Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shiryuu

Thread: Relatively new and need help

Question Relatively new and need help

Hi,

I'm relatively new here playing TE2018 on my mobile phone for a few months now since end of last year with 2 teams and always felt like I've been missing something and it has finally reared it's head after doing relatively well in 1st 2 seasons:

1. I've read on forums and threadshere that arrows can be set on players pre game and live match but I can't seem to find how to do this. Am I missing some basics of setting up or live match management

2. Drew then lost 3 matches in a row against weaker and equal opposition in league, league, cup, league.

3. Been struggling against RB Salzburg and Olympiacos for the Seasons Openings II event with both teams respectively losing five times each now with no success despite changing tactics and formations I could possibly use with my best players against stronger opposition.

Generally I play high pressing counter attacking football with attacking mentality and offside trap for past 2 seasons which isn't really working this season, running a 4-3-3 with a DM, 2MC, 2 wingers and 1 striker while on the other team a standard 4-2-3-1.
    I've also tried narrow 4-3-3, 4-2-4, Ajax 3-3-1-3 and also a defensive 3-2W-3N-2N with various attacking and defensive tactics. My players just can't seem to score after conceding or defend when ahead. I change tactics when things don't seem right or so re down or assistant manager recommends so.

Any tips and pointers on how to possibly alleviate this?

Thanks with regards.
    khris likes this.

approved post*

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Those games vs bot teams in the contests, are random and fixed.
    Don't judge from them.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Those games vs bot teams in the contests, are random and fixed.
    Don't judge from them.
    But losing 5x in a row? Really? If I can't beat them how can I expect to beat a similar real opponent?

How can I help my defender's defend better? They're either caught out or can't seem to tackle the opposition when the opp. Striker/AMC dot animation is next to/touching them. The were good defender's in previous 2 seasons. This season is just collapsing. The DMC I have a new one and and old one from last season and both are letting the opponent rush past them.

My strikers/wingers also when in scoring positions seem to always pass back when they have a clear line of shot.

How can I tell which players are more suited to doing what or being what position despite being versatile and will perform better?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Try in a couple of games
    def/counters/flanks/mix/high pressing/zonal/ no of.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html