Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Setting the hour of the finals

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Setting the hour of the finals

I have 5 teams (2 aren't active, they are in lv1) and this season all playing in the Cup final.
    I would like the program of the game, to try and find convenient hours for those games at evening/night and not in the morning/noon.
    It's a working day (or for school, college and so), so the most critical game of the season (the same for CH.L. final) must be at a time we are more able to watch it and enjoy it.
    So far, 70% of my finals are at morning times
    After all, a final comes with pizza and beer, not with coffee and croissant

Setting the hour of the finals-5-cup-finals.jpg

* this thread also posted in Greek forum too
    k1tb, Toxcatl, Jeeves and 1 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    I can understand what you mean Niko, but once the times of the finals are set that's it.
    The system can't guarantee that every manager out there will be happy with his/her fixtures. :/

As an example. My Cup final is tomorrow. At 11:00. I'm pretty darn ok with the hour, or I would be if I wasn't going to be in a damnable meeting room discussing very important things... jeeze. And this isn't even the first time something like this happens. (Maybe life just hates me lol)

But again I get what you mean. But the system tries to find a middle ground for both opponents, to the best of it's abilities.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

But the system ties to find a middle ground for both opponents, to the best of it's abilities.
    it can be better than this
    Let me explain.
    My League is very stable, with games from 10.00 to 20.00 daily.
    (Exception some times if I have a game vs an American manager, at 22.00, but it's once in a season).
    I 'm from Greece and DERELI SPOR, the oppo of NIK is from Turkey (the same hour zone).
    I know DERELI, we were together in 3 leagues and 2-3 CH.L. .
    I believe he has the same league schedule like me.
    So the program could set us an hour at 21.00 or 23.00 , after our league games, instead of morning (10.00-12.00)
    This could be it's first priority and if couldn't find an evening/night time, then find a morning time.

* Ι 've played at least 50 finals with my teams so I have this experience.
    Sometimes I made the trick, setting the hour of my league game at 11.00 -12.00 but still most of the times, set the time of my final at 14.00-15.00 . Still working hour

** for the history, I managed to steal ( ) few minutes and watch my game.
    That was good as Mustafa also watching the game but finally I won that
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 01-31-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Cloverfield likes this.

i have another suggestion why dont we play 2leg final (home n away). That way if your timing away is not a good time you will still have a chance playing home. Who wanna miss a final as a manager you would definately wanna watch.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Nik and HairDryer

I do agree that (and I think most Managers would also agree) if the matches are in the evening, it would be far more comfortable. In the mornings most of us have work/school/lectures, so it is sometimes impossible to attend them our games, no matter how important they are. And, as Hairdryer says, what Manager wouldn't want to be present at his matches, especially when its the final.

I'll be forwarding your ideas to the devs
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Sometimes I made the trick, setting the hour of my league game at 11.00 -12.00 but still most of the times, set the time of my final at 14.00-15.00 . Still working hour
    I used it again to show you what I mean.
    Setting the hour of the finals-3-ch-l-finals-2-2-2017.jpg

3 finals for tomorrow
    - NIK has the League game at 15.22 so the game set the final three hours before that (in the morning)
    - I switched the time of RINOKEROS league game at 11.40 so the game set the time 3 hours after that (at noon)
    - I also switched the time of Man Utd league game at 11.38 so the game set again the time 3 hours after that (at noon)
    That's what I 'm talking about.
    The mechanics of the game, trying to find a morning-noon time for the finals as priority.

* I have made a suggestion about to be able to switch the time of our finals.
    A fair proposition is to give 4 tokens, setting a new hour, for 4 tokens (2 for oppo manager if accept and 2 T for nordeus as taxes like when we change the time of another game at home).
    It's up to us to see and choose the right time and tempt our oppo to accept this.
    For example, the oppo of NIK above, is from Malaysia so if I propose a time at 21.00 it will be 03.00 so he 'll reject this.
    But if I propose 18.00- 18.30 (00.30 for him, maybe he 'll accept).
    The other two managers are from France and Serbia so a proposal playing at 21.00-22.00 would be great for them.
    After all, the meaning it's not one of the managers take the advantage of time and watch the game alone, but in the final, the most important game of the season, after one month of hard working, both the managers can be present.

so sad, so many good games, CH.L. finals of my friends and most of them at morning time
    * sorry for not being there, it's not my fault

Setting the hour of the finals-ch-l-friends-finals.jpg

Just repeating my suggestion (this one was older https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...me-finals.html )

I 'm pissed of, what else.
    3 Cup finals for my teams, the two of them were in working hour for me so could make it to watch and coach the games.
    I won the first with Alexandross (don't know why), but lost the second vs Dettlef in penalties.
    Oppo was there, I couldn't.
    Me and Dettlef are playing in the same league (I won him 5-1 and gonna play the day after tomorrow).
    He is a German (also European) so we could play this final at some evening/night time.
    Setting the hour of the finals-3-cup-finals-dettlef.jpg

I really don't understand why the devs don't work on some suggestions that could improve the managerial part of the game and working at useless cosmetics like the fake stats of the players (from bot teams) in the market

repeat again (as I cannot see any intentions to fix this )
    Morning time finals.
    I switched the time of Nik's league game , from 11.00 to 13.30 and the stupid program set the time at 10.00

Setting the hour of the finals-3-cup-finals.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast