Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pnr8555

Thread: 2019 and football TV broadcasting

2019 and football TV broadcasting

2019 could be a year where things will really change a lot in terms of sports broadcasting, particularly football.

This season's CL and EL are not on TV in Thailand this year, only to be broadcasted on Goal website, and from the recent news, Facebook just won the broadcasting rights for EPL for the next 3 seasons starting from 2019-20 season onwards.

The broadcasting rights for EPL in Thailand this year currently owned by BEIN Sports, who also holds the rights to La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and MLS, and currently distributing their rights to True, a leading subscription TV provider and some matches are shown on a national free-TV channel PPTV. For other top leagues, Bundesliga and Dutch league are on Fox Sports and this year, no one is broadcasting FA competitions and EFL Cup.

Just like how Netflix is taking over the entertainment industry, producing original contents and trying to compete with traditional TV providers, I think in the next 5-10 years we could see TV networks finding themselves somewhere else, and literally, no one won't be watching programmes on a real TV set anymore but rather on their phone or PC.

I think Europe are ready for this, but here in Thailand, I don't think we're ready for this sudden change, but to be honest, we only spend about 5-6 hours on TV a week nowadays.
    khris likes this.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Is not only Facebook, from 19-22 even Amazon bough the rights to stream 20 games per season, probably focusing on the best ones and they will be available thru Amazon Prime.

Totally normal as technology advance, people prefer the internet nowadays as is easier to watch it.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Is not only Facebook, from 19-22 even Amazon bough the rights to stream 20 games per season, probably focusing on the best ones and they will be available thru Amazon Prime.

Totally normal as technology advance, people prefer the internet nowadays as is easier to watch it.
    I think it depends on countries and traditions. No one here really want to watch UCL/UEL on the web yet, and the streaming quality and the server loads isn't really capable enough.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC