Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Liquid
  • 1 Post By Con Dingo

Thread: Cup handicap.

Cup handicap.

I understand how Top 11 creates its Cups by grouping teams of similar skill levels together while ignoring the actual level of the team. For me it's been 4 seasons since I was in a Cup of my own level. Why am I punished for having a more powerful team than most people in my level range? This defeats the purpose of even having levels.

I am not responsible for other people not being able to keep up with me. Likewise, I am not able to keep up with everyone either, though I am probably near the top of my level range. Everyone wants to improve their teams so that they can WIN. But the Cup format defeats any attempt to outgrow my opponents. I'm level 6 and playing in a lvl 7 Cup. Last season I was lvl 5...and playing in a lvl 7 Cup. I've not played at my own level since I was a 2. I'd like to win a Cup because I put in the effort to compete and win; not be penalized and thrown into a competition I'm unlikely to stand a chance in.

Why can we not simply be grouped with teams of our own level, rather than evenly matched teams? Don't try to arbitrarily balance the Cup. It's a competition. That competition extends beyond the matches and into the team-building aspect. Let us compete and stop taking away the progress and advantages/disadvantages that we create for ourselves.
    Eric Jego likes this.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

It does this to balance out players who are token buyers and players who only use a 35 token budget. The whole point of this is so that it is competitive, and not one person dominating because they buy tokens

I understand that. Our level should be the criteria used for balancing regardless of how many tokens one buys. If it's good enough for League and CL, then it should be good enough for the Cup as well.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

They just don't want to end up with one team that is far superior and has no challenge on their way to winning the cup

I am level 8 playing in the cup at level 12 and i'm loving it.It gives you the chance of proving if its your tokens that win you trophies or your skills as a manager.In my opinion if you're crap in the cup you're probably a crap manager.

I like that there's a difference. Token buyers/farmers will like the League and CL more. People who fancy themselves to be skillful managers will like the Cup most
    Eric Jego likes this.