View Poll Results: Do you like this ideas?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

15 88.24%
  • NO

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2 New Competitions (CUP and SuperCUP)

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar

2 New Competitions (CUP and SuperCUP)

Hey guys, I saw a lot of activity on this thread: http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...petitions.html so I decided to share with you my own idea.

Most of the ideas on this subject can't be created because is asking for a lot of new things to the game, like extending the season duration, increasing number of games per day or creating very complex new competitions.

My idea is to create something that will generate only benefits for the players and for the game.

First Competition: Something like UEFA CUP for places 5-7 (possible 3rd place from CL group stage).
    *advantages for the game: increasing transfers activity, increasing quality of the league.
    *advantages for the players: new competition(s), more reasons to play, a great chance for underdogs to win a trophy.

This competition won't affect the game and won't ask for major changes, the season duration can stay same, games can be played at the same time with Champions League.

Second Competition: A Super CUP between the new competition (a.k.a "UEFA CUP winner) and Champions League winner.
    *advantages for the game: keeping a number of huge players activ until the last day of the season.
    *advantages for the players: new competition, more reason to fight.

It can be played in the last day of the season to don't affect the game schedule.

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by PricopGeorgeCătălin; 07-11-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Famous
    Thanks for your proposal. I think UEFA like new cup have also been widely discussed in this forum in the past.

Personally, while I don't strongly object, I don't prefer adding extra matches to 5th - 7th place teams. If my team fell to these positions, I would like a enjoy a schedule with fewer matches.

I am not unhappy with current match schedule. But I may only enjoy new competition which will be on first 2 season days, and have low importance and prize so that I may ignore.

Sorry if this is what other fellow managers want.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Thanks for your proposal. I think UEFA like new cup have also been widely discussed in this forum in the past.

Personally, while I don't strongly object, I don't prefer adding extra matches to 5th - 7th place teams. If my team fell to these positions, I would like a enjoy a schedule with fewer matches.

I am not unhappy with current match schedule. But I may only enjoy new competition which will be on first 2 season days, and have low importance and prize so that I may ignore.

Sorry if this is what other fellow managers want.
    You can still play your reserves (and intentionally get your team knocked out of the competition).

If a Europa League or UEFA Cup sort of competition is introduced, the money prize for the Champions League should be increased, else the money prize for the newly introduced competition will be set to low (could be like the league or even lower, which is not desirable).
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Personal request: Please stay on TOPIC and talk only about this idea, otherwise I will have to delete your posts.

Hey cookizzz, thanks for replay. Well I was thinking same like Tactician, you can play your sub. and still win something extra from the game.

Tactician, thanks for the replay!
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

The problem with the Super Cup is for it to work there has to be the same number of competitions. If a consolation spot was offered to CL 3rd then thats 8 teams entering at knockout stage so 8 teams needed from 8 groups of 3, fewer matches. But that's preferable to to extending qualification to non-promoted teams.

I still would rather see an Invitation Tournament. Click Yes=In, Click No=Bot Replacement.

Voted yes anyway because I had no real reason to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    The problem with the Super Cup is for it to work there has to be the same number of competitions. If a consolation spot was offered to CL 3rd then thats 8 teams entering at knockout stage so 8 teams needed from 8 groups of 3, fewer matches. But that's preferable to to extending qualification to non-promoted teams.

I still would rather see an Invitation Tournament. Click Yes=In, Click No=Bot Replacement.

Voted yes anyway because I had no real reason to say no.
    Creating same number of competitions should not be a problem. Plus this competitions can be closer to the reality then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    This two thumps up👍👍

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    You can still play your reserves (and intentionally get your team knocked out of the competition).

If a Europa League or UEFA Cup sort of competition is introduced, the money prize for the Champions League should be increased, else the money prize for the newly introduced competition will be set to low (could be like the league or even lower, which is not desirable).
    Yea. There are various options to play including intentionally losing matches. So I may still live with new competitions added. So I am not strongly object.

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Personal request: Please stay on TOPIC and talk only about this idea, otherwise I will have to delete your posts.

Hey cookizzz, thanks for replay. Well I was thinking same like Tactician, you can play your sub. and still win something extra from the game.

Tactician, thanks for the replay!
    I will stop discussing here if we will only concentrate how to make new competitions workable. I just wish not to increase burden of managers running 5th to 7th teams.

For any idea of new competition, I have already involved in some discussion threads when this was a hot topic in one year or more ago.

It won't be a 'burden' unless the money prize is too low or they set the time for the matches inappropriately.

An UEFA Cup / Europa League type of competition will give other users the opportunity to win something; it will also encourage some users after they came 3rd in the group stages and got knocked out of the Champions League. Also, it will make the group stages more competitive as the two bottom teams will fight for the 3rd place rather than giving up and playing with reserves.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    It won't be a 'burden' unless the money prize is too low or they set the time for the matches inappropriately.
    Simply speaking, personally I don't enjoy more matches for 5th-7th teams. But again, I don't strongly object. This is my last post here as it is out of topic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast