Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: is there any way to logically beat 4-4-2 ?

i agree that is important to watch games in order to do this, but tactics are above any importance. and this is where the game becomes a bit of a mess.

Never use 4-5-1 V, i'm 88% ****ed vs 4-4-2 classic at least 20-25 times even i have good form AMR/AML and more shoot, more possession i still find it difficult to defeat enemy defends whether they are weaker or stronger and always concede stupid goals.
    FC Dacia Terra and senicro like this.

Rookie
    i won today 6 : 2 w 43n12 first half normal settings. was 3:2 second half high press and hard tackling down arrows on all defenders . he was 1+ level 5% stronger present. If you are facing weaker team i would go w 352f, vs same quality 3142 and vs stronger i would go with atleast 4 defenders, the formation i used 41212nd or 32221 butterfly
    Last edited by stinkybg; 04-13-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    dsio likes this.

3w-5-2. i kill them with it! low press, mix pass, on offside, on c.attk.

Send me the tactics

i think it depends on your command / strategy to your players. 4-4-2 is a balance formation, maybe you could set another balance formation to beat them. But, once again, it depends on your oppo strategy. if you set hard attack (wherever your formation is) and your 4-4-2 oppo set defend with countre attack, maybe you will conceded by their countre attack scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I no longer help people significantly to play this '****' game. I gave you a decent template. You cannot use this template exactly as it is for every match; some tweaks are likely to be required, for example, changing one or more orders to make the the set of tactics more appropriate with respect to the opponent to be faced.

I gave a very good advice on this forum here: never do things blindly, that is, do not just 'copy and paste' things without knowing what they do, how they work and so on. This advice applies to real life situations too, and in fact, it is very important there.
    I agree with you!!

Sent from my ID1 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    This season I used with success both formations from below , first vs stronger teams.
    4 1 3(ml/mr mc mc) amc st or 2st , up arrows:
    ML/mr mc mc dmc
    Down arrows: for st , dcr and dr ,
    passing on middle,

Try 4-4-1-1, seems to work for a few of us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123