Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Adrian Paul Mason
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By William Hummel

Thread: Relegation

Relegation

This may have already been posted as an idea, but there needs to be more realism, the threat of relegation is a very real thing in real football, so why not here, I suggest, the bottom two clubs are relegated automatically and the bottom 3rd and fourth bottom teams have a one off playoff to see who also gets relegated.
    As with promotion, relegation brings with it a change in star ratings for your players, when your promoted they currently go down, not sure I agree with this but I understand the mechanic, so when your relegated the opposite happens, star rating goes up, the relegation and star increase will give the owners of these relegated teams a chance to put things right, they actually maybe owners that don't really play anymore, so just let things happen, this may intice them to return to the game, therefore improving the player base.
    jojet and Ben Lowbridge like this.

Interesting idea - might be useful in 'filtering out' the dead-beat unmanaged teams that clutter up the higher-level Leagues...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    Im supporting THIS idea!

+1 +1 +1!!!

Unless I'm completely missing the point this sounds like its bringing what folks dislike about the Cup to the league.

>Promote, buy 5*s, earn sp, relegate, play with 7*s or near 7*s?

Could be a nice welcome for new players meeting those in level 1.

I writted a thread called t.r.d (the drelegation disaster) and I did a beauty pic saying no to the relegation and the reasons.....

Still with the same idea.

links: oma and thread;
    http://forum.topeleven.com/groups/of...-disaster.html

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-disaster.html

Attachment 15578

I came across this gem today:

Relegation-relegation.jpg

The 14th place team actually has a human manager.
    lespa likes this.

I like the idea itself but its not gonna work if implemented like you describe. First as Buffs said,a relegated team will end up being stronger so a team getting relegated several consecutive seasons will be one monster team.
    Such a team will not only get promoted but will do so in style,achieving doubles and triples. Suddenly it gets tough for new managers as there are monster bots in the league and they give up on the game.
    Last edited by sparklinginsilence; 09-07-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Famous
    As analyzed by many forum members including Khris, it is not fair to simply implement relegation. I think some complicated changes may make it looking fairer. I propose some as follows:

1. automatically deduct one star of all players.
    2. makes all contracts with salary increment so that the burden of any relegated or even non-promoted teams increase as punishment.
    3. fans numbers reduced significantly, so does the ticket prices in order to maintain full attendance.
    4. like real world, contract of some players, say all 4 star up players, has relegation release clause or relegation salary increase clause.

But in fact I don't prefer making the game rule too complicate. So I support the same system remains the same.

when a team gets relegated the salary of the players remains the same while the funds from tickets and sponsorship decreases so a relegated team may end up losing money in the next season. Also players will get less training points because of the lower league.

Let's say the money could be recuperated second season after relegation if the team qualifies for CL and advances in the higher stages but still overall team worth would be quite equal to the case in which they would have stayed in the superior league.

The current system with no relegation favors persons who leave the game for a certain amount of time and then come back
    The relegation system would make the leagues more balanced but maybe a little too difficult at lvl 1-2