Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bring back DML/DMR positions or something similar? (My opinion)

Bring back DML/DMR positions or something similar? (My opinion)

Hello folks,

I know many of you may disagree with this, but they should bring these positions back in my opinion.

Bring back DML/DMR positions or something similar? (My opinion)-positions.png

Based on this image, as you can see, there is a difference between a LB (DL) and a LWB (DML), or the right side ones.

Why change them in the first place? It felt more correct back then.

In real football you can use these positions. I am not saying that it is bad now as it is, I just preferred having DML/DMR.

Also, why should we be able to have only the central defensive midfielder (DMC)? I actually never understood that. For the 4-5-1V or something? Well, I am a fan of the good old 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly.

Just my two cents and my opinion here. I know it has been like this for quite some time now and why should I say that after 2(? or more?) years? Well, better now than never.
    Last edited by Aris Vardakas; 04-24-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Hello friend, visit the Greek side of the forum if you want as well
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Vardakas View Post
    Hello folks,

I know many of you may disagree with this, but they should bring these positions back in my opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	positions.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	133094

Based on this image, as you can see, there is a difference between a LB (DL) and a LWB (DML), or the right side ones.

In real football you can use these positions. I am not saying that it is bad now as it is, I just prefered having DML/DMR.

Also, why should we be able to have only the central defensive midfielder (DMC)? I actually never understood that. For the 4-5-1V or something? Well, I am a fan of the good old 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly.

Just my two cents and my opinion here. I know it has been like this for quite some time now and why should I say that after 2(? or more?) years? Well, better now than never.
    I also support it bro to make the game look, these positions has to be brought back. Although some still bring their left and right back forward to make it look like dml and dmr and its working for them. I have an opponent in all my competitions. That what he used through out this season and it worked for him. Although, he's second to me though. I've won him 3 times this season

Sent from my TECNO L9 Plus using Tapatalk

Hey milpol

I know about it mate, was around there some years back but truth is I do not view or post much anymore.
    I had also quitted the game for some time due to work and my schedule but I now play when I can.

Lastly, it is a feature for everyone so I thought it was a good idea to post it here
    Last edited by Aris Vardakas; 04-24-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricalray View Post
    I also support it bro to make the game look, these positions has to be brought back. Although some still bring their left and right back forward to make it look like dml and dmr and its working for them. I have an opponent in all my competitions. That what he used through out this season and it worked for him. Although, he's second to me though. I've won him 3 times this season

Sent from my TECNO L9 Plus using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know mate, I do the same and it actually works but I prefer the old way, the arrows are not the same as the actual position

Hey milpol

I know about it mate, was around there some years back but truth is I do not view or post much anymore.
    I had also quitted the game for some time due to work and my schedule but I now play when I can.

Lastly, it is a feature for everyone so I thought it was a good idea to post it here
    You are welcome if you want . There will be cool things soon : )
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

Max
    Hello folks,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	positions.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	133094

In real football you can use these positions. I am not saying that it is bad now as it is, I just preferred having DML/DMR.

I don’t think this is too bad of an idea, I don’t see why they shouldn’t bring it back.

DML and DMR are already there , just move foward the DL and DR ( same line of dmc )
    Ποσιδονας and T.R.K like this.

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    DML and DMR are already there , just move foward the DL and DR ( same line of dmc )
    Oh I see, forgot about that, “hidden position” really.

Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    Hello mate,

Allow me to disagree on that, it is not the same really, by the same logic why not remove the DMC from the game also as well and move DC forward to "act" like DMC?

It just makes no sense at all.

And please do not get me wrong, I would not want DMC to get removed from the game, all I am saying is that they should add more positions in general rather than removing and make others "act" like the removed ones did.

And here I am not talking about adding some random fantasy positions, I am talking about positions that exist in the real world.

Another example would be the sweeper, people tend to say that you can move a bit down a DC with defending arrow and voila, he acts like a sweeper. Meh, I play formations with 3 DCs for like 5 years now, that theory is garbage.

To continue, another example is the attacking midfielders. Why do we have 3 (AML/AMC/AMR)? In my opinion, they should, of course remain in the game, but what happens when you move an AML or AMR in the ST's position? It changes the formation to a 3-attacking one. Again, wrong. Just add 2 more positions for wingers with the red icon, just like the ST's to indicate that you have 3 attackers in your team (this is how real football is by the way and the image I use in OP is from the wikipedia).

Lastly, allow me to present you with an example of the change that happened when they removed DML/DMR positions.
    Let us say, I used a 3-2-3-2 (DC-DC-DC-DML-DMR-MC-MC-MC-ST-ST) formation, back in the days. This formation was considered as a 3-5-2 formation, which means higher ball possession (5 midfielders right?). When they "merged" the positions, it is now considered as 5-3-2, which means a defensive one. Why?

I can continue with many more, as I said this is just an example.

If it were for me, I would personally add the below positions in the game:
    1. Sweeper
    2. DML/DMR
    3. LST (or some other name for left winger attacker in the same line as the ST)
    4. RST (or some other name for right winger attacker in the same line as the ST)

Again, there is a difference between AML and LST or AMR and RST, hence the reason I added them.
    1, 3 and 4 were never introduced in the game, this is just my point of view and in football world in general. Managers should be able to use all the positions available and not make them "act" like they should.

I hope I did not tire you, again, it is just my opinion and point of view.
    Last edited by Aris Vardakas; 04-25-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast