Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Long distance relationships

Quote Originally Posted by marc31 View Post
    Here in Romania, it`s a word: "Eyes do not see each other, soon forgotten". I think that 2 dates a year for 5 years is too little. Sorry man, I don`t believe it`s gonna work. Just remaining, to prove us in time, we are all wrong. Good Luck.
    An English idiom says "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", and also in the link provided earlier, "Always toward absent lovers love's tide stronger flows."

I'm not so worried that we won't last, but more how hard it will be for us, not seeing each other in person every day, and how often we can communicate and stuff.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Long distance relationships are hard. I had one and it broke down within 2 months.

It tests your trust and loyalty to the max but they do work.

Communication is essential. If you both have skype you should arrange frequent video chat sessions so you can keep up with each other.

P.S. I'm Chinese too, most of my family live in Malaysia

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Jourjaque View Post
    It won't work Potemy ... believe me ! i was 4years with somebody ready to propose her and after 1year of long distance relationship she started to search for another one !

The result is always the same .... Only the time is different !

Living your life will be always the best option
    The result is not always the same. No offence, but maybe it was just her, I know my girl won't do anything like that.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Long distance relationships are hard. I had one and it broke down within 2 months.

It tests your trust and loyalty to the max but they do work.

Communication is essential. If you both have skype you should arrange frequent video chat sessions so you can keep up with each other.

P.S. I'm Chinese too, most of my family live in Malaysia
    Thanks dv8r, I think this is one of the best posts so far. Trust and loyalty, will do, and we'll try to communicate as much as possible. Like I said, I'm only worried about how hard it will be for both of us not being physically together every day, and I'm not sure how free we will both be once we are in college and university.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Long distance relationships-moose.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    Has anyone ever been in one, or are you in one right now? How is/was it? I'm about to have one, I will be leaving for Melbourne on the 14th for college but she'll be going to college locally in Malaysia.

I decided on going to college in Melbourne well before we got together, we've been together for slightly more than 2 months now. I'll be in Melbourne for at least the next 4 years, I'll be able to come back at most once or twice a year.

Have any of you ever been in one and how did it work out for you? Was it easy to find time for one another, and were you able to communicate often? Especially college and university situations would be helpful.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

It won't work because you will cheat on each other and even if you don't you will lose trust some where along the way.
    gkassimis and Darth Sidious like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    It won't work because you will cheat on each other and even if you don't you will lose trust some where along the way.
    Lol maybe you will, but not us. Care to share your story? You sure seem to be a very negative fellow.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    Nothing is impossible but is clear that it will be very hard. After first months no but in time, yes.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

I'm not negative, I'm just giving you these meaningless words that you are reading right now. I hope they stay meaningless but most likely it will make sense in the future. You are way too young to know what love is. I think you are in dreamland but clearly you are very inexperienced with girls. This is the rule you should follow "he who cares least controls the relationship". Lets say we jump ahead 5 years, you managed to jerk it through out a very strong sexually desired age;if anything the strongest;and managed to make it home and marry your girl and you 2 get married and successful in life and raise few kids. Then when everything's perfect you will be surrounded by these young hot ass bitches you never had a chance to bang in your life before and you will do what you didn't get to do younger. Its better to play now when you are free of responsibilities, do everything you want so later in life when you have priorities and family, you can actually resist the temptation because you had experienced it all already. No1 marries their 1st love now adays, and you don't usually end up marrying person you love and its perfectly OK. You are young, ambitious, you studying oversea for better future so concentrate on making your family proud rather than think of a girl that won't matter much in future. Many girls out there but you only have one mom one dad. Now realistically speaking, you are the one going to get the worse of it if you take this relationship serious. You will be lonely in a strange new place and commit to her via phone, Internet as much as you can but she's in a comfortable place which means you will be more attached to her than she is to you. You will have doubts after a while when she won't give you as much attention as you give her. I don't know how attractive she is but lets say she is, then you will be competing with assholes like me back home and you will lose without a fight since your existence is non-profound. You can't make her stay home and chit chat on the net with you day after day. You think when she goes out an older, more experienced, handsome dude who drives Mercedez gives her the attention she lacks from you she's going to refuse him to stay loyal to you? Well she might...because what you don't know wont hurt you. How are you so sure YOU, yourself can resist the temptations when you barely have an idea of the limits? You are Chinese? You must know that even "Buddha jumps wall" sometimes right? Since you are so sure why start this thread and ask for advice and then be all defensive when others tell you what you don't want to hear? Anyways, you'll be OK no matter what, life goes on and you prolly be in love with another Chinese chick who's studying in Melbourne as well and post another thread 5 years from now asking the same question. Just enjoy life dude, and make sure don't pop any kids on the way.

Ps. You should like every kind of women, they are all beautiful in their own ways. If you don't tap any Australian chicks while you there, you prolly wont have that chance later and surely you'll regret it.

Long distance relationships-411928693_039.jpg

I'll send it to Melbourne for you, good luck buddy.

You are one of a kind! Never heard a man claims he will resist girls. Hope you prove me wrong dude.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast