Thread: New Champions League draw system

New Champions League draw system

Now that we are talking about CL (for different reasons) I will do ma suggestion, based in a system semi-real (LOL).

As we know the actual rule, divide teams in 4 POTS, 1st with the winner + the 7 winners of the better leagues and 3 POTS depend of UEFA coeficient of teams.

I'm sure that can be difficult to create something like a coeficient of CL and for example, and do a ranking of the teams based in CL history to do the groups so, my suggestion is that every group have to have a League winner, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th.

That simple. I think is really a fair rule, guarantee variety no?

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    my suggestion is that every group have to have a League winner, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th.

That simple. I think is really a fair rule, guarantee variety no?
    Your proposal was good if the leagues of the same level were similar in terms of team power, but we all now this is completely wrong. I'm plenty of examples where team 4th in a league are much worst than the ones that won other leagues of the same level...

..in fact my advise in order to win without big amount of token consumption is not to be very strong, but to find the right equilibrium...and to be not too much strong! I can clarify if it may interest!

my suggestion is that every group have to have a League winner, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th.
    Yet, that is exactly what has happened in the last two seasons in the CL Groups my teams have been involved in:

Palace Casuals
    Season 25:
    Champions League: Drawn in Group E. Opponents in Group stage are:
    Palace Casuals, League Champions, plus
    ДяДя FC of Cherkassy, Ukraine. Level 24, Aq 134.9. 2nd in League last season.
    Capon FC, of An Giang, Vietnam. Level 24, AQ 134.3. 3rd in League last season.
    GS FC, of Ankara, Turkey. Level 24, AQ 127.9. 4th in League last season.

Season 26:
    Level 25 Champions League Group G
    Riemsky United - Saarbrücken, Germany. 4*/137.6Q. League Champions last season.
    Levski - Sofia, Bulgaria. 5*/141.1Q. League 2nd, Champions League Semi-Finalists, Cup Winners.
    Palace Casuals - Clevedon, England. 4*/136.3Q. League 3rd place, Cup Runner-up.
    Chelsea FC - London, England. 3*/130.8Q. League 4th place.

The two previous seasons, Palace Casuals were 2nd in League and were grouped with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams in their CL group.

Palace Terriers
    Season 2:
    Champions League: Entering for the first time, 2nd place last season, drawn in Group H. Opponents in Group stage are:
    Santa Maria FC of Milan, Italy. Level 2, AQ 20.2. League Champions last season.
    Trieu FC, of Thanh Hoa, Vietnam. Level 2, AQ 19.9. 3rd in League last season.
    Christian FC, of Copenhagen, Denmark. Level 2, AQ 14.6. 4th in League last season.

Season 3:
    Level 3 Champions League Group H
    FC Livingame - Billericay, Turkey. 3*/21.3Q. League Champions last season.
    Palace Terriers - Clevedon, England. 3*/24.1Q. League 2nd place, Cup Runner-up.
    Bulls Brown FC - Jakarta, Indonesia. 2*/17.7Q. League 3rd place.
    Real Madrid - Madrid, Spain. 2*/17.9Q. League 4th place.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Yet, that is exactly what has happened in the last two seasons in the CL Groups my teams have been involved in:

Palace Casuals
    Season 25:
    Champions League: Drawn in Group E. Opponents in Group stage are:
    Palace Casuals, League Champions, plus
    ДяДя FC of Cherkassy, Ukraine. Level 24, Aq 134.9. 2nd in League last season.
    Capon FC, of An Giang, Vietnam. Level 24, AQ 134.3. 3rd in League last season.
    GS FC, of Ankara, Turkey. Level 24, AQ 127.9. 4th in League last season.

Season 26:
    Level 25 Champions League Group G
    Riemsky United - Saarbrücken, Germany. 4*/137.6Q. League Champions last season.
    Levski - Sofia, Bulgaria. 5*/141.1Q. League 2nd, Champions League Semi-Finalists, Cup Winners.
    Palace Casuals - Clevedon, England. 4*/136.3Q. League 3rd place, Cup Runner-up.
    Chelsea FC - London, England. 3*/130.8Q. League 4th place.

The two previous seasons, Palace Casuals were 2nd in League and were grouped with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams in their CL group.

Palace Terriers
    Season 2:
    Champions League: Entering for the first time, 2nd place last season, drawn in Group H. Opponents in Group stage are:
    Santa Maria FC of Milan, Italy. Level 2, AQ 20.2. League Champions last season.
    Trieu FC, of Thanh Hoa, Vietnam. Level 2, AQ 19.9. 3rd in League last season.
    Christian FC, of Copenhagen, Denmark. Level 2, AQ 14.6. 4th in League last season.

Season 3:
    Level 3 Champions League Group H
    FC Livingame - Billericay, Turkey. 3*/21.3Q. League Champions last season.
    Palace Terriers - Clevedon, England. 3*/24.1Q. League 2nd place, Cup Runner-up.
    Bulls Brown FC - Jakarta, Indonesia. 2*/17.7Q. League 3rd place.
    Real Madrid - Madrid, Spain. 2*/17.9Q. League 4th place.
    ?? so is the actual rule what I've suggested ?? .... well never went to see in detail this factor... how groups are made.... I was thinkin' that was random LOL

?? so is the actual rule what I've suggested ?? .... well never went to see in detail this factor... how groups are made.... I was thinkin' that was random LOL
    I like to see who I'm up against...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Elia FC View Post
    I'm plenty of examples where team 4th in a league are much worst than the ones that won other leagues of the same level...
    I had opposite experience

THANKS to the new league drawing system i had (AT START) 39.XQ as a champion and 54.xQ as a 4th placer in my current LEVEL8 CL! yes! level 8 and he is 39.xQ.... and he was lvl7 champion megalol!
    (now he is low 40ish with couple of 5X new transfers)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    I had opposite experience
    Yes you are right...I wanted to say "much better"....I apologize...