Thread: Formations and Tactics needs cleaned up!

Dreamer

Lightbulb Formations and Tactics needs cleaned up!

Hi kind mods,

Please consider making some changes to the Formations and Tactics forum. Currently, there are a lot of very bad topics, like this one, for example, that ask a question that has an existing answer and no chance of creating new ideas.

To help cut down on useless topics I suggest two things:

1. Disembowel the http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ation-use.html thread, break it down into smaller, formation specific threads. I suggest the 8 most common formations, maybe the "predefined" formations? Then sticky those to take up visual space. I know it would be ugly, but it would help force the idea that answers already exist before hitting that "create new thread" button.
    2. Change the forum sign up rules! Dis-allow thread creation until after 2 replies for new users. This sounds silly, but the purpose is to frustrate people a little and make them consider using the search feature of the forum. I've seen this work. New members are generally the worst (creating bad threads).

Other ideas welcome!
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I totally agree the current Formations and Tactics is chaotic, and I think this is a good idea on how to at least somewhat make information findable. (is that a word? you know what I mean)
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    We can't do anything regarding http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ation-use.html but if you think you can create a better thread/threads feel free to do it.

Regarding your second idea, it will stay how is now.
    Change the forum sign up rules! Dis-allow thread creation until after 2 replies for new users. This sounds silly, but the purpose is to frustrate people a little and make them consider using the search feature of the forum. I've seen this work. New members are generally the worst (creating bad threads).
    Thanks for your ideas.
    Last edited by PricopGeorgeCătălin; 06-14-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Whenever anyone on here feels insulted or targeted by a post or PM, it would be appreciated to either let a Mod know, or easier, report it with the icon that looks like a triangle with an exclamation point below the user's name & avatar. I ask this because it can take time for me to read everything posted, (the PM only you see unless reported) and and we can miss things! using that links it to the post for reference as well.