Thread: Transfer Listing Your Player

Dreamer

Transfer Listing Your Player

I don't know about you guys, but when I transfer list a player it really bothers me that the game decides how long the initial round is and doesn't give you any options in that regard.

At very least a prompt saying how long the round is and when it will end should verify if you want to list the player now or hold on to him a little longer.

I would prefer that it would allow us to choose a range of transfer list times like
    • 1 to 2 hours
    • 2 to 3 hours
    • 3 to 5 hours
    • More than 5 hours

Just a minute ago I listed a player fully expected him to be listed with an initial round of at least 2 hours, but I was wrong. The round will end before noon. That's a huge difference in the number of people that will see the listing, but I had no way of knowing.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

At least give a preview of how long it will be before you put them on

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    Right. I understand that they wouldn't want to give control over the exact time listing because it would mess with their engine, but giving you nothing is just dang rude.

Rule #1 of UI design: "The system should always keep users informed about what is going on, through appropriate feedback within reasonable time." (That's from my textbook...)

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Agreed. I'd be quite happy with a simple end time under the starting price selector. Better would be a 'select start time' along with the end time preview.

But ofc more shiny options would be better still.

This would over load TL even more at convenient hours and empty it completely during other hours.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    This would over load TL even more at convenient hours and empty it completely during other hours.
    No it would not. That's why Nordgens exist. Also, this game is world-wide. If you notice, really good Nordgens appear mostly at the "other hours" you mentioned.

For example, if I had this information when I listed the player I mentioned, I would have waited an additional 30-40 minutes, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    No it would not. That's why Nordgens exist. Also, this game is world-wide. If you notice, really good Nordgens appear mostly at the "other hours" you mentioned.

For example, if I had this information when I listed the player I mentioned, I would have waited an additional 30-40 minutes, not more.
    Yes, Nordeus creates Nordgens when there are not enough players on TL to sign. Means in "other hours" TL would be FULL of Nordgens and that's what Nordeus doesn't want.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Yes, Nordeus creates Nordgens when there are not enough players on TL to sign. Means in "other hours" TL would be FULL of Nordgens and that's what Nordeus doesn't want.
    It already happens. It would practically change nothing.

I get that choosing times would be nice, but at the very least just a preview of how long the auction will be if you put them on the transfer list. Nice and simple, and really not hard to set up

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought