Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Got trolled

Apprentice

Got trolled

I was playing against my main rival in my CL group for top spot. It was an away game and i need to win it to overtake him. Started with 451v def counter and it was goalless until 65 minutes. Shot on target, possession etc are very much in my favor. So I decided to go attacking, switched to attacking mentality and then BAM, he scored. I couldn't even equalize after that and lost. TE devs must be smiling now.

Famous
    TE devs are working on video games all day, of course they're smiling sometimes.

Really though, your talking about a 1-0 away loss? You changed tactics and lost, that happens to everyone. Possession doesn't win, shots on target can be defenders. Absorbing pressure is just as important as playing smart possession. Somewhere along the lines, you lost, it's going happen but don't cry troll Everytime. Were you +40% or more?
    Bunzo, ronnymvc, 112000 and 4 others like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

U expected to win because you changed to attacking mentality

I do not get it
    Bunzo likes this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Apprentice
    No man. I was saying everything is pretty much in my favor so I thought switching to attacking mentality near 70 minutes mark is the last thing i needed to do to get the win and i was pretty confident about it. I've done that quite a number of times before. It works out fine all the time. At least a draw is achievable. I'm sure that's what most of the people would do in that kind of situation. But yeah it happens.

P.S. he's slightly better Q.

Famous
    It sounds like you were at a draw before changing from defense to attack mentality. If ratings are in your favor, sometimes you need more patience, normal mentality, passing focus shift, new legs, changing arrows, low to high press. Literally any or none of those could win or lose the match, you might have needed more patience or a more subtle change.

Don't call this sort of thing a "trolling," it looks ridiculous compared to the -40%q +5 goal 8 saves 80% shot efficiency losses other managers complain of.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Have you figured out the mentality of your oppo?

If you were better in stats, and oppo was playing defense, switching to attacking mentality may have the opposite effect.

You were playing 451v
    What about your oppo?
    Maybe instead of mentality change you could switch a position? Eg switch dmc into amc adding high pressure

Also share the final stats of the game
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Most probably he lost because of defence + counter tactics of opposition.
    Not a troll, even real games have this kind of result.

Normal people … believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Nordeus believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.
    Last edited by achiie; 04-13-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    Bunzo and woopypooky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by achiie View Post
    Most probably he lost because of defence + counter tactics of opposition.
    Not a troll, even real games have this kind of result.

Normal people … believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Nordeus believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.
    & wait till the 14 day season starts with 2 League games per day

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    It sounds like you were at a draw before changing from defense to attack mentality. If ratings are in your favor, sometimes you need more patience, normal mentality, passing focus shift, new legs, changing arrows, low to high press. Literally any or none of those could win or lose the match, you might have needed more patience or a more subtle change.

Don't call this sort of thing a "trolling," it looks ridiculous compared to the -40%q +5 goal 8 saves 80% shot efficiency losses other managers complain of.
    No. It was a goalless draw until 65-70 minutes. Shots on goal was 21-7, maybe firing at the keeper. His keeper final rating is nearly 9. Anyway I thought switching to attacking mentality would get me a win but unfortunately I lost. I think if I still kept def counter on, it would end 0-0.

Thanks for your advice anyway. Next time if i face the similar situation, I'll try changing formation or personnel instead.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Have you figured out the mentality of your oppo?

If you were better in stats, and oppo was playing defense, switching to attacking mentality may have the opposite effect.

You were playing 451v
    What about your oppo?
    Maybe instead of mentality change you could switch a position? Eg switch dmc into amc adding high pressure

Also share the final stats of the game
    He was playing 4312 narrow. It's an offensive formation so I started with def counter. Should have swapped one of my defenders to AMC or ST instead of switching to attacking mentality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast