Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: This should be changed

This should be changed

So I had this match against who I will just call "Dude".
    He didn´t show up with 11 players so the match was cancelled and rated 3:0 in my favor. Good thing you may think.
    But Dude is really really weak. It´s most likely a zombie team and doesn´t get managed anymore. He´s last in my league and I´m first. The first match against Dude I won 15:0. It´s maybe hard to understand I complain about an easy win.

How about this:

-All competitive teams had their games against Dude which they won like 10:0, so it´s clearly a disadvantage in the goal ratings for winning the championship. Actually my goal rating isn´t even close to be endangered. But it´s still a disadvantage.

-I don´t think I got new fans from the match.

-Also I did not get experience for my players from the match.

-I did not get red/blue/green packs from the match.

-I did not get ticket and merchandise cash from what was my home match.

-Only for statistical purposes it was surprisingly considered a "match" as I saw my average visitors drop. It was rated a home match with 0 visitors for that matter.

-My best players got no goals and assists for statistics and leaderboards from the match.

In my case it had no real consequences for the league and wasn´t that big of a deal. But is it really supposed to be that way? Why doesn´t he just have to play with 10 players? If a manager can´t manage to bring 11 poeple to a field he should be punished for it, not his opponent.
    Buffs Mad and Az Khan like this.

They should just fill out his team with 1 star players and play the match

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

I agree RjSlow. Would be a good thing. I had a look at the rules. As for international FIFA statutes a team has to consist of 7 players to start a match. I don´t think in national teams are as much unmanaged zombie teams like in T11 and would never happen there. So it might be a genaral thing to fill up with 1 star players here.

Also I really don´t get why You can have only 7 substitute players to a match. Even for a standard 4-4-2 you need at least 8 players to have a spare for every postion in case of injuries. As MCs normally can play only MC position you need to bring a DC/DL player and a DC/DR player to backup all positions with 7 reserve players. Leaving you little options on changing the strategy during the match because even a single DC/DMC would make you vulnerable for injuries. There´s teams with 30+ players out there and FIFA international statutes allow 12 reserve players to a match. 10 would do the job, 7 is not enough.

Edit: I´m from Berlin but YES I DO LOVE THE BVB!!1
    Last edited by Dennis Janosch; 08-27-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    They should just fill out his team with 1 star players and play the match
    Agree, it really matters goal difference sometimes.

Yep, needs fixed.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Janosch View Post
    I agree RjSlow. Would be a good thing. I had a look at the rules. As for international FIFA statutes a team has to consist of 7 players to start a match. I don´t think in national teams are as much unmanaged zombie teams like in T11 and would never happen there. So it might be a genaral thing to fill up with 1 star players here.

Also I really don´t get why You can have only 7 substitute players to a match. Even for a standard 4-4-2 you need at least 8 players to have a spare for every postion in case of injuries. As MCs normally can play only MC position you need to bring a DC/DL player and a DC/DR player to backup all positions with 7 reserve players. Leaving you little options on changing the strategy during the match because even a single DC/DMC would make you vulnerable for injuries. There´s teams with 30+ players out there and FIFA international statutes allow 12 reserve players to a match. 10 would do the job, 7 is not enough.

Edit: I´m from Berlin but YES I DO LOVE THE BVB!!1
    There is far too much work that needs done on player counts before even thinking about subs. Namely the fact that your team rating is an average of all your players. Nordeus uses that number for almost all their calculations, but it's easily "fluffed" by simply having less players. Less players means that you devide by a smaller number, and thus every time a player improves it has more weight on that average number than a team with more players. To eliminate this they could sum your starting 11 only, but that won't happen.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Eri
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Nordeus uses that number for almost all their calculations
    Are you sure they use it ? I though it was just to show the average stars of all the players, didn't know it was used, lol that sucks
    Eri FC
    S01 : League Winner - Cup Winner.
    S02 : League Winner - Cup Winner - CL Winner.

Longest Unbeaten Run : 68 - Stopped by Alex Crew FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    There is far too much work that needs done on player counts before even thinking about subs. Namely the fact that your team rating is an average of all your players. Nordeus uses that number for almost all their calculations, but it's easily "fluffed" by simply having less players. Less players means that you devide by a smaller number, and thus every time a player improves it has more weight on that average number than a team with more players. To eliminate this they could sum your starting 11 only, but that won't happen.
    I had some thought on that earlier too, but as you mention it:
    If team stats would be calculated from only the starting formation, a manager can simply put his best players to reserve as needed, thus "cheating" his average strength. But he can already do that through his reserve players being bad, so it wouldn´t be any worse than it is now. Maybe the best way would be to add just his strongest eleven players strength.
    I had a hard time winning the cup in season 3, playing against only season 4 players. I thought ok, this is the way of a cup and they can´t let season 1 teams play against season 20, so somewhere has to be the split. Next season I´m season 4, playing season 3 & 4 teams in the cup. So far I guessed. Now I´m season 4, playing season 5 & 6 teams only.
    I have to say it is fun. More fun than slaughtering season 4 teams in the league. From that point it´s a nice thing to have competitive teams to play the cup. BUT:
    If the teams are equal in the beginning of a season there´s one thing to keep in mind. I start with a whole cap level transfer market roster, and through the season I can only further improve them by training. A season 6 players transfer market cap is 10(!) levels higher than mine. He can easily improve his team to a point I can never achieve with just 1-3 transfers.
    In the end of the season (where it counts) I have little chances to be competitive anymore.
    This is a BIG disadvantage in the cup system as it is played right now. Making it harder for the best players to get a cup than for anyone else. I think the cup should not be a second Champion League but bring together teams from different leagues. But there should be a modifier like a +3 per team level when determining team strength for that matter. I know it is supposed to be realistic and hard to play against higher leagues. But keep in mind the differences of a game here. As there is no league cap for that in T11, player experience is just: The better you get the worse it gets. At least until you reach season level 40 or whatever is the top right now.

So, dear top eleven, here´s my suggestions:
    1. No more cancelled matches against zombie teams, as it may ruin league competition in the worst case.
    2. Give us at least 10 reserve players to matches.
    3. Cup team strength modifier based on team level.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I feel like some guys here are not aware that the cup draws are decided by looking at your 14 best players
    Peter Renn and Dennis Janosch like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

No, I didn´t know that. That´s a good thing. Is there also a modifier for team level cup strength I don´t know about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast