Thread: Relagate Teams, don't reduce quality of player.

Relagate Teams, don't reduce quality of player.

I think it would work. And it actually would give more importance to every game and keep things interesting throughout a league. But why think only in terms of player quality ? Why not add a financial cut as well ? That would prevent players from 'Tanking' ? Wouldn't it ?

we talked about that since T11 was created LOL

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-disaster.html

Yes many times discussed, i will add another thought in why that should not be implemented. I think we have to consider this, a game has to keep players somehow happy, i suppose that the majority playing TE are casual players who are finishing in varius league positions every season, the least reward for those players is that at least they are remaining in same level and in the worse case thay are not going backwards, i believe that this kind of players propably will be disapointed by frequent going backwards and might abandon TE if relegation exists. We all need those players they are making the difference compared to frequent players, are those who in most cases with their ingame style (not bothering so much for a trophie)allow frequent players to gain trophies.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

too... now I'm thinking that... what will happen with the top server??? that have 14 teams... for example in level 22... so 7 go to 23... 7 to 21... and 7 or 14 of 21 go to 22....

¿?¿?¿? so the top never will have 14 real players.... you guess that? LOL

The top server will never really have 14 real players anyway won't they ? If 7 from 22(top level) get promoted, who will they join in 23 ? Since 23 has no one already anyway ????

Yes, but I feel a relegation battle would more than likely increase the immersiveness of the game.
    We "managers" are a weird bunch anyway I would think, the challenge of keeping your team up and avoiding penalties could add another dimension to the game. Yes we'd prolly lose some not so frequent players, who are happy to stay in the same level, which to me makes no sense, but I'm sure we'd gain a lot of players who like realism and challenges.
    I just want the abandoned team to be weeded out or "down" to be more appropriate, since I get no JOY from beating such teams with keepers playing as AMCs with huge margins and I'm sure NORDEUS don't get a buck from them anyway.
    Might take a little "Levels Re-designing", but I'm sure it will definitely add to the game then take away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    too... now I'm thinking that... what will happen with the top server??? that have 14 teams... for example in level 22... so 7 go to 23... 7 to 21... and 7 or 14 of 21 go to 22....

¿?¿?¿? so the top never will have 14 real players.... you guess that? LOL
    ..sh$t...you are right never thought about that
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Famous
    It is too unrealistic to cut auto quality for non-promoted team (or relegated team, if any in future). I highly object this.

I like giving some extra financial burden to them to make the game fair. So I suggested before to amend the contract structure to include annual wage increase. Teams will be harder to keep current players in new season if they did not obtain league position reward. If they cannot keep a positive bank balance, they will be forced to sell players.

In case, team relegation is implemented, relegated team will fight for league reward lower than before. They may also need to rebuild with less expensive players.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 11-09-2014 at 02:06 PM.