I remember when started -in the multiple accounts I've played- lol that had to take a team, when season was started at level 1 and sometimes was the team placed in 2nd place, when was the day 24 of the season so, well... here there's a season, in one level, the 1 in what my decisions did not affect.

So I will suggest one idea to "maybe solve" these situations in what one take the 6th team at day 25, and the lack of ways to play with friends together in a league...

that is giving the option, to avoid the promotion initially at level 1 and 2 with the idea to, if we repeat the level, have the entire season of the 1st level to be played, and coincide with the friends that played with us in the seasons 1-2 again.

I remember when we did leagues of 14 managers at level one and then we "manipulated the game" to make 2 leagues of 7... I think that the low levels should allow this, to repeat the level -in exchange of loose something that can be "eliminate all the 6*+ players of the team", so will not be a win the league and be like tanking- to give some control to the managers to play again together.