1-2, I finally give up. It's the last straw. Goodbye, Top Eleven!
    Bunzo likes this.
    Manager of Invictus

Hi,
    i had your same problems with my strikers few seasons ago:
    they started counterattack but,instead of shooting,they stopped waiting for the opponent
    to counter them.
    Finalization,then....ridicoulous,I was about to be relegated.

Now situation has improved with new training system that allows to change the hierarchy of abilities for each player,
    as you can train some abilities more than others.

4-5-1 v-style is a powerfull and flexible formation but requring good aml,amr and dmc performances.
    If one or more of them are on holiday,your match risks to become the opposite of what you were expected to.

Particularly care about dmc performance,if he collects too many or too often yellow cards
    ( by the way, do not use blue arrow for him,while red arrow may be used only if opponent does not attack you with amc,4-4-2 for example,
    otherwise no arrows for him).

A substitution may be required for him (another dmc or a dc,switching to 5-2-1-2),or a relocation to dc role (if he dominates it also).

Another thing: if you play defensive/hard defensive, do not use blue arrows at all,not to concede domination to opponent,
    red arrows for aml,amr and st.

if you play offensive/hard offensive no red arrows at all, only blue arrows for 2 dc.

If normal blue arrow for 2 dc and red for aml,amr and st.
    Last edited by Matteo de Clemente; 04-12-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    Bunzo and Theodor Dinu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor Dinu View Post
    Ok, after today's loss vs another 4-4-2 who is 6.3 below my average using a 3-4-1-2, I finally give up. It's the last straw. Goodbye, Top Eleven!

Cheerio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast