Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Old players should grow more now that individual training took a hit.

Old players should grow more now that individual training took a hit.

I have always had a problem with the fact that in this game 25 is an old age. The life of a player is 18-23 and then the doom. Those like me who follow the italian league know how ridiculous this sounds. I know the business aspect but I don't think nordeus will lose anything letting older players grow a little more for the sake of realism. I have a 24 yo player who I like in particular, but I'm already thinking about selling. I can replace him in no time next season, but that is not the problem. Please consider this.

Addicted
    Kenotic my friend you won my support in your first sentence.
    i say the same thing almost in my every post.its ridiculous.
    KenoticFC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    I have always had a problem with the fact that in this game 25 is an old age. The life of a player is 18-23 and then the doom. Those like me who follow the italian league know how ridiculous this sounds. I know the business aspect but I don't think nordeus will lose anything letting older players grow a little more for the sake of realism. I have a 24 yo player who I like in particular, but I'm already thinking about selling. I can replace him in no time next season, but that is not the problem. Please consider this.
    Fully agree. Just as you can get players in their 30s who improve with age like a fine wine there should be no reason why an 18 year old should train any better.

They need to look at things.

I suspect they have other things to do (how to milk us for more money. Ha ha) given the bugs there are in the game. Just getting worse and worse.
    Altiplano, Sattack and KenoticFC like this.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks for the suggestion, guys

I agree, in real life there are plenty of good football players that are older than 25, so such an addition might be nice and , as @KenoticFC pointed out, it could add some realism

I have forwarded this!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldara View Post

I agree, in real life there are plenty of good football players that are older than 25, so such an addition might be nice and , as @KenoticFC pointed out, it could add some realism

I have forwarded this!
    voldara how possible is to see a change in this area from your experience as a topeleven player?from 0% to 100%?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldara View Post

I have forwarded this!
    Maybe we designate a special golden oldie to 1 player in our squad at any given time. Would add longevity to a special player we are attached to

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Seeker85 likes this.

Apprentice
    I suspect the problems with this in the past, were to do with the promotion and progression of squads in the reality of the game. It would be good to have a player earn some kind of ability to avoid losing a star, when you are promoted. Once the player is over 25, (atm the are a waste of greens to try and keep as first teamer at this point) they could work towards some kind of ability to keep their skill level when promoted rather than lose a star. This would compensate for their slow growth rate at that age.

It could be earned say, on getting a minimum avg rating, appearances, or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rogerniceguy likes this.

Addicted
    for every 5-6 seasons i get attached to 1 ro 2 players that i wish to keep longer but i have to sell with heavy heart...

Famous
    Being able to assign a special legend ability to such a player (one only at any given time) would be great. New training system likely to kill off many of these players much sooner. Users need attachment to a legend. Gives the game more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Doors FC View Post
    for every 5-6 seasons i get attached to 1 ro 2 players that i wish to keep longer but i have to sell with heavy heart...
    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here is a novel thought for Nordeus. If we as managers could afford to keep players after the age of 23/ 24 right up to the early 30's then we as managers will get attached to such favorite players and maybe more managers will stay in the game for longer. Its very hard to get attached and grow a fondness for a player you know you will sell in a couple of seasons but a 10 season player however creates that attachment and fondness that makes a game like this worthwhile. Sadly this game lacks that emotion and is the worse for it.
    rogerniceguy and Doors FC like this.
    Some of you look back and remember how it was while some of us look forward to see what it could become

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast