Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By LeManiaque

Thread: Tactics matter (coming back from 1-6 down in CL)

Famous

Tactics matter (coming back from 1-6 down in CL)

94% 4141 for me facing +1 level challenger at 113% playing this strange formation:
    Tactics matter (coming back from 1-6 down in CL)-screenshot_2017-03-21-09-40-12.jpg

First game in the knockout round, at home, +9% possession, both managers present.

I started the game with defensive mentality, mixed short passing, no offside trap, zonal, normal, wanting to keep possession against a stronger team. I think I was pressing high and passing short trying to take advantage of his sparse backfield.

Instead of working out as planned, I was down 1-6 at 51'. Every play seemed to be my players passing directly to opponents who found enough space to flick up and break my line. 6 goals involving 5 players. Effortless counterattacks and a scoreline like I've never experienced before. At 6', 29, 36, 43, 49, 51... the game felt dreadful and inevitable.

At 52' I send the GK to the shower (then off a cliff)

I made the switch to hard attack and focused on the flank opposite his DMC. 74', 83, 90... I pulled 3 back, completed passes, executed a counterattack, dropped his ratings.

I applied those tactics for the second leg, where I was down -1% possession, both managers present. Hard attack, short breaks on attacking, right flank, high, mixed, zonal, normal, counterattack.

Result: 1-4 win for Pueblo in leg 2, for an 8:7 aggregate win, no extra time, after trailing by 5 goals and looking crushed.

Tactics matter (coming back from 1-6 down in CL)-screenshot_2017-03-21-09-41-12.jpgTactics matter (coming back from 1-6 down in CL)-screenshot_2017-03-21-09-41-44.jpg
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Awesome

Enviado do meu SM-J106H através de Tapatalk

Apprentice
    That's clear ... RANDOM .. just kidding
    missing T11 old form

80% efficiency should be named chuck norris percentage

If you threw your gk off the cliff I guess the oppo has wrapped him around one of Kim's missiles lol

Nice comeback:
    1. Hard attacking rarely suits my team when i try it mostly has opossite effect. Attacking yes, hard not for me
    2. I have never also succeeded jn steering successfully my attacks into one flank. Most often it fails as well
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    80% efficiency should be named chuck norris percentage

If you threw your gk off the cliff I guess the oppo has wrapped him around one of Kim's missiles lol

Nice comeback:
    1. Hard attacking rarely suits my team when i try it mostly has opossite effect. Attacking yes, hard not for me
    2. I have never also succeeded jn steering successfully my attacks into one flank. Most often it fails as well
    Attacking through a flank is always a disaster for my team too