Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cookizzz

Thread: Make The Game More Realistic (repost)

Make The Game More Realistic (repost)

It seems that there is a problem with the post I have made earlier concerning improvements for the game; the contents of the post are not shown. I have re-posted some suggestions again.

• specific separate list of attributes for goalkeepers; goalkeeping attributes are missing
    • ability to add skill points to a specific attribute rather than randomly to an attribute from a list of 5; a defender does not need upgrade in creativity but will need aggression and fitness; a striker needs upgrade in heading ability but do not need upgrades in the remaining attributes of the defense list
    • the performance of player who has played in a particular position should be more related with his quality for that particular position he is playing rather than on overall quality
    • time of fixtures should be more appropriate; less matches, especially league matches should be played between 1:30 - 5:00
    • any change in match time as requested by one manager should be approved by the other manager
    • increase the effect of tactics on the final match result
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-20-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Individual Orders For Players

• able to give each player specific orders like specific man marking, passing instructions, tackling, allow to dribble and so on
    • able to order a player to move in a specific position when defending and to move in another specific position when attacking (if this concerns the arrows, then both red and blue arrows can be put on a player simultaneously)

Famous
    I generally like your suggestions. Here are my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    • able to give each player specific orders like specific man marking, passing instructions, tackling, allow to dribble and so on
    • able to order a player to move in a specific position when defending and to move in another specific position when attacking (if this concerns the arrows, then both red and blue arrows can be put on a player simultaneously)
    [*]specific separate list of attributes for goalkeepers; goalkeeping attributes are missing
    ...[*]the performance of player who has played in a particular position should be more related with his quality for that particular position he is playing rather than on overall quality
    ...[*]increase the effect of tactics on the final match result
    Your suggestions are generally good. But I think most of them will not be changed in near future because some changes need large programming efforts, some changes are not obvious to many managers, and some changes are subject to controversy of different managers.

[*]time of fixtures should be more appropriate; less matches, especially league matches should be played between 1:30 - 5:00[*]any change in match time as requested by one manager should be approved by the other manager[/LIST]
    They have already improved the fixture time a lot. For my teams, the home match time are always during my day time. There is no perfect solution as managers come from all over the world and some managers like day time match and others like night time. Besides, if there is strict match time rule to follow, there may be load balancing problem in servers and even difficulty in designing fixture time table because of 3 hour apart restrictions.

It's good for requiring approval of match time change but a 24 or 48 hour notice is quite acceptable to me.

[*]ability to add skill points to a specific attribute rather than randomly to an attribute from a list of 5; a defender does not need upgrade in creativity but will need aggression and fitness; a striker needs upgrade in heading ability but do not need upgrades in the remaining attributes of the defense list
    Personally I prefer the suggestion of Khris in another thread to allow manager control the training to improve particular set of attribute. I don't like full control because it will create many monster but similar players. I like some variations of players and uncertainties in game.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 06-22-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Cookizz, what are your thoughts about central midfield in this game?

I think that central midfield has been given too little importance in this game. This area is the most important in the real-life football game. But here, CMs have mostly average ratings of 6-7, and it seems that they provide little contribution to the game.

This game seriously needs a lot of improvements. Based on what I have seen so far about the game, I have a lot of doubts on how 'genuine' this game is, that is how much the outcome of the game is affected by good management.

I am already discouraged to buy more tokens as the game is so fake. No offence intended, but this game looks like 'toys' for babies and kids.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-23-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Famous
    Cookizz, what are your thoughts about central midfield in this game?

I think that central midfield has been given too little importance in this game. This area is the most important in the real-life football game. But here, CMs have mostly average ratings of 6-7, and it seems that they provide little contribution to the game.

This game seriously needs a lot of improvements. Based on what I have seen so far about the game, I have a lot of doubts on how 'genuine' this game is, that is how much the outcome of the game is affected by good management.

I am already discouraged to buy more tokens as the game is so fake. No offence intended, but this game looks like 'toys' for babies and kids.
    CM is important position in T11 matches. My CMs have a lot of tackles. At the same time, they obtained a lot of cards. These affect their performance ratings.

It's true in T11 world the performance rating cannot simply reflect performance of players. Strikers generally has better ratings than others. A ST with average rating 7 is a below average one while a GK or CM with such rating is good enough to rely on. If you have experience, you should know criteria to evaluate players in different positions are different.

I believe ST has good ratings because some events we trigger good ratings and they have more chances to encounter this. In my opinion, high scoring AML or AMR have similar statistics. This is not a ideal design. Good performance of other position should also be reflected in ratings. But honestly I have already get used to this. Changes on this is theoretically good, but if changes are sudden, some manager may be confused.

In my opinion, your suggestions are generally good. I am glad to find many of them implemented. But I can play without these changes. I also don't like big changes in every season.

T11 is not a very realistic game, but not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    CM is important position in T11 matches. My CMs have a lot of tackles. At the same time, they obtained a lot of cards. These affect their performance ratings.

It's true in T11 world the performance rating cannot simply reflect performance of players. Strikers generally has better ratings than others. A ST with average rating 7 is a below average one while a GK or CM with such rating is good enough to rely on. If you have experience, you should know criteria to evaluate players in different positions are different.

I believe ST has good ratings because some events we trigger good ratings and they have more chances to encounter this. In my opinion, high scoring AML or AMR have similar statistics. This is not a ideal design. Good performance of other position should also be reflected in ratings. But honestly I have already get used to this. Changes on this is theoretically good, but if changes are sudden, some manager may be confused.

In my opinion, your suggestions are generally good. I am glad to find many of them implemented. But I can play without these changes. I also don't like big changes in every season.

T11 is not a very realistic game, but not bad either.
    Thanks for the replies.

I had a striker that had 7-7-7-7-7. He was an 18 year old 5 star player who trained decently. He was neither assigned as first penalty taker nor first free-kick taker. He was not given first priority to take corners too. But, he scored 7 goals in 11 games, and made some assists. I sold him a few days ago. Now, I regret as it seems that his contribution was important. I think that I rushed to sell him to bring funds to buy a better player for next season. I should have kept him at least till the last 2 days of this season. Like you, I thought that 7s was not enough for a striker, especially a 5 star rated one, and this tempted me more to sell him. What could be the reason why he had so many 7s?
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-24-2015 at 05:35 AM.

Famous
    Thanks for the replies.

I had a striker that had 7-7-7-7-7. He was an 18 year old 5 star player who trained decently. He was neither assigned as first penalty taker nor first free-kick taker. He was not given first priority to take corners too. But, he scored 7 goals in 11 games, and made some assists. I sold him a few days ago. Now, I regret as it seems that his contribution was important. I think that I rushed to sell him to bring funds to buy a better player for next season. I should have kept him at least till the last 2 days of this season. Like you, I thought that 7s was not enough for a striker, especially a 5 star rated one, and this tempted me more to sell him. What could be the reason why he had so many 7s?
    Your young player's rating is not very good but he showed decent ability to score (unless the opponents are very weak). As he is young and trains decently, I usually give him some time. Some young players may improve performance after 1 or 2 seasons. It is probably because they will find a right role in the team and simply develop necessary skills. As long as he can improve in quality (and so does market value, for low levels), the time keeping him is not wasted.

Strikers generally have better statistics. But this is relative speaking. I also consider overall team ratings and performance as well as statistics of whole league. As I remember, my best strikers in the past might have average ratings above 8. In last 3 seasons, my teams could not dominate in league as before. Total scores in league matches also dropped. My strikers' average ratings dropped to low to mid 7. But I still consider some of them well playing.

My L23 team have 42 points after 22 matches and tied at top the league table now. The team does not dominate but plays well and won some close matches. There is only 1 regular starting ST who scored 17 goals in 24 matches. This is about one forth of my team goals in this season. His average rating is only 7.5. But he can score many goals in matches even if his rating is 7 only. He is only a low 5 star striker. Only ranked 2nd or even 3rd among my strikers in qualities. But he is reliable enough that I usually only start him as the only striker. I trust that he can carry my team to win some matches without great match rating.