Thread: new position: "sweeper" and... shoot/stop penalties

new position: "sweeper" and... shoot/stop penalties

sweeper;
    well I see that there are lots of positions to choose, gk, mc, st... but there is one position that is between the GK and the Defenders, is the "sweeper", usually is near the goalkeeper just out the little area, and work to do a stronger defense. Sometimes you can put this player out the big area, in the center of defenders but, a little further back, closer to the GK,

and.....-.- ..... why don't have the option to shoot the penalties?
    just do a picture of the porter's lodge, and divide it in 9
    _________
    (1---2---3 )
    (4---5---6 )
    (7---8---9 )

5 seconds to decide where to shoot, or to push where to stop the shoot... and ready. If dont press, the game decides automatically....
    the adrenaline will be at 200% if you win a final of the champions league in the extra time and.. after you shooting all ...or if you stop 1 penalty and win the cup.. no? (^-^)

Sweeper would be actually very rare, even in the real football world where they just have a very deep back line.
    Or it should actually be an ability on the keeper (to replace the useless penalty stopper).
    With a sweeper keeper, it may allow your team to push further up and less vulnerable to long ball counter attack

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Why they would create a new line, is ok how is now.

And about penalties, I saw something like that on some picture, I don't know if they will add it or no, you can find that picture on Nordeus Facebook.

"Sweeper" (or "Libero" in spanish/italian, meaning "Free") is a non-existent position in football nowadays... Beckenbauer inventend that position, but that was back in the 70s...

Nowadays that role is assumed by the DMC position. Just think of Sergio Busquets in Barça, he plays DMC but he can retreat to DC or even advance to MC.
    My team: AC Barcelona

Season 2 Level 2: Current
    Season 1 Level 1: League winner; Cup finalist