Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 4-5-1 V-style

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Can't remember losing to 3-5-2F with 4-5-1V. It's the perfect tactic to be destroyed by the AML/R (long balls + counters).
    Did it twice in cup this season against Lv+1 oppos of similar quality.
    What were the levels of your oppos ?
    I've tried with same as well as higher levels, even this season. Let me pull out screenshots for you. Trust me it works.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I'm not sure what the best set of orders is, the following is what I do.

First, I only play with a 4-5-1v when I perceive the games algorithm favors defense/normal instead of attack.

Mentality: Defense or normal. Depends upon opponent's tactics more than quality. I defend if I think they're attacking, otherwise I play normal

Passing: Mixed

Focus: Flanks

Tackling: Normal (it's just default)

Pressing: Low (if i'm trying to force counters), high (if I think he's sitting back)

Marking: m2m (if I'm more athletic). zonal (if his wingers are faster, but strikers lack skills that are needed to break down a zone) Often strikers are trained with a winger training regimen, but a well trained striker is still the most difficult thing to defend in my opinion. Stats I look for w/ strikers when devising a game plan are strength, positioning and heading. With Zone, players are defending an area instead of a person, so good positioning might lead to an ability to find holes in the zone? Heading, higher odds of the player making a run to the far post not being marked in a zone relative to m2m? Strength because I like my DC's and ST to be able to physically overpower the opponent.

Counter ON (If I think he's attacking, especially if opponent has no defensive midfielders), OFF (if I think he's playing defense/normal).

Offsides OFF.

Arrows: Does UP arrows on DL/DR expose me to counters? I'm not sure but I sometimes don't use them because of this concern, but I really don't know. UP on AML/AMR, Down on DMC and both MC's.
    interesting what do you look at to influence your perception of the games algorithm and what style of play it will favour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Famous
    Arrows: Does UP arrows on DL/DR expose me to counters? I'm not sure but I sometimes don't use them
    @pcmac, I had consistent, really good luck with up arrow on dr normal and attacking flanks mixed or middle for most of my first seasons. I also played up on both dr and dl very successfully, goals often for both players, back when I played narrow diamond often.

So it doesn't have to mean opening up to counter attack. I found the risk is if your dx has an up arrow and opposing AMx has an attacking arrow, you might be open to cards and injury, especially the case of there is a large space between him and next player, is dr to amr is more likely to foul than dr with mr on the same team.
    pcmacdaniel and LarryC like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by RedManc7 View Post
    interesting what do you look at to influence your perception of the games algorithm and what style of play it will favour?

The two big things are;

1. Communicating with other managers, and exchanging information about what we're doing, and the results.
    2. Tracking the results of managers that I know have one play style and never change their orders.

Thanks for the information about your arrows lamaniaque!
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    The two big things are;

1. Communicating with other managers, and exchanging information about what we're doing, and the results.
    2. Tracking the results of managers that have one play style and never change their orders.
    thanks again - i appreciate it
    could you give an example of something that youve looked at etc just to make sure im understanding you properly? appreciate you getting back to me mate thanks.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by RedManc7 View Post
    thanks again - i appreciate it
    could you give an example of something that youve looked at etc just to make sure im understanding you properly? appreciate you getting back to me mate thanks.

Regarding communicating with other managers, it's identifying managers that have an advanced skill level in this game. Sharing tactics to see if a pattern develops regarding a specific set off orders, or orders in a specific matchup to determine what the game engine performs.

From my understanding, the most advanced example of communication. I've heard of is several Chinese managers creating spreadsheets and sharing information back and forth regarding tactics and so on.

With the second point, one manager I know has used the same tactics for 3 years straight without changing anything. Since he doesn't adapt his tactics, it creates a control group that can be analyzed for identifying if something changes. Certainly, the ability of his opponents will change from season to season or association opponent to association opponent, but over a given period of time a pattern can start to emerge, shedding insight in how to adapt my tactics.
    Level 40 Manager

I never been lose 451v style by butterfly
    let me invade your space, i'll scored

From my experience this season so far, i actually never lost to a 4-5-1v i always use 4-2mc-2-2 narrow hexagon with normal ment, high press, hard tackles, offside and counter on, mixed passes through the middle and zonal marking
    I put red arrows on my AMC's and DL,DR
    Always win against it.
    I played against 2 strong teams in my league (5% quality lower than me) won 3-0 and 4-0.
    Hope this helps others

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustafa Ronaldo View Post
    From my experience this season so far, i actually never lost to a 4-5-1v i always use 4-2mc-2-2 narrow hexagon with normal ment, high press, hard tackles, offside and counter on, mixed passes through the middle and zonal marking
    I put red arrows on my AMC's and DL,DR
    Always win against it.
    I played against 2 strong teams in my league (5% quality lower than me) won 3-0 and 4-0.
    Hope this helps others
    I've been playing with the 451v style for about 6 seasons now and in my experience it's not weak against any particular formation, the 451v is easily adaptable u can press high with your am's you can focus mixed by putting an attacking arrow on one of ur mc's and he can even outscore ur wingers If he is very good.

People complain that strikers don't score in this game but with my 451v my st is my highest goal scorer for this season he has 30 in the league and 49 in all competitions and I play in a +1 level cup and champions league. All u ave to do is put the down arrow on ur st and up arrow on aml/amr it will transform him to a beast!

However just as pep Guardiola said it still comes down to having good players If u want to win trophies I will advice that u buy the assistant manager recommended players look out for the ones with rating as good as this 10-10-9-10-8 .

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    I've been playing with the 451v style for about 6 seasons now and in my experience it's not weak against any particular formation, the 451v is easily adaptable u can press high with your am's you can focus mixed by putting an attacking arrow on one of ur mc's and he can even outscore ur wingers If he is very good.

People complain that strikers don't score in this game but with my 451v my st is my highest goal scorer for this season he has 30 in the league and 49 in all competitions and I play in a +1 level cup and champions league. All u ave to do is put the down arrow on ur st and up arrow on aml/amr it will transform him to a beast!

However just as pep Guardiola said it still comes down to having good players If u want to win trophies I will advice that u buy the assistant manager recommended players look out for the ones with rating as good as this 10-10-9-10-8 .
    U r right, but my best scoring man is actually my new young star striker (ST and AMC) who i bought with only 8 tokens after 5 days from this season kick off xD he was Iraqi with value of 48M wich is the highest in my lvl. He was 5* but now he is 114% almost 7 stars i used to train him alone with greens but not too much, he scored most of the freekicks even though he doesn't has an ability (my world class shadow striker that i got from scout can't even keep it between the 3 bars he always miss by a mile), he scored 26 goals in 21 maches and 8 assists in the league so far. So having good players is the key factor for any successful formation.
    Yet recently my Narrow Diamond seems to work like charm with me specifically if i play def with counter, my back wingers scores and assist in almost every game, they scored some amazing goals, its scary xD
    Last match the oppo team had only 1 shot on target although he was 95% me 105% but i think u get the idea
    Last edited by Moustafa Ronaldo; 10-12-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast