Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: And I state yet again.. Fixtures timing for far (from Europe) folks blows.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar

And I state yet again.. Fixtures timing for far (from Europe) folks blows.

I see so few Americans on my server, and of the two I started playing with from invite, one has quit. One of the reasons is the stupid fixtures time for people in the US, especially the West.

Here's the fixtures from one for my teams:

And I state yet again.. Fixtures timing for far (from Europe) folks blows.-really-stupid-timings.jpg

Anybody in Europe get a Cup, CL and League match on the same calendar day? How about days with no matches at all?

It is REALLY frustrating to be so discriminated against, and let me tell you that is what it feels like.
    Above is a team I only farm T and boosters sometimes, so cannot really afford to change eight match times a season. It *really* isn't fair.

Ok.. whining over..

But folks from Austral/Asia and US with this problem know where I am coming from on this.
    Please chime in with your thoughts.. and if others also have this issue.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 07-19-2015 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typos
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Your fixture is always crazy. I feel sad for you.

I am from Hong Kong, South East Asia. Most of my fixtures are arranged from morning (just after season day beginning) to around 6 p.m. Sometimes there are matches at night. But I rarely have a match after midnight. Three matches on same calendar day is very rare.

As I estimate, about 50%, 40%, 10% of my opponents are from Asia, Europe, and other countries respectively.

Generally, my matches against Asian teams are held around noon, my matches against European teams are held in late afternoon or night (I think this is early to afternoon in Europe). This is a general trend but there are many exceptions. For example, a Scotland team's home match against my team is arranged at about 10:30 am (earliest possible match time in a season day, midnight in Scotland), and some matches with Asian teams are held at night.

I believe locations of managers are considered in arranging match schedule. That's why most of my matches are in my day time. As I understand, T11 start of season day occurs in late afternoon in America. This may limit the available time slots of arranging day time matches for American teams. If they also try to avoid midnight matches for American teams, schedule arrangement may be more difficult. Moreover, as no. of American managers may be comparatively small, sometimes their interests may not be fairly maintained.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I understand I am in a tiny slice of the overall user base. But, to be honest...I was happier when they were all times of day, 2 am is better for me than 2 pm, but that blows for most people. I just really wish that they would account for local calendar days when doing the fixtures.. or that we were given a chance to express a preference for a window of time for home matches.
    cookizzz likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And thats why since the creation of the universe T11, managers were asking for servers with different time-zones.

13.700 millions of years later that, we still doing memes about these things.
    Last edited by khris; 07-19-2015 at 03:25 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Famous
    I just studied your fixture list in more details, and noticed that there are total 3 calendar days with 3 matches in this season. I expect that the first 2 matches are on same season day while the last match is held on next season day. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The first matches are against either Turkey or Romania (GMT+2) teams at midnight (morning in Turkey/Romania). This may be the earliest possible time convenient to both you and your opponents. Early match times are also fine for you.

The second matches are against Germany/Brazil/Holland teams. I think the times for these matches are less important because you have less concern whether it is closer to the first or third match.

The most important are the match times of the third matches. All these matches were held at night of same calendar day. If they could be delayed to next calendar day, there would not be 3 matches on same calendar day. Two of these matches were against Asian (S.Korea & Thailand) teams. I am afraid the few hours at night are the only time convenient to both parties. The remaining match is against a Holland (if I correctly identify the flag) team. The match was held at 20:51. The corresponding match time in Holland was at midnight. I think this is strange. The most reasonable time against West Europe team is morning in America (night in West Europe). But for this case, there was another match against a France team on next morning. Congested schedule was hard to be avoided.

I have not thoroughly thought if the match schedule could be improved. But now I understand more why your schedule is looked so different from mine.

also there are calendar days with two league match or none. I miscounted, though by one, seven matches are at times i wish they were not. I have four active teams right now (others are on hold so I dont check fixture) but pretty much they are all like this, and worse, it is same days that are empty.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 07-19-2015 at 10:06 PM. Reason: ...
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    The match scheduling seems considerate to avoid match time at midnight of both parties. As the result, in your region, the matches against European teams are generally held in your morning while the matches against Asian teams are generally held at night. As most of your matches are restricted by these, the flexibility on match scheduling is greatly reduced.

For my teams, my matches against European teams are restricted to my night time. But I have little restrictions on matches against Asian teams. So the match time are more evenly spreaded.

I think adding a optional choice of preferred time zone or even a preferred time window in a day will be helpful to you.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 07-20-2015 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post

I think adding a optional choice of preferred time zone or even a preferred time window in a day will be helpful to you.
    very much so. would also be good for people who work at second or third shift, too.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post

... The remaining match is against a Holland (if I correctly identify the flag) team. The match was held at 20:51. The corresponding match time in Holland was at midnight. I think this is strange. The most reasonable time against West Europe team is morning in America (night in West Europe). But for this case, there was another match against a France team on next morning. Congested schedule was hard to be avoided.

I believe I incorrectly identify the flag of your opponent of 3rd match on 3 July. It should be Indonesia instead of Holland. The image is small to me that I mixed up the background color. As your opponent is an Asian team, a night match make sense.

Apprentice
    remove the lighting system from your stadium :P
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast