Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The best formation ?

The best formation ?

Like the thread name. Whats is the most well allrounded formation there is against all other formations ?
    There must be 1 formation thats almost good against nearly every formation there is ?

From what you guys have found out, what are your toughts ?
    Not just the formation but orders aswell.

My theory is 4-4-2 with mixed passing, normal tackling, zonmarking, normal attacking, and pressure on own half.

With this formation i have not lost like any games at all mostly, so it have worked the best from what i´ve experienced. Whats your experiences ?

Cincerly

For me, there are no best formation
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

Whats the formation you mostly use, if you dont think there is a "best" formation ? U must atleast have 1 favorite which you go by most of the times ?

There is no best formation. What works for you might not work for someone else.
    Moret18 likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Well of course, but according to you guys. Which formation have worked best for you in your own experience in this game ?
    Dont think u guys change formation every single game ? U must have one "regular" formation which u play most of the times ?

4-4-2 diamond narrow or wide, 4-5-1 V and butterfly are the best for me.

I used to always use 4-2-2-2 Hexagon and I got 2 seasons with unbeatable in league. But, I dont know why hexagon doesnt work well for me anymore now.
    At this moment, 4-4-2 Classic and 4-1-3-2 are still my best choices for me now.
    Last edited by Der Panzer; 05-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Manage By Your Own Style

Find my team here >>> Der Panzer

Rookie
    i always counter my opponents formation, therefore,i use different formations all the time! i won the cup last season,was second in the league and third in cl. my worst league finishing position was fifth and have been promoted every season since i started playing top eleven.

The best formation is that one which allows your players to reach 100% of their ability. If each team played at 100% of it's ability then it would have good chances to win everyone.

For barca, that means 4-2-3-1. For Roma, 4 years ago, was 4-5-1. For brazil 90 years ago was 1-2-7. For Arsenal at 20s was WM (3-2-2-3). For Holland at 50's was 4-3-2-1.

Football is evolving in cycles. I don't think you can find a "classic" best formation in that sense.

If I had to say 1 though, well I think the most suitable that doesn't suffer too much from great vulnerabilities, it would probably be 4-3-3 at offense /4-5-1 at defense. That's why it has been played by thousands club worldwide the last decade.

As a matter of taste, I really like 4-2-3W-1 (particularly the way Arsenal played it at 2001-4). Best football right now (and the whole last decade) is being played by teams which follow this kind of formations. Attacking, quick, dangerous at counterattack, almost strikerless, that's what a football fun want's to watch.

As a future prediction, 4-6-0 hybrids will be the next "best" formations in some years from now.

As for Top11, after only 8 seasons, I can say the best that worked (accidentally) for me, was 3-1-4-1-1.
    It can modified to 3-3-3-1 (kinda 3-6-1) when you want to defend really strong and deep and can go to a solid 3-4-3 (3-4W-2W or N-1)when you really want to press higher and attack.

But I shouldn't recommend you to use it. For me it worked because it allowed my players to perform at 100% (or close to that). It could be a disastrous for you.

In short, you decide what's the best formation the very first moment you start to buy players. Find those ones who fulfill their roles requirements and there it is, the best formation ever.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Rookie
    4-4-2 classic is the best for me so far, if your Quality team better that your opponent this my order: mixed passing, hard tackling, man to man marking , attacking, both flanks, pressure whole pitch, offside yes, counter attack no

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast