Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BARKING BAD [English Team]

I think 70k was a good deal, especially since it only cost you 1 token! I hope Gotti will work out for you

btw, why sack Moncur? Couldnt you have sold him?

When I looked at the TL early this morning (6:30am or so) Goti had 25 mins left on the auction and no bids, my squad was full and so I took the risk. I think next season I'll be clearing out all the 14 quality players that are over 22y/o anyway and Moncur was ~27y/o.

I will update the first post later but the match went ahead. As Goti's Morale was 0 I played my 18y/o [DML][ML] in the [MC] role, he's quality 17 and is one of the players I'm converting to [MC] in training anyway.

We won 4-0 as expected and so did FC Beaujolais keeping the pressure on me. 4pts clear with 3games left.

Well, it's a pretty tense run in.
    Today's game was a game against 'Galatasaray 2013', a team that recently has experienced excellent form and surged from 5th to 3rd, making up 5pts difference on the way to equalling the points tally of my closest rival 'FC Beaujolais'.

So 'Galatasaray 2013' were not to be under estimated and with 'FC Beaujolais' playing a bot team ('FC Lowly') I couldn't afford the loss. I decided to keep McLoughlin playing out of position as [MC] and brought in 17 quality Goti in place of 14 quality Permana for his first start despite his morale being 50%.

I also changed my team instructions to Hard Tackling and no Offside Trap. An early goal from my [ST] E. Diaz left me hopeful and I seemed to edge out the possession stats but they hit back and the game ended 1-1.

With 'FC Beaujolais' beating 'FC Lowly' 3-1 my points lead is reduced to 2pts and it's now 2pts from 'FC Beaujolais' to 'Galatasary 2013'.

2 games left of the season I think this may go down to the wire, good news is that I play 'FC Lowly' tomorrow, bad news is that Goti picked up an injury in his first game and will miss 5 days.
    Coqu is 2 days from being healed... if one of those is today then he could be back for the last game?

Todays game is against a Bot team who's average quality is 2 below mine. They play 4-5-1 so I had wanted to try playing 3-1-4-2 however I don't have a left sided midfielder so instead I have put my settings back to Normal tackling and playing off-side and added forward arrows to my Full-backs and a backwards arrow to my [DMC].

Wish me luck.

*EDIT*
    Looking into 'FC Beaujolais' fixture today it looks like he is playing his friend ('FC Remi69'). A team I didn't recognise and that the manager only began managing on July 23rd, he is also from Lyon, France and his supporters club name is "Beaujol'Gones 69".

They sit in 8th and can't finish higher than 6th so I have a feeling 'FC Beaujolais' may win his game easily.

We'll see tho...
    Last edited by fictionchris; 06-28-2013 at 07:49 AM.

It was an action packed first half that saw me going into the break at half time 3-1 up with 2 goals from [ST] E.Diaz and one from [ST] D. Morris. The second half was a bit more cagey as I removed some of the arrows I'd instructed, however on 73 minutes my [DMC] J. Sears struck home to kill off the game, 4-1.

MoM[DC] J. Thomas

'FC Beaujolais' defeated 'FC Remi69' also 4-1 leaving him still 2pts behind me with one game to go. Both our teams seem very matched so it seems only fitting that my last game of the season should be against him.

That's right, tomorrow we play for the league and the ball's in my court as a Draw would do. For him only a win is good enough.

What should my plan of action be? Play my normal formation and instructions or try and counter his 4-3(N)-3(N) formation?
    Hopefully S.Coqu will have recovered in time.

Well folks, I decided not to park the bus and just play my regular tactic but was out matched early on. As I started to come back into the game though my star [MC] S Coqu got injured again. The game ended 1-3 and my rival 'FC Beaujolais' took 1st place by a pt.

BARKING BAD [English Team]-ouch.jpg

Lots of movement on my team with players going in and out. Won my first two cup games and won my first league game however took two big injuries in my second cup game. I now have my 3 starting [MC] players out injured.

I'm on a bit of a stormer right now with consecutive wins (8) so far, alive in cup and Champions league.

Good to hear all goes well mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12