Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How much worth formation and tactics for 1 or few matches

How much worth formation and tactics for 1 or few matches

I play this game for about four years and I personnaly think that formation and tactic for 1 match doesn't mean much. Even if the teams are equally strong. Means something, because you can not play some stupid formations or even worse tactic, but formation or tactic doesn't win the matches.

The only thing what win matches is the strenght of team. If you have strong team, you can play whatever you want. If you have weaker team, you are in trouble. By that, you can play the best formation ever seen on the planet Earth with the best tactic, you will win very rarely.

There is an algortithm who runs te game and there are some settings. First thing and the most important is the strenght of a team.

Now I expect that some guys will say here that this is not true, that they won some matches against stronger teams. Of course they won some, but how many times? A few.

When you look at the end of eveyr season, good teams are up and weaker teams are down. What does it say?

But again there is another BUT. Formation and tactic are very important for another thing. A good training with the right formation and tactic, give faster progress for your players. So, players must be well trained, you must chose te right formation for your team, not the best there is, but the best your team can play with the given players. With the good tactic, when they play at their best positions, THEY PROGRESS FASTER. So, your team is getting better and better. But again, formation and tactic, does not win the matches.

That's my opinion. You do not have to agree, I respect everything what you have to say against this.
    CM-16 likes this.
    Small dick guys area in red, blue and green.
    I did that, I won that...blah-blah-blah...

Actually with all respects I disagree

If you look at general discussion, there are a lot of teams that has 6 - 7 star players failing to win against 3-4 star teams. So strength / quality is one key, but there are other factors like tactics, morale, training bonus, posession bonus during matches and also player form in game, that affects your chance of winning.

I've had some cases which my team with better quality losing badly in the 1st half because of wrong tactics, but almost turned the game around in the 2nd after I changed my approach.

So in the past, quality might be the only key to win (the main reason of bidding war in auctions, duh!), but now, underdogs can do wonders.
    Rev Dino likes this.
    Love The Nationality Games Here!

Hakurei United

Based On : Hakurei United (Touhou Soccer Series)
    Goals : Develop youths
    Dislikes : Disrespect, Cheating, Tankers

Tight on Token boi here and I wanna have some fun

I do agree with this OP that certain formations and tactics benefit players differently. I have some STs that have really good positioning and marking and passing and they do better in high pressing formations. I also have STs that are physically high rated and they are better at defensive counter attacking formations. You should take your players' strengths and weaknesses into account when choosing your formations/orders but as CM-16 said there are many variables that impact match performance.
    CM-16 and Rev Dino like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

no hard feelings, i also said i'll respect all the thing will be said here

first, i did not say 3 stars team never won against 7 star teams, but 1 in 20 or 50. and it is not like you sadi a lot of teams failing, but ok, i got the point

second, like you said underdogs, of course they can do something, it is a life, it is a sport, but like their given name is they are underdogs

trird, when that 7 stars team play against 3 star team, what in a name of a god is competitions when they meet?

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    I do agree with this OP that certain formations and tactics benefit players differently. I have some STs that have really good positioning and marking and passing and they do better in high pressing formations. I also have STs that are physically high rated and they are better at defensive counter attacking formations. You should take your players' strengths and weaknesses into account when choosing your formations/orders but as CM-16 said there are many variables that impact match performance.
    well, tactics are Discussable. i mostly use 4-3-2w-1 or 4-5-1 V

4-5-1-V's key is defensive formation with fast counter attacks. i use it as Attacking formation, high pressing NO counterattacks. If you go through the bokks, won't fly, still, I kick some @$$e$

I still beleive, when you have a strong team, you just do not mind what you play

Quote Originally Posted by CM-16 View Post
    Actually with all respects I disagree

If you look at general discussion, there are a lot of teams that has 6 - 7 star players failing to win against 3-4 star teams. So strength / quality is one key, but there are other factors like tactics, morale, training bonus, posession bonus during matches and also player form in game, that affects your chance of winning.

I've had some cases which my team with better quality losing badly in the 1st half because of wrong tactics, but almost turned the game around in the 2nd after I changed my approach.

So in the past, quality might be the only key to win (the main reason of bidding war in auctions, duh!), but now, underdogs can do wonders.
    in which competition 7 and 3 stars team meet?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Dino View Post
    I play this game for about four years and I personnaly think that formation and tactic for 1 match doesn't mean much. Even if the teams are equally strong. Means something, because you can not play some stupid formations or even worse tactic, but formation or tactic doesn't win the matches.

The only thing what win matches is the strenght of team. If you have strong team, you can play whatever you want. If you have weaker team, you are in trouble. By that, you can play the best formation ever seen on the planet Earth with the best tactic, you will win very rarely.

There is an algortithm who runs te game and there are some settings. First thing and the most important is the strenght of a team.

Now I expect that some guys will say here that this is not true, that they won some matches against stronger teams. Of course they won some, but how many times? A few.

When you look at the end of eveyr season, good teams are up and weaker teams are down. What does it say?

But again there is another BUT. Formation and tactic are very important for another thing. A good training with the right formation and tactic, give faster progress for your players. So, players must be well trained, you must chose te right formation for your team, not the best there is, but the best your team can play with the given players. With the good tactic, when they play at their best positions, THEY PROGRESS FASTER. So, your team is getting better and better. But again, formation and tactic, does not win the matches.

That's my opinion. You do not have to agree, I respect everything what you have to say against this.
    Perhaps. There are times where you know you surely gonna win but it turns out to be your biggest defeat . Last season was unbeaten but for this season hmmm I started but had my first defeat midseason . Against lesser teams . Changed tactics no avail. Lost three league matches in a row then eliminated from the cup. For me I thinks the matches are all fixed .

Sent from my SM-J110H using Tapatalk

in which competition 7 and 3 stars team meet?
    ANY competition. So maybe you can check your league if there is one or two 3-4 star team in there (The chance is low tho, but in CL and SL, it's more common)
    Love The Nationality Games Here!

Hakurei United

Based On : Hakurei United (Touhou Soccer Series)
    Goals : Develop youths
    Dislikes : Disrespect, Cheating, Tankers

Tight on Token boi here and I wanna have some fun

Quote Originally Posted by CM-16 View Post
    ANY competition. So maybe you can check your league if there is one or two 3-4 star team in there (The chance is low tho, but in CL and SL, it's more common)
    no hard feelings but i do not know when did you start to play this game, but at the level i am and the team i run, i don't see any teams less then 5 stars, and that are good 5 stars. sometimes at league, very very rare at cup, never at champions league and impossible at associations

Apprentice
    no hard feelings but i do not know when did you start to play this game, but at the level i am and the team i run, i don't see any teams less then 5 stars, and that are good 5 stars. sometimes at league, very very rare at cup, never at champions league and impossible at associations
    You playing level 48 or above right ?

Sent from my SM-J110H using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast