Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 4-5-1 V-style

4-5-1 V-style

Hello,

Today i played against 4-5-1 v-style formation. I tried to counter with 4-3n-2w-1 (DR and DL arrows up). We both have 80% overall and we both are same leve (3). That was away CL match so i decided to play defensive, and i wanted at least draw (because i lost from this guy first time 0:2).

Game started and after first half i was losing 2:0 already, i had more chances for goal (but dont tell me you care about that? ). After that i put arrows up on AML and AMR and attacking mentality, but he scored for 3:0 lead. That was min 60' or something like that, after that i switched to 4-3n-3 - attacking)... Anyway, that is not important much coz i was tilted as f. Game finished 3:0, and ofc, he was offline all time.

What i did wrong? Maybe i should come earlier with this thread, but i was reading some comments here on forum and i was watching table also (dont know is that thing even updated). Anyway, i had 'i got this' moment and that is why i didnt asked for advice before. I have so many questions about this, but i will be satisfied if you answer on that one, hehe .
    Sorry for my bad Englando...

Rookie
    Well from my experience 4_5_1 V style formation has always have issues and I mean issues with centre based formations like 4_3N_1_2 and d likes anyway d match is over and I truly admire ur decision,courage and belief coz sometimes we need it,dat bit of GUTS

Sent from my Nokia_X using Tapatalk

I have found recently that a 4-1 defence has lost its effect against narrow attacking formations (4-3-3, 4-3N-1-2, 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond, etc). My 4-5-1V default formation used to eat those alive, but now a narrow defence (3N-1) with 2MC or 3MC is a lot better.

So nowadays I use 3N-1-3N-2W-1 against 4-3-3 and 4-3N-1-2, and 3N-1-4-2, 3N-5-2V or 3N-1-2N-3AMW-1 against Narrow Diamond and others.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Thank you guys, for your answers. I noted your advices in my top eleven book . I will post results, here, again when i play against this formation. I will probably use same tactics, coz i want to try one more time. If i fail again, i will never play 4-3n-2w-1 against this form.

Counter 451V

Quote Originally Posted by Vaskesu View Post
    Thank you guys, for your answers. I noted your advices in my top eleven book . I will post results, here, again when i play against this formation. I will probably use same tactics, coz i want to try one more time. If i fail again, i will never play 4-3n-2w-1 against this form.
    I hope you did well.

Just wanted to share my experience with 451V. (90% of the time I've outclassed it with 352 flat. And I mean it)

Attacking - Down Both Flanks - Long Passing - Counter ON
    Low Press - Normal Tackle - Zonal - No Offside trap.

Train your players well and use defence bonus.

Famous
    4-5-1V was my base formation last season and I ended up winning a treble with it. It's a very difficult formation to play against, as a universal counter does not exist, however there are a few things that it does have problems against.

1. DML and DMR. 4-5-1v plays heavily through the flanks, often with speedy wingers in the open pitch on the counter-attack. If the opponents AML and AMR are fast, the most important thing to do is find a way to contain that speed. DML and DMR have speed listed as a gray stat, so it negates that speed advantage, forcing the 4-5-1v manager to play a match that will be probably be decided with physicality (strength) instead of pace (speed). Formations like a 3n-2w-3n-2 or 3n-2w-2n-2w-1 can have success defensively against the 4-5-1v for this reason.

2. If playing with a DL and DR, if your wingbacks are faster, man-to-man marking can work, and the AML/AMR speed shouldn't be a huge problem. If slower, I would recommend playing a zone defensively, which should help contain his wingers, since if they beat one man, they'll just get picked up by someone else in the zone, but this will leave you vulnerable to good strikers that are able to find holes in the zone. I had this be a major problem in association like a month back, I was a 15% underdog, and his striker picked me apart. I went zone defense, and held the AML and AMR to a combined 1 goal (.5/match), but the striker scored 3 and I lost 4-5 agg (2-2; 2-3: Assoc lost 15-18).

3. 4-5-1v is an effective counter-attacking formation so I would recommend setting orders and arrows in a manner, which doesn't increase the risk of the opponent launching a deadly counter attack.

4. I abandon the 4-5-1v against 3n central midfields as well. I'm not sure if they actually counter the "V" but seeing 3n in the middle tends to unsettle me.

The last thing is match preparation. If tactics are correct, but match preparation is poor (training bonuses, win bonus, morale, condition), it's still very possible to lose.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-15-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    LeManiaque, xander and julien12 like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Also I would like to ask few about when Using 4-5-1 ( V-style orders )

Team Mentality = Attacking ( against lower % opponent ), normal ( vs equal ) and defensive ( against higher % opponent )
    Passing style = Short ( Gain possession bonus ) Long ( More counter/scoring opportunities ) Mixed ( Just to be sure )
    Focus Passing = Flanks ( Because its 4-5-1 V-style )
    Tackling style = Hard if you are not afraid to get cards, but normal in default I guess.
    Pressing style = High ( against weaker teams ) and low ( against equal and stronger teams ) But usually low ( default ) ?
    Marking style = Man-to-man ( if you are not afraid losing condition ) or Zonal ?
    Counter ON
    Offside OFF

** Also red on DL/DR and AML/AMR, blue DC/DC and against higher lvl team blue on DMC ?

Or am I completely wrong ?

I haven't played 4-5-1 V-style for ages

Rookie
    I play 4-5-1V about 75% the last few seasons. I've noticed that since the 2017 update its been rather poor when playing against attacking formations with counters. Before If an equal or lesser team would play with say 2 AM and 2 ST i would chew them up with the counter. Now it just doesnt seem to work. I get ground down and their shot on goal ratio is about 50%. I maintain my team and watch almost every single game, so i know its definitely a change in the game's algorithm. I find that when I'm not getting it done with 4-5-1V I switch to 4-3-2-1 and sometimes i can swing things in my favour. Same tactics.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by k1tb View Post
    Also I would like to ask few about when Using 4-5-1 ( V-style orders )

Team Mentality = Attacking ( against lower % opponent ), normal ( vs equal ) and defensive ( against higher % opponent )
    Passing style = Short ( Gain possession bonus ) Long ( More counter/scoring opportunities ) Mixed ( Just to be sure )
    Focus Passing = Flanks ( Because its 4-5-1 V-style )
    Tackling style = Hard if you are not afraid to get cards, but normal in default I guess.
    Pressing style = High ( against weaker teams ) and low ( against equal and stronger teams ) But usually low ( default ) ?
    Marking style = Man-to-man ( if you are not afraid losing condition ) or Zonal ?
    Counter ON
    Offside OFF

** Also red on DL/DR and AML/AMR, blue DC/DC and against higher lvl team blue on DMC ?

Or am I completely wrong ?

I haven't played 4-5-1 V-style for ages
    I'm not sure what the best set of orders is, the following is what I do.

First, I only play with a 4-5-1v when I perceive the games algorithm favors defense/normal instead of attack.

Mentality: Defense or normal. Depends upon opponent's tactics more than quality. I defend if I think they're attacking, otherwise I play normal

Passing: Mixed

Focus: Flanks

Tackling: Normal (it's just default)

Pressing: Low (if i'm trying to force counters), high (if I think he's sitting back)

Marking: m2m (if I'm more athletic). zonal (if his wingers are faster, but strikers lack skills that are needed to break down a zone) Often strikers are trained with a winger training regimen, but a well trained striker is still the most difficult thing to defend in my opinion. Stats I look for w/ strikers when devising a game plan are strength, positioning and heading. With Zone, players are defending an area instead of a person, so good positioning might lead to an ability to find holes in the zone? Heading, higher odds of the player making a run to the far post not being marked in a zone relative to m2m? Strength because I like my DC's and ST to be able to physically overpower the opponent.

Counter ON (If I think he's attacking, especially if opponent has no defensive midfielders), OFF (if I think he's playing defense/normal).

Offsides OFF.

Arrows: Does UP arrows on DL/DR expose me to counters? I'm not sure but I sometimes don't use them because of this concern, but I really don't know. UP on AML/AMR, Down on DMC and both MC's.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-15-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    k1tb, Vaskesu, LeManiaque and 1 others like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjangaur4 View Post
    I hope you did well.

Just wanted to share my experience with 451V. (90% of the time I've outclassed it with 352 flat. And I mean it)

Attacking - Down Both Flanks - Long Passing - Counter ON
    Low Press - Normal Tackle - Zonal - No Offside trap.

Train your players well and use defence bonus.
    Can't remember losing to 3-5-2F with 4-5-1V. It's the perfect tactic to be destroyed by the AML/R (long balls + counters).
    Did it twice in cup this season against Lv+1 oppos of similar quality.
    What were the levels of your oppos ?
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast