Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Instant messaging

Instant messaging

I would love to be able to send a private message to another manager as pre match banter, post match congratulations or even just to ask advice. So if Top Eleven could make that happen it would be awesome! Good idea??
    Duncton likes this.

Famous
    Open, unregulated chat is a nightmare. Bullying, bribing, and all sorts of other problems when deep (in game) chat systems are used for other purposes. Not to mention language barriers... Hopefully association chat is and can remain problem free.

Alternative suggestion:
    Allow users to send one of a pre-defined set of messages in certain occasions. So (before a game) we could "taunt" or "encourage" with kid-friendly, approved language. After game send a "good effort" or "poor sport" message, etc.

But with the "chat" so nerfed as to be appropriate, I doubt it would add much to the experience.
    Cloverfield likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

This has been mentioned many a time main problem is Language Also just why would I want to send a message ?

Rookie
    I used to play Hattrick a long time ago and the in-game forum, chat and groups were the best part of the game.
    I could chat with people in my league and get to know eachother, we created many longlasting friendships.
    There was no bullying or toxicity, like on this forum, most people are mature.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    I my self have been thinking of something along the lines of what LeManiaque is proposing.

Having some pre-written messages during a live match for instance, would make the game feel more "Alive" I think. Plus such messages, being the always the same, would help out with the language barrier as they could be automatically translated in to the corresponding meaning for the language in which your opponent runs his Top 11 on.

To use another game as a successful example of such a feature - Blizzard's, Heartstone.

You can Taunt your opponent, praise the, or... just say hello. You know, just to give you more of a sense that you are actually playing against another living being haha.

EDIT: Just to add to Rautz' comment - Indeed, an online community doesn't have to be inherently toxic. As it shows, Top 11 has a really nice community, especially as what this very Forum suggests with it's content.
    A gaming community can moderate it's own behavior!
    Cloverfield likes this.

Famous
    It could be frustrating but amusing for a pre defined message to have the chance of getting a verbal for the manager even get him or her sent to the locker room😃 . Send "you're gonna lose, sucker" too many times and get locked out of making subs or order changes, lose the in game bonus, and morale drop for test of match

There should also be an option to disable any "pre defined message" like you have with the AM & Sounds in the General settings ?
    LeManiaque likes this.

Famous
    I use pre-defined chat messages in the miniclip 8ball pool game. I like some such interactions in game, and agree that there is option for managers to ignore messages. I think set of messages can be unlocked as rewards of achievements. But managers need not to pay a lot to buy basic message sets.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Rookie
    This should be done asap!!

Sent from my FEVER using Tapatalk

What I would like to see is for associations where instant messaging is free anyway, to be able to send a message to a specific member of your team.

Most associations have 1-3 captains or vice captains who are in control of the team and maybe they want to interchange some messages.
    eg. this player is weak do you agree to kick him off and find another one?

Sounds a bit bad
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 09-10-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    khris likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast