Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: D!@n 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond!

Quote Originally Posted by violetmind View Post
    Hi guys, pardon my ignorance but aren't ML and MR midfield players too?

I appreciate the advice given about how certain formations play through the middle or down the flanks. But I am wondering, if one team plays a particular way, wouldn't playing your team the opposite way also benefit you?

For example, if narrow diamond plays through the middle, why should only Awglan's team suffer? Awglan will have ML and MR players, and IF Awglan plays down the flanks, wouldn't Awglan exploit his opponent's lack of cover on the flanks?

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just trying to get a better understanding.

Thanks again.
    I totally agree with your argument, if narrow diamond benefits through the middle play. Then my formation should take him through the flanks. That is why Im thinking that narrow diamond is unbalanced. And it was not like he had 20-80 possession it was 50-50% and had almost same amount of shots fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Awglan View Post
    I totally agree with your argument, if narrow diamond benefits through the middle play. Then my formation should take him through the flanks. That is why Im thinking that narrow diamond is unbalanced. And it was not like he had 20-80 possession it was 50-50% and had almost same amount of shots fired.
    1. Don't look at overall team quality, compare the first 11.
    2. Did you played through the flanks?
    3. What were the after-match ratings for his DL & DR and your ML & MR?
    4. How did his team scored the gools? strikers? midfielders?

My guess is he played defensive, mixed or long pass, maybe with hard tackling

Per aspera ad astra...

Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    I play 4-3-2(AML/AMR)-1 against it, works too
    Lost yet another match against narrow diamond, and no 4–3N-2-1 and 4-5-1V didn't work. This is getting ridiculous...

Apprentice
    4-5-1 V totally destroyed this formation a few matches ago and now you can get away with a win if you are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukilon View Post
    4-5-1 V totally destroyed this formation a few matches ago and now you can get away with a win if you are lucky.
    Nothing seems to work against it.

Quote Originally Posted by violetmind View Post
    Hi guys, pardon my ignorance but aren't ML and MR midfield players too?

I appreciate the advice given about how certain formations play through the middle or down the flanks. But I am wondering, if one team plays a particular way, wouldn't playing your team the opposite way also benefit you?

For example, if narrow diamond plays through the middle, why should only Awglan's team suffer? Awglan will have ML and MR players, and IF Awglan plays down the flanks, wouldn't Awglan exploit his opponent's lack of cover on the flanks?

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just trying to get a better understanding.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    You need a fair superiority in midfield. I play reds on my DR/DL in 4-1-2-1-2 an that nullify usually MR/ML.

3-1-4-2 or 3-1-3N-2W-1 should work.
    Read all posts

What exactly is unbalanced? The only formation that is balanced the most is the 4-1-2-2-1 asymmetric
    ----ST
    Aml----AMC
    ---mc-------mr
    ------DMC
    4 def
    This formation has players in every position horizontal and vertical, but unless you possess a star studded squad you can't play it.

Most of us should play through middle or through the wings. The weaker your squad is, the more simple your formation should be.
    To beat the narrow diamond, understand that the AMC should be stopped as he usually is the classic #10 player who can create and score. use 3DC and 2 aml/amr with red arrows to push back the opponents fullbacks to cut off the opponents midfield support. the rest is up to you depending on your supply of players.
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    use 3DC and 2 aml/amr with red arrows to push back the opponents fullbacks to cut off the opponents midfield support. the rest is up to you depending on your supply of players.
    just 3 defenders against two attackers? usually means kamikaze in this game for me. Are you sure about this?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    just 3 defenders against two attackers? usually means kamikaze in this game for me. Are you sure about this?
    3 DC i stronger than 2 dc + 2 fullbacks centrally. They are going through middle, you can't play 4 DC lol.
    Der Panzer and Yinhung like this.
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

use 3-5-2 V or 4-5-1 V or 3-1-4-2 it don't make much difference but you have to bring out the best out of your team. Just have to know that the narrow diamond uses short passing through middle, they press high and most likely use offside trap with 2 fullbacks pushing up for support. Few ways to beat it is push the fullbacks back, if they push higher they are exposed on the flanks, also confusing them is perfect way to beat the offside trap. A simpler way is just to use 3DC and pack your midfield and cut them off possession.

If they are totally superior use 4-5-1V defensive, flanks, long and counter, no offside. In this case use easy tackling own half to draw them onto our side of the pitch before excuting long ball to the flanks for our wingers. Make sure use fast wingers and all around ST.
    john keel likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast