• 2 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 4 Post By jcohen42
  • 1 Post By CM-16
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: 2 Suggestions for association games

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

2 Suggestions for association games

1) We are playing vs a Chinese group this weekend. Their home time is 06.00 (for me, for some other members it's 04.00).
    So we must wake up at 05.00 to prepare and watch our game
    Of course not. So the Chinese will be present and with full bonus in both legs.
    my suggestion is to be able to set in our asso group settings, the time period we are able to play our games.
    If another asso group doesn't have an hour in this period, we won't play with them.

2) It's the second time (in a row) we 're playing against this Chinese group.
    We 're in Gold 1 so I suppose that we 're not so many teams there.
    What I cannot understand is why we have to play vs teams from the same division.
    If the draw, match up 2 teams with (about) same quality, why must be from the same division ?
    At the end it will be boring playing vs the same opponents.
    * at least it can be vs same category division (for example vs teams from Gold 1, 2, 3)
    - if for some reason it isn't fair to play vs Bronze groups.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-21-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    Toxcatl, madflo19, CM-16 and 3 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Seems to me, that most of the Chinese associations are playing their home leg one hour after the daily reset, so they can ambush their opponents w/ their bonuses down. Happened in the Gods Network association, last season. We drew a Chinese association that was World Top 100 at the time, and they were playing their home leg one hour after the daily reset. We never played, since we lost 4-31 in the semi's to an Iranian association. But the Iranian's lost 3-15 in the 1st leg against the Chinese, and couldn't recover from the ambush. I've encountered a few other associations from China that have played their home leg at this hour as well.

The big issue I see here is that not all home field advantages are equal. Europe as a whole, is at a large disadvantage compared to the rest of the global top 11 community, regarding middle of the night fixtures. For example, its 3:00 a.m in Portugal, and 4:00 a.m. in Germany when daily reset occurs. However, its between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm in the continental USA during those hours, and its 11:00 am in Shanghai, China and 12 noon in Seoul and Tokyo during these hours. It's pretty easy to figure out, schedule that away leg one hour after daily reset when Europe is asleep, will improve our odds of getting points.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 01-21-2017 at 04:53 AM.
    madflo19 and Bunzo like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    1) We are playing vs a Chinese group this weekend. Their home time is 06.00 (for me, for some other members it's 04.00).
    my suggestion is to be able to set in our asso group settings, the time period we are able to play our games.
    If another asso group doesn't have an hour in this period, we won't play with them.
    The other solution for this is to not carry over attendance between rounds. Currently, if you attend the first leg of a match, you are automatically added to attend the second leg. This gives an advantage to teams who are available to watch their first leg, but maybe not their second; they will still get credit for watching.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

2) It's the second time (in a row) we 're playing against this Chinese group.
    We 're in Gold 1 so I suppose that we 're not so many teams there.
    What I cannot understand is why we have to play vs teams from the same division.
    If the draw, match up 2 teams with (about) same quality, why must be from the same division ?
    At the end it will be boring playing vs the same opponents.
    * at least it can be vs same category division (for example vs teams from Gold 1, 2, 3) if for some reason it isn't fair to play vs Bronze groups.
    Considering there are a lot of lower division teams with the same overall qualities as us, this makes sense. The issue might be in the balancing, which in the end, causes higher ranked associations to win decisively against the lower ones
    Temidayo_ likes this.
    Love The Nationality Games Here!

Hakurei United

Based On : Hakurei United (Touhou Soccer Series)
    Goals : Develop youths
    Dislikes : Disrespect, Cheating, Tankers

Tight on Token boi here and I wanna have some fun

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    The other solution for this is to not carry over attendance between rounds. Currently, if you attend the first leg of a match, you are automatically added to attend the second leg. This gives an advantage to teams who are available to watch their first leg, but maybe not their second; they will still get credit for watching.
    I have 3 teams (and asso groups).
    In one of my groups, we saw that in the other semi-final there is a Chinese group so we removed the home game at 22/20.00 to cover the handicap of (no) attendance in the first leg (if we 're gonna play together in the final of course).
    In my other group, the draw vs the Chinese was for the semi-finals, so we played home at a time that also they were there.
    We lost 14-20 as we have to recover the points from the 1st leg and oppo it's more easy to set the team with defense/counters and wait for you.

Also, the point and the fun part of asso games is to be able to watch the games and communicate with the other members
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-21-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    madflo19 likes this.

ok, this is really annoying
    we 're playing again with the same asso group (ok, they are the other pair)
    last weekend (lost from Kings and Queens
    2 Suggestions for association games-2-27-results.jpg

this one
    2 Suggestions for association games-3-2-pairs.jpg

and another thing
    our asso group has a variety of quality
    When we started, we had 2 teams of 8*, 3-4 teams of 6*, one team of 5*.
    The draw was against groups with teams of same quality.
    A 8* team vs an 8*, a 5* vs a 5*.

Now it's a mix and I don't know anymore with what logic
    How can we play with them ???
    2 Suggestions for association games-3-2-pairs-members.jpg

This guy has a full 10* team.
    Last weekend, he loan 3 10* players in my oppo and i couldn't do anything.
    Disappointed, I left my team to play in auto

2 Suggestions for association games-2-27-4-4-2-b.jpg

Addicted
    Hi Niko

If you play in a FA group with teammates who are 8 and 9 * star average you will be often disappointed ...

Try to play with teammates who have same quality team than yours !

Or tell your big teammate to loan players to you

yea, sure

2 Suggestions for association games-unfair-1.jpg