Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always the same problem: I suffer against teams that play 4 4 2 flat

Always the same problem: I suffer against teams that play 4 4 2 flat

always the same problem:

I suffer against teams that play 4 4 2 flat

...and on time, in the cup, my opponents always play the 4 4 2 flat

4 4 2 flat is my nightmare!!!

add to all this that my opponent is a level 7 q 49,5 (I'm a level 4 q 44,9) and is rated first in its league

the first time I played with the 3 5 2 V Style, the second time I played with 4 3 (MC MC MR) 1 (AML) 2 , and the last 10 minutes with 3W 1 3W 3..... well, I tried everything but could not beat him!

I have left the game back from playing at home, but I have little hope to qualify

will play or with 352 V Style, or with the 4 3N 3 with mentality ultra offensive.... and hope for a miracle

his season, having worked to reduce the average quality of the team, I knew I could not win the cup. Therefore I do not make a drama of a possible elimination

Certainly I will, however, find a remedy to deal with opponents who play 4 4 2 flat.... because at this time that module is my nightmare!

Rookie
    Since you need to win by atleast two clear goals, go for 3-4-1-2. That's 3 centre backs, 4 across midfield, 1 central attacking midfielder and 2 strikers. No arrows, hard attacking, hard tackling, short passing, through the middle, man marking, close down whole pitch, counter attack and offside trap. You're essentially trying to keep him in his half the entire game but do switch to a more conservative style if you go ahead by 2 goals.

the previous round against another opponent who played with 4 4 2 flat , I play with 3-4-1-2 hard attacking, middle tackling e short passing, mix zone ........ and he massacred me

fortunately in the return game, he changed form, and I won with a score of 4 to 1

Rookie
    Your shape wasn't wrong but tactics were contradictory. You cannot mark zonal and play normal tackling when you're going all-out attack. You need to man mark and close down all over.

to beat 4-4-2 formation, use 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond, dl-dc-dc-dr , Dmc , mc-mc, AMc - st-str . pass through middle, short passing, attacking, tackling-norm. gl

game in a few minutes, my opponent uses 442 flat, the quality of my opponent is about 50, my quality is about 45... having lost the first leg, I have to win the return with at least two goals

I will use an unconventional form

3 W Narrow Diamond 3

DL DC DR

DMC

MC MC

AMC

ST ST ST

and see what happens......

Rookie
    i had the same problem and i started to use 4-3W-2(AMC)-1 . you need to take advantage of that space beetween midfield and defenders.
    use pass through middle, short passing, attacking, tackling-norm, whole pitch , no counter and no offside.

even if you have the away goal... you must risk...

Quote Originally Posted by ppturano View Post
    game in a few minutes, my opponent uses 442 flat, the quality of my opponent is about 50, my quality is about 45... having lost the first leg, I have to win the return with at least two goals

I will use an unconventional form

3 W Narrow Diamond 3

DL DC DR

DMC

MC MC

AMC

ST ST ST

and see what happens......
    Hmmmm, i'm not sure.
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

I played the first time 3W ND 3, and the second half 4 3W 2 1, I lost two to zero, undergoing a goal in each half

Rookie
    screen with the statictics, your players and the tactics you used

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast