Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How to beat 4-5-1 V-Style

Just tried the defensive 4-3-2-1 in Cup against a 4-5-1 V-Style opponent (both quality 26,7) which resulted in equal ball possession (51:49), more shots on my side (14:8), less shots on goal (4:6 which might have to do with the individual players) and a final result of 0:2.

Gonna go for the 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly in the second match (at home)...
    SV Austria Salzburg
    Season 6 - Level 6
    League: Winner Season 1, 2, 3, 4; runners-up Season 5
    Champions League: Winner Season 5; runners-up Season 2
    Cup: quarter finalist Season 3

Rookie
    ------ST--ST------
    AML-----------AMR
    -----MC-MC-MC----
    -------------------
    DL------DC------DR

He has only 1 ST, so you just need one DC, and he has AML, AMR so you need DL, DR.
    Orders: attacking mentality, attack down both flanks, mixed passing, zonal marking, no offside trap, force counterattacks, zonal marking, normal/(hard tackling if he is stronger than you). Or instead of one MC put DMC with blue arrow, you can do this only if you are not sure to use one DC. It's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    I use the butterfly to counter 4-5-1 V but you dont have dml/dmr and you was searching for another counter formation, i give you 2.
    4-3-2-1 works, see picture above from Michael, 10 shots on target versus 2, he's a bit unlucky by winning with only 2-1
    By the way, the 2 counter formations i have given to you where on the thread from Adel, many people will know like dv8r
    Hi influenze, thank you very much for your advice.

About the thread from Adel, is it this thread http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-see-here.html ? Unfortunately, this thread's content was removed before I join in the forum. Does anyone have a backup copy of that thread, it would be great for new comers like me.

No, it was another thread (how to win against any formation) with many counter formations and the orders but it is deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Nguyen View Post
    Hi influenze, thank you very much for your advice.

About the thread from Adel, is it this thread http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-see-here.html ? Unfortunately, this thread's content was removed before I join in the forum. Does anyone have a backup copy of that thread, it would be great for new comers like me.
    Last edited by influenze; 04-22-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Currently playing level 8 (season 8)

The league:
    1st place level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

The Champions league:
    1st place level 2,3,4,5,6 - 2nd place level 7

The cup:
    1/4 final level 3

Could you explain me what motivated and unmotivated is? Can't find it on the web and no one has told me this so far
    So far

Season 1: 1st
    Season 2: 1st + CL 1st
    Season 3: 1st + CL 1st
    Season 4: 3rd + Cup 2nd
    Season 5: Holiday all season. 4rth
    Season 6: Tried to get 8th but failed.. 6th
    Season 7: 4th
    Season 8: 1st + CL 3rd + Cup 3rd
    Season 9: 2nd
    Season 10: 1st + Cup 1st
    Season 11: 1st
    Season 12: Current season. Competition with 10 token buyers, CL with a couple tough guys and already out of cup. Might try to get 8th this season. (Won first few League matches. Currectly still 1st)

A player with red or blue arrow is motivated: red is motivated to get forward quicker/keener when attacking; and blue is motivated to get back quicker/keener when defending. Something which is motivated to do something is excited, keen, encouraged to do it. Unmotivated is when you leave players to take their default actions - no arrows.

A motivated player loses condition quicker than if he/she was unmotivated.
    BeckStar likes this.

Thx m8
    So far

Season 12: Current season. Competition with 10 token buyers, CL with a couple tough guys and already out of cup. Might try to get 8th this season. (Won first few League matches. Currectly still 1st)

Famous
    I've had success using the narrow diamond against the 4-5-1 V. In theory the ND shouldn't be that effective, but its done well for me.

I would think the 3W-4-3 would be very effective countering the 4-5-1 V although I haven't personally tried it. According to the counter formations table its the counter to the 4-1-4-1. Isn't the 4-1-4-1 very similar to the 4-5-1 V?

Attacking, down the flanks, whole pitch pressing, hard tackling, short passing, man marking, no counter, yes offsides.

nevermind, just saw this topic was from over a year ago!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-10-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I've had success using the narrow diamond against the 4-5-1 V. In theory the ND shouldn't be that effective, but its done well for me.

I would think the 3W-4-3 would be very effective countering the 4-5-1 V although I haven't personally tried it. According to the counter formations table its the counter to the 4-1-4-1. Isn't the 4-1-4-1 very similar to the 4-5-1 V?

Attacking, down the flanks, whole pitch pressing, hard tackling, short passing, man marking, no counter, yes offsides.

nevermind, just saw this topic was from over a year ago!!!
    4-4-2 classic works quite well in countering 4-5-1V style.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

4-5-1V is in fact a counter formation on 4-4-2. My last cup game against a stronger team I won 8-0 Against a 4-4-2 using 4-5-1V. Also I always lost with 4-4-2 against any 4-5-1V team
    So far

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast