Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: cup final against a 10 quality higher opponent. Help needed

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    73

    cup final against a 10 quality higher opponent. Help needed

    hi, i have a cup final against this guy who has the average quality of almost 10 percent more than me. The match is the cup final and i would really love to win the cup after a long time. I am attaching thd image with his team and please give your suggestion to how can i counter and hopefully overcome it. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cup final against a 10 quality higher opponent. Help needed-20200907_210509.jpg  

  2. #2
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Quote Originally Posted by etah View Post
    hi, i have a cup final against this guy who has the average quality of almost 10 percent more than me. The match is the cup final and i would really love to win the cup after a long time. I am attaching thd image with his team and please give your suggestion to how can i counter and hopefully overcome it. Thanks
    You seems to be close in AvQ so... To start, to stay in equality you'll need at least 4 players overcoming his main AvQ. This as starting point, to have chances. I would suggest you to to use the previous match to try to manipulate the ratings to force a push in this final, but not sure if you've the league matche before the finale...

    Use what works for you and always pay attention to the possesion bar, then to the % effectivity and 3rd to the ratings to make decisions.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    You seems to be close in AvQ so... To start, to stay in equality you'll need at least 4 players overcoming his main AvQ. This as starting point, to have chances. I would suggest you to to use the previous match to try to manipulate the ratings to force a push in this final, but not sure if you've the league matche before the finale...

    Use what works for you and always pay attention to the possesion bar, then to the % effectivity and 3rd to the ratings to make decisions.
    Yes i do have a league match before the final against one of bottom placed league aide.. but unfortunately i ddint understand what you meant. Can you please be more clear. Sorry if i am sounding like an amateur. How about if i go with 4-1-2-2-1 my main weapon is my front three who score a lot of goals and assists between them. With this formation i can even try to go all defensive with focus passing on flanks and counter attacks on. Do you think that will work?

  4. #4
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Quote Originally Posted by etah View Post
    Yes i do have a league match before the final against one of bottom placed league aide.. but unfortunately i ddint understand what you meant. Can you please be more clear. Sorry if i am sounding like an amateur. How about if i go with 4-1-2-2-1 my main weapon is my front three who score a lot of goals and assists between them. With this formation i can even try to go all defensive with focus passing on flanks and counter attacks on. Do you think that will work?
    Counters ON only if you notice that this setting dont allow counters against you. I always start with the counters off cause activate them by your side can allow the oppo to counter you.
    Its like the hard tackling, the aggressivity tends to penalize 1 team, so you can force a 2nd yellow by focussing passing and setting hard tackling.
    The manipulation of rating needs more time to be explained, its a deep and high management level knowledge, based in the fact that the match scenarios depend on the previous match rating, so if you force a rating fall you can force the engine to push the rating in a particular match, like 68686 means that probably next match there will be 8. So you force the ratings to stay low before important games.