Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Relegation Zone

Relegation Zone

I think it'd be good for Top Eleven to introduce a relegation zone, if only to demote teams owned by players who no longer play.
    Its natural, people get bored or they find something else to play. But the growing fate of these teams seem to be heavy losses and rooted to the foot of the league they are in.
    Would it not be better to flush these teams out by relegating them down to a lower league?

There was already few suggestions to introduce relegation, no response from nordeus. Manager (for non-bot team) who is relegated should be sacked or should have to sell best players (6*+) to prevent tanking and being OP in lower level league.

They need to put a lot of restrictions on relegation though because it could be abused to have a strong team in a weaker league. As for the managers who do not play anymore, they only get 60 or 70 days of inactivity before they lose their team anyway, so that is a way of getting rid of those teams
    BeckStar likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Addicted
    I agree T11 and RJ, I do not see relegation as a viable option. I have never 'tanked' but I have gone through seasons when I have not improved my team until the end of the season when you can buy for 1 token. Then the next season I have a team capable of competing. I usually do very well and qualify for CL. If there was relegation and employed these tactics (and I'm sure many others do), I would storm the league and undoubtedly upset many players.

Relegate could only work if they took away 5Quality(75skill points) from each of your players but i don't see how that could ever work out.. ;last few teams are usually bots or players that abandoned their teams, they'll be deleted in 1-2 seasons anyway.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    Relegate could only work if they took away 5Quality(75skill points) from each of your players but i don't see how that could ever work out.. ;last few teams are usually bots or players that abandoned their teams, they'll be deleted in 1-2 seasons anyway.
    No, players shouldn't loose quallity, they should be sold. Every club which gets relegated has to sell his best players, that is common in real life. Besides that, they said they made game according to FA Premierleague. There best players leave clubs which are relegated to Championship. If high Q player has contract near end (in relegated club), then he shouldn't want to extend his contract with unsuccesful club so he should become FA.
    Relegation (and everything that goes with it) should prevent tanking and should punish incompetent managers.
    There shouldn't be changes for Bot teams because that teams are weak (average 2-3*).

Addicted
    Relegation will not prevent tanking. The more experienced players know how to tank. Play as normal until maybe halfway through the season, tank until you cannot get promoted and then put your best team in and finish 8th or 9th. This happened to my minor team today, the team bottom of the league (3 wins all season) suddenly put their all new and best team out for the first time this season and stopped me qualifying for the CL

Bot teams dont carry over to the next season. If there is a team with a bot manager it will get deleted as soon as the season is over. And a team could have bought all 5 star players, so even if the game makes him sell a few of his good players, the rest of his 5 star players will become 6 star players. This is not even including how token buyers can just buy a squad full of scouts, lose a few when getting relegated, and then destroy the competition. And how will leagues filled up with 2 different levels work with relegation? I think relegation would be good but I do not see a way for nordeus to implement it without lots of problems

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Here what I've writted time ago, I saved the link in the group for occasions like this LOL

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-disaster.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    Relegation will not prevent tanking. The more experienced players know how to tank. Play as normal until maybe halfway through the season, tank until you cannot get promoted and then put your best team in and finish 8th or 9th. This happened to my minor team today, the team bottom of the league (3 wins all season) suddenly put their all new and best team out for the first time this season and stopped me qualifying for the CL
    In case relegation implements, I guess that there is no team staying in the same level unless the no. of team promoted is also altered. Relegating 7 teams can make the number of teams balances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast