Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ranjangaur4

Thread: need help with Illegal Formation

need help with Illegal Formation

Hi

I am about to face an opponent who's using an illegal formation with no striker. Need help with countering this team. PFB his formation,

AMC
    ML MC MR
    DMC DMC
    DL DC DC DR
    GK

I would like to know how I can counter it and What orders to use also if any arrows are needed.

Dreamer
    I don't know how to counter it, but I had a lot of success once with more or less a similar formation. It seemed like my AMC got several breakaways. I often got into a situation where I attacked with 4-6 players on a wide line, and they put the ball behind the defenders and I could score. Can you fight that risk by not pressuring hard? By not using off-side trap? Or should you in fact pressure hard?

If nothing else, let us know what your conclusions are after the game!

Rookie
    Go with 4-3w-2n-1, u can win easily ....no arrows...no counter attacks,no offside traps.... attacking with short passes and high pressing,normal tackling,zonal marking

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.
    Meanwhile if you find anything, do let me know.

Rookie
    I played on Champions League last season against some guy with 4-3MC-3AMC. Weirdest formation ever. He beat me at home and I won away and made it to the final (and won )
    Those formations aren't necesserily bad. You should watch out. I don't really know how to counter that though. Maybe play 3w on defense? He has no striker after all.

Hey guys thank you for your efforts/inputs.
    I tried many combinations in 1st half. score was 1-1. I switched to 3n-2w-3n-0-2st. BAM!!!!! I won 5-1.
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjangaur4 View Post
    I tried many combinations in 1st half. score was 1-1. I switched to 3n-2w-3n-0-2st. BAM!!!!! I won 5-1.
    Good job!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjangaur4 View Post
    Thanks !!