Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Stop punishing people for doing well in the game

Stop punishing people for doing well in the game

One of the things I would really like to see being changed in Top Eleven is the current system whereby strong players are punished and weaker ones are rewarded, in the name of 'keeping things interesting'. Allow me to elaborate:

My team is usually around 102-105% at the start of every season. This is my seventh season since coming back to Top Eleven and I have managed to win trophies in each of the six previous seasons, including two back-to-back trebles. It might sound like I am having an easy time, but I most surely am not. My opponents in the league are often quite strong (sometimes over 120%) and I invariably have to play both the Cup and the Champions League against higher level teams. Every day I am watching videos to earn rests, getting all my training bonuses up to 10% and making sure my players are at 99% condition for every match.

Then I have a RL friend who started playing the game at the same time as me. His team is around 82-84% at the start of each season. He seldom wins any titles. Again, it might sound that he's having things rough, but he's really not. His team is often the strongest one in his league and he often plays against lower level teams in the Cup and Champions League. However, he says he can't be bothered watching videos to earn rests or playing other games to earn tokens. He also has some very peculiar notions about preparing his team (often sending his players to the pitch at around 60% condition). And then he lost the title last season because he said he was tired of selling the young players he gets from his academy and so he decided he would put them on his starting eleven and give them a chance. He played a few matches with a 29% goalkeeper before he went back to his stronger players, and by that time he had already lost too many matches.

In short, what Top Eleven is doing is punish me for doing well by setting me on as hard a path to victory as possible. Meanwhile, my friend is getting rewarded by almost being handed his titles on a silver plate. And this is a recurring situation. It happens every single season. It has got to a point where I often think I would probably have an easier time winning titles if I were to sell off my best players, since that way Top Eleven would probably put me against weaker teams in the league and same level teams in the other competitions.

As such, can't the game put everyone on a level playing field? Stop making leagues with only strong teams and leagues with only weak teams. Make it a random draw every season. And stop putting different level teams against each other in the Cup and Champions League. There is nothing more frustrating in Top Eleven than working hard to build your team and then be knocked out from a competition by a team that is actually weaker than yours but that becomes stronger on account of that extra level.
    khris, Altiplano and madflo19 like this.

Approved post** sorry for the issue

New season, same crap. My team is 106% and it's the weakest one in my CL group... because all other teams are one level higher than me. Can anyone from Nordeus please PLEASE tell me if you guys have any plans at all of changing this system in the future and make it that you are never forced to play higher level teams?

Famous
    Manipulate the draw.
    But I fear that too, will become boring in the near future.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Manipulate the draw.
    But I fear that too, will become boring in the near future.
    you can control it just the way you like it.
    To avoid the +1 and have some interesting games in Cup and CH.L.
    madflo19 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    you can control it just the way you like it.
    To avoid the +1 and have some interesting games in Cup and CH.L.
    Manipulating worked for me for the 1st time last season. Remains to be seen if it will work again this time around. But personally I'm wondering if in 3 or 4 seasons I'll miss the challenge of not, well, having a challenge.
    madflo19 and nikolgiorgos like this.

Manipulating worked for me for the 1st time last season. Remains to be seen if it will work again this time around. But personally I'm wondering if in 3 or 4 seasons I'll miss the challenge of not, well, having a challenge.
    Whenever you feel that is getting boring,don't drop quality for the next season,it works

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    Whenever you feel that is getting boring,don't drop quality for the next season,it works ������
    That was the season before last when you forgot. No?
    And still did the treble!!!!
    madflo19 likes this.

That was the season before last when you forgot. No?
    And still did the treble!!!!
    Exactly! For next season i want to sell only the gk at the end of the season,to make things more interesting)
    Altiplano likes this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    If a manager knows how the game works, he can "control" the challenge of the game.
    I can say I have the control at 90% the last ten seasons.
    As madflo said, you can go for a challenging season, an easy but boring season (as @ pat0812 made here https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...mpetition.html ) or something between.
    It depends from the recipe - lol
    6+8, 7+7, 8+6, 9+5 which I usually prefer.
    Altiplano, HairDryer and madflo19 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast