Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Unlink the tokens as FA rewards

Unlink the tokens as FA rewards

As the title say, in a new fascicule of what can be done with the assos'.... yep, tokens are the most appreciated item, I will keep my idea to have the assos as something to obtain extra resources, so, yep, regular season should have tokens as prize and FAs should be the extra source IMO.

Permanence in Platinum? 100 Greens.

I generally agree with you khris but not this time.
    The problem is that associations are not fun at all and Tokens are the only thing that keep me going. I am attached to my association, I was the 2nd person to join it after the captain, I became vice captain. After the captain left another guy became captain after he left I finally got it for myself after more than 1 year of dedication. we managed to go to platinium for the first time without tanking, exploits or anything like that. Everything would mean nothing to be honest if it wouldn't be for the Tokens that kept me going.
    Last edited by KenoticFC; 01-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    khris likes this.

Addicted
    100 tokens or 100 greens it makes no differences for me because i always convert my tokens in green packs lol
    120 greens at least i would be ok
    khris likes this.

Famous
    Once upon a time, many moons ago. The great God Nordeus said, "let there be Top Eleven!" And lo, Top Eleven was born.
    And in this wonderful world of Top Eleven individual managers competed for individual trophies. Season after season, each unto his/her own. Free players, token buyers, tankers, the informed, the ignorant all played the same game, with the same objectives - win as many trophies as possible. Be the best.
    But lo, one day the great God Nordeus, in a pique of boredom said, "let there be associations!" And lo, Top Eleven began its slide to disaster.
    In this corrupt world of associations managers could work together to manipulate player ratings, exploiting loopholes within the game to boost player condition hundreds and thousands of times, compiling squads bursting with legendary 9 star players. Individual managers could create dozens of teams to fill their associations. Total control.
    And now, thanks to the obscene amount of tokens available as rewards within associations there exist managers whose interest in the league, cup and champions league has waned. Their only reason to play is associations. Season after season with the sole intention of avoiding the 20% drop that levelling up means they "TANK". Distorting the beautiful game that was Top Eleven. Season after season - play to lose, getting their kicks by trolling managers genuinely playing for trophies.
    And so, and lo, the demise of Top Eleven continues. And the great God Nordeus does nothing.
    Just reduce the amount of tokens on offer through associations and redistribute the rest to league positions.
    League positions 1st to 8th win tokens and level up.
    This should encourage managers whose only current interest is winning tokens through associations to come out and play in the league.
    Oh.
    AND, tanking for consecutive seasons could also be penalised.
    khris and KenoticFC like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    But lo, one day the great God Nordeus, in a pique of boredom said, "let there be associations!" And lo, Top Eleven began its slide to disaster.
    Here you start to be wrong because nobody force you to play this competition !

Once upon a time, many moons ago. The great God Nordeus said, "let there be Top Eleven!" And lo, Top Eleven was born.
    And in this wonderful world of Top Eleven individual managers competed for individual trophies. Season after season, each unto his/her own. Free players, token buyers, tankers, the informed, the ignorant all played the same game, with the same objectives - win as many trophies as possible. Be the best.
    In this corrupt world of associations managers could work together to manipulate player ratings, exploiting loopholes within the game to boost player condition hundreds and thousands of times, compiling squads bursting with legendary 9 star players. Individual managers could create dozens of teams to fill their associations. Total control.
    And now, thanks to the obscene amount of tokens available as rewards within associations there exist managers whose interest in the league, cup and champions league has waned. Their only reason to play is associations. Season after season with the sole intention of avoiding the 20% drop that levelling up means they "TANK". Distorting the beautiful game that was Top Eleven. Season after season - play to lose, getting their kicks by trolling managers genuinely playing for trophies.
    And so, and lo, the demise of Top Eleven continues. And the great God Nordeus does nothing.
    Just reduce the amount of tokens on offer through associations and redistribute the rest to league positions.
    This should encourage managers whose only current interest is winning tokens through associations to come out and play in the league.
    Oh.
    I think the problem is more serious than just tankers in general, There is without a doubt in my opinion a black market for tokens (especially non english speaking places, this makes it very hard for them to be identified and banned) and these guys aren't interested in any aspect of the game cup, league or CL just a quick way to farm free Tokens. I have a game ''friend'' who was 4 levels above me and now he is 3 levels below me. He doesn't compete anywhere and wins the occasional league once every 3 seasons (nothing special or exciting.) He changes associations all the time and I have no idea why?
    In case of players like me, those Tokens are vital to continue playing normally, otherwise the balance I have created will be destroyed.

I will go as far as to say that associations are not fun in general even if tankers and exploiters would not exist, the results feel random and forced, nothing interesting happens. I just collect those Tokens at the end of the month and I shut-up, I know my association will never be nr 1 so I focus more in the real game play.
    Altiplano and Sagar1738 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Franz View Post
    Yes and No. Associations are the only source of Tokens outside the daily gifts or the occasional competitions, if you want to have a competitive team you can't stay behind your rivals and miss a chance to have 50 or 100 Tokens in the end of the season. That makes a big difference.
    Altiplano and Sagar1738 like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Franz View Post
    It doesn't matter wether I play associations or not. The monster teams still exist to trip me up in the league, cup and champions league. And the teams abandoned by managers who were using the loan exploit are still floating around within the leagues.
    What changed with the arrival of the associations competition was the reason to play. Now there is a good and golden reason to deliberatley not level up season after season. Why would anyone have done that before associations? To gain resources to create a monster team that would last for 5 or 6 seasons? Ok, but then they'd have to repeat the cycle of tanking for the following 5 or 6 seasons.
    I can understand the boredom being suffered by managers at the top of their servers leading them to find a reason to play within associations, but really, repetitive tankers affecting the outcome of tournaments through proving they have the better team, or simply to piss someone off.....is that fair play? Is that the spirit of Top Eleven? Is that what we want?

Oh.
    "in a pique of boredom "

xD

It doesn't matter wether I play associations or not. The monster teams still exist to trip me up in the league, cup and champions league. And the teams abandoned by managers who were using the loan exploit are still floating around within the leagues.
    What changed with the arrival of the associations competition was the reason to play. Now there is a good and golden reason to deliberatley not level up season after season. Why would anyone have done that before associations? To gain resources to create a monster team that would last for 5 or 6 seasons? Ok, but then they'd have to repeat the cycle of tanking for the following 5 or 6 seasons.
    I can understand the boredom being suffered by managers at the top of their servers leading them to find a reason to play within associations, but really, repetitive tankers affecting the outcome of tournaments through proving they have the better team, or simply to piss someone off.....is that fair play? Is that the spirit of Top Eleven? Is that what we want?
    Another point can be, "why don't merge the tankers"?

So, the system could recognize double season tankers and put them all together, so is like keep some freedom to tank but creating a line between "real competitive teams", those who play for promotion and those who force the tanking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast