Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: need solution to beat 4-4-2 classic

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Loo View Post
    not sure about the correct one. but i use down both flanks , own half pressing ,normal tackling, mixed passing style,zonal marking, normal/attacking mentality (depends on opponent quality and formation )
    I also use counter. Everything else the same as above (tips from dv8r). I went from using 4-3-3 seemed week against a lot of formations such as 4-4-2. So switched to 4-5-1v with the orders above, seem to have more of a possession advantage and also slice through the formations that leave there flanks exposed.

Beat 4-4-2 formation today 3-0 (i was rated better). However, a few days ago i did draw 0-0 at home against a 17 rated team (compared to my 32 rated) which i believe was just of them games where you just seem to miss all the clear chances..... Other than that, i am still yet to conceed in the league.
    Wilson Loo likes this.

4-2-3-1 worked well for me. need solution to beat 4-4-2 classic-4-4-2-countered.jpg
    Red arrows on the wingers and press the whole pitch.
    shwanko07 likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmsnba13 View Post
    4-2-3-1 worked well for me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-4-2 Countered.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	8003
    if i am against a strong team i am dead at the back . this seems work good on weak opponent.

sdw
    Apprentice
    Im very confuse about 4-4-2.
    I often use 4-5-1 V style formation.Sometimes I beat strong teams.I defeated good rating team two consecutive days with 7:2 and 5:0.Then I lost with 1:3 from weaker team.Same mentality,same morale and condition,same orders.Im not sure what tactic to use.I think 4-3W-1-2 is the best way to counter and I hope my AMC will have big role,cuz he hasn't DMC.

Apprentice
    AMC without SS special ability seems useless to me as i tested myself. cant make much impact in game.

beat one yesterday his AVG was 48, mine my AVG was 53, he was watching too
    orders: blue arrows on CBs, red arrow on DML/DMR, Normal, mixed , mixed, no counter, no offside, own half , easy (you can choose normal if you want )

please note i played normal mentality bcz i was at home, away may be tempted with counter and defending may be .. didn't test it .. but i noticed defending at home never work , you need to attack, the inverse is true when playing away
    Last edited by shwanko07; 06-12-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Wilson Loo likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by gtmsnba13 View Post
    4-2-3-1 worked well for me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-4-2 Countered.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	8003
    interesting , never tried that before
    but work better away than home imo
    bzc at home they will counter attack you meaning their LM/RM will have free spaces as your winger will fly up attacking more at home regardless of your orders .. while in above game, you played away so your players will tend to sit in front of their RM/LM , so it can work perfectly away
    Wilson Loo likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

sdw
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    beat one yesterday his AVG was 48, mine my AVG was 53, he was watching too
    orders: blue arrows on CBs, red arrow on DML/DMR, Normal, mixed , mixed, no counter, no offside, own half , easy (you can choose normal if you want )

please note i played normal mentality bcz i was at home, away may be tempted with counter and defending may be .. didn't test it .. but i noticed defending at home never work , you need to attack, the inverse is true when playing away
    You're much stronger than him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12