Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Tools to track your team performance

Tools to track your team performance

This is the question, what tools you use? if you have something interesting to share with the comunity to make the job easy, you can share it here.

Excel spreadsheet - screen shot of an older version (pre-decimal ratings) - I've refined it a little bit, I'll post a copy of that later...

Tools to track your team performance-pc-player-spreadsheet.png
    LarryC, Kerem, Westie511 and 7 others like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

The spreadsheet I use has two components, a Performances sheet, of which there is one for each season, and an Appearances sheet, which is copied at the end of each season to the appropriate Performances sheet and reinitialised for the new season. It only takes about 3-5 minutes after each match to put in the figures and update.

Tools to track your team performance-spreadsheet-performances-sheet.jpg

Tools to track your team performance-spreadsheet-appearances-sheet.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 05-10-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I do something similar. I enter the ratings for each match and select the competition. A script will calculate the average per competition. It will change the color of the name based on which form of competition they perform best. Not sure if players perform better in specific competitions, but I made this when I suspected they did. It also does an overall average of ratings and has a sparkline I can quickly see there players overall trend. I don't keep long term stats. So I reset this spreadsheet every season.

Edit: I use Google sheets for all my t11 spreadsheets so I can access it from anywhere on my phone. If I export this to excel, the scripts won't transfer and the sheet is useless. And I'm not about to recreate this in excel. Additionally, I found no benefit from tracking the way this sheet does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motrin; 05-20-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    Kerem and LarryC like this.

Hello,
    you can share the fils excel with us ?
    I would like to track my team thank you
    Club: Valhalla
    Purpose : to be football manager and leading my national team

Quote Originally Posted by Amoun View Post
    Hello,
    you can share the fils excel with us ?
    I would like to track my team thank you
    Been a while

where can i find those tools?

Rookie
    This thread gave me some ideas, and indeed I track now the players ratings (back to the beginning of the season).

I use LibreOffice to make a few charts

- XY chart of past ratings on each played match, with moving average (green) and polynomial (red) 4-points trend lines
    Tools to track your team performance-ratings1.png

- ratings frequency distribution, to see how often each rating value is obtained.
    Tools to track your team performance-ratings2.png

I also have an adjusted rating XY charts, in which I give a penalty to ratings gotten against weaker teams, and a bonus to those against stronger teams, so as to smooth the opponent's strength differences.
    In my mind, playing against a weaker team should always give you somewhat higher ratings (and the other way around).

I found this quite helpful to select my starting 11 and in the decision of replacing a player.

Many thanks to Khris for starting the discussion.

Apprentice
    Seems that some of you track the performance of the team, but are you able to predict what rating will have a player in upcoming match?
    missing T11 old form

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnymvc View Post
    Seems that some of you track the performance of the team, but are you able to predict what rating will have a player in upcoming match?
    Not realistic of course.
    But you can still assess where the player is on his form curve and make some decisions accordingly.
    ronnymvc likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast