• 1 Post By HairDryer
  • 3 Post By Cloverfield
  • 6 Post By madflo19
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By Cloverfield

Thread: Tactics matter (7-0)

Famous

Tactics matter (7-0)

I believe tactics matter greatly, but I won't call this "proof"...

Tactics matter (7-0)-screenshot_2017-03-13-16-28-02.jpg

This was evenly matched Q 4141 for me, against 3n 2mc 2aml/r 3st, 15% possession for me. I used only condition bonus whole match.

Here's the thing- we made the first goal at 38', and things looked pretty even from the start. Shortly after the half I made one (only 1) tactical change mentality change from defensive to normal. That was like hitting a switch and you can see 6 goals flooded in just after that change. 5 those 6 recorded assists. Forced counterattacking was never on, and other tactics didn't change.

Tactics matter (7-0)-screenshot_2017-03-13-16-28-05.jpg

To those who say the results are predetermined, this result would be ridiculous. Engine decided the winner, but held back on the goals until the time was right? Ok...
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

right tactics and right player change the game. My experience too many tactics change in 1 game will screwed up your team. The 3 most important for me in tactics is mentality, pressing and passes.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    LarryC likes this.

Famous
    Personally, I'll change tactics as often as needed during a match, I don't believe all changes are bad, or that there is a hard limit before negative consequences. Same with arrows. Right tactics at the right time.

Note that I didn't make any subs this match (because clearly something clicked for my starting 11).

I do not believe that matches are predetermined or that with changes you cannot change the flaw of the game.

But I believe that when the game starts many calculations including many factors are made which are very important for the outcome of the game.

These factors can be actions that are on your side, like quality of team, formation, arrows, tactics etc etc.
    But some other factors are undeterministic and vary a lot from game to game and you can do nothing about them.
    For example, this can be the number of saves and the performance of your gk.

I see the same gk performing good for most matches, but in one match, oppo has 85% efficiency scoring 4 out of 5 shots and his attackers having lower quality than some monster strikers the same gk has faced.

I believe there are many such factors that are calculated and are a bit random.

So if most of these factors end up to be bad when the calculation starts, it seems that outcome is impossible to turn around and you are doomed.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 03-14-2017 at 06:29 AM.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Tactics are more important than formations imo,you can lose matches even if you have proper counter formation but with wrong tactics,and you can win without having counter formation but right tactics.

Sent from my LG-K500n using Tapatalk

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Famous
    Excellent job Lamaniaque,

Edit: I read the post wrong, thought Lamaniaque and both scored 7 against a 4-1-4-1
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-14-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Famous
    So if most of these factors end up to be bad when the calculation starts, it seems that outcome is impossible to turn around and you are doomed.
    Here's a win coming back from 3-1.

4411 @ 94% for me with +14% possession vs. 43w12 favorite @115 for her. She got 2 bs looking counterattack goals, another from the field. My defense was all under 6 I think. Mcs both under 7, st 6...Swapped GK after 2, he did only slightly better, averaged a 7. Her DCs were both ended with 8, over 9 for part of the match. Switched from normal-center to hard attack- left flank, scored 3, watched her ratings sink.

Tactics matter (7-0)-screenshot_2017-03-15-16-55-26.jpg

Either the tactics, training, and team building that I choose do make a difference, or I am Nordeus' own very effective troll.
    "Please stay polite"

Pueblo FC

I have conceded 4 goals in 20 minuites withn 4/4 shots of the oppo 100% accuracy.
    1 penalty/red card at 8min, 2FKs and one CK. (with defensive wall and aerila ability defenders)

Turn this around

What I am trying to say from above is that using one example cannot make a theory as there will be same numbers of counter examples.
    I have as well turned around some matches like yours above.

But some times it is nothing you can do in-game.. it was not your day :P
    This does not mean that match was fixed to destroy explicitly you,
    Just the calculations were not on your side...

Also as we talk about calculations you can never exclude that some calculations are wrong. (wrong in terms of concluding having a realistic sim football manager game)
    No software is bug free.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Famous
    I agree that everything can turn sour in a flash, and that there might be "bad days" for teamwork or individual players. I see this with GK and ST, some days they seem worthless (sandwiched between 2 MoM performances most likely :/ ). Identifying that and making the substitution ASAP might be the win-loss difference.
    I also agree that some calculations might be "wrong" in the way you're suggesting.
    "Please stay polite"

Pueblo FC