Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By rogerniceguy
  • 1 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By texhorn60
  • 1 Post By rogerniceguy

Thread: The age old tanking problem

Famous

The age old tanking problem

So trying to think outside the box here. Firstly in real life I'm thinking why do teams set out to win;

It's rewarding - promotion brings financial rewards, kudos and happiness.

The fans wouldn't accept their team deliberately losing.

The fa wouldn't be happy if teams lost on purpose.

TV companies would not renew contracts if teams lost on purpose as viewer numbers would fall. The sport would be in disarray.

Linking this to TE the biggest standout for me is rewards. Currently promotion is a punishment. How do we change this? You give the top 8 the best resources in the game. Tokens and greens.

The additional problem at play here. Associations. It is too rewarding. We have the showboat advertising board of all the exploits in the top 100. Remove top 100. It's always been embarrassing to look at. Reduce asso token rewards substantially to help the league. The league is where the levelling up issue is. Make this the most rewarding competition. Increase rewards for consecutive promotions.

Maybe even give levelling up teams bonus asso points.

These are just random thoughts feel free to extend on them and improve them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    So trying to think outside the box here. Firstly in real life I'm thinking why do teams set out to win;

It's rewarding - promotion brings financial rewards, kudos and happiness.

The fans wouldn't accept their team deliberately losing.

The fa wouldn't be happy if teams lost on purpose.

TV companies would not renew contracts if teams lost on purpose as viewer numbers would fall. The sport would be in disarray.

Linking this to TE the biggest standout for me is rewards. Currently promotion is a punishment. How do we change this? You give the top 8 the best resources in the game. Tokens and greens.

The additional problem at play here. Associations. It is too rewarding. We have the showboat advertising board of all the exploits in the top 100. Remove top 100. It's always been embarrassing to look at. Reduce asso token rewards substantially to help the league. The league is where the levelling up issue is. Make this the most rewarding competition. Increase rewards for consecutive promotions.

Maybe even give levelling up teams bonus asso points.

These are just random thoughts feel free to extend on them and improve them.

I’m feeling this too , to the point I’m thinking of just giving up for a few weeks , getting relegated and so on , I’ve spent so much in tokens over the years and monthly pass but never win anything. Had enough but addicted , but enough is enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decreasing buildings and training levels for non promoted teams, has been my personal option.

And mix Tankers with higher level teams in cup, too should be considered + face tankers vs tankers... this need some regulation with sense, without be a "srict" and straight punishment and less if affects others...
    Let's remind that the league manipulators have a deepest impact than tankers in mostly of cases...

And yes, assos should reward only if theres promotion by the teams...

Famous
    Great idea's mate....

But do not remove the Top100 of the association game.

But reduce the token prices there, and give that to the League top 8.......

Also reward greens for the League prices and again for the top 8....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblybassdub View Post
    I’m feeling this too , to the point I’m thinking of just giving up for a few weeks , getting relegated and so on , I’ve spent so much in tokens over the years and monthly pass but never win anything. Had enough but addicted , but enough is enough

Just found myself in a league with three tankers who are loaded, not sure I want to spend the tokens to compete or the time training, was thinking of quitting over the mundane training anyway
    wobblybassdub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by texhorn60 View Post
    Just found myself in a league with three tankers who are loaded, not sure I want to spend the tokens to compete or the time training, was thinking of quitting over the mundane training anyway
    It’s the end of an era maybe , six years now of playing , everyday training , every season buying tokens , last three seasons I’m up against teams with 15% plus , knocked out of Cup 1st round , seasons over before it’s started again

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The age old tanking problem
    It's not so old for some of us (I mean the older players).
    The main problem started few months after the asso games.
    That's the root of all evil.
    As I 'm a member from 2014 and I 've read almost all the threads of the forum, before asso, tanking didn't cause any problem to other managers.

Decreasing buildings and training levels for non promoted teams, has been my personal option.
    Khris, you must think more simple.
    The system is too sensitive on changes like those
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    It's not so old for some of us (I mean the older players).
    The main problem started few months after the asso games.
    That's the root of all evil.
    As I 'm a member from 2014 and I 've read almost all the threads of the forum, before asso, tanking didn't cause any problem to other managers.

Khris, you must think more simple.
    The system is too sensitive on changes like those
    You know Niko we won't agree on everything and it would be a boring world if we did. But there is some common ground. I hope you will see from the posts I have added in suggestions recently I am well intentioned. And in other posts on the dreaded subject where ppl have named me I have tried to make light hearted jokes

nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @rog
    I have already made my suggestions before long time
    it's here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ories-too.html

in the bottom of the first post.
    They are simple (for implement I mean, as rules also) and cover all the cases - I think

don't know what else to say
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    @rog
    I have already made my suggestions before long time
    it's here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ories-too.html

in the bottom of the first post.
    They are simple (for implement I mean, as rules also) and cover all the cases - I think

don't know what else to say
    Yeah I know it's been done to death I agree. As nothing has changed what happens periodically is we get a post from someone showing a 50% better team in their cup or cl. I too would like to see efforts made which don't remove it 100% first but I see very little implementation of anything which helps. Just frustrating that's all.