Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Like Tree790Likes

Thread: BvB (USA team)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Only one personnel change to start my 14th Season, I sold Matt Hannasyde, a player I had some time who was a solid performer though rarely a stand out. The sort you want to have in defense, really.

BvB (USA team)-14-att-f5na3.jpg

Since my success with El Mrhanni I feel more confident buying from a non fictional team, so I found a replacement that is 19 years old, probably a gen from last Season, that had numbers that hadn't been skewed too far off yet.
    He's a middling fast trainer (not as fast as my lightning Zorc) but decent and I will have him trained to my satisfaction in no time. I named him after one of the best players from my hometown.

BvB (USA team)-14-trost.jpg

But I am in a truly competitive League after my plan of befriending any manager that showed up for matches against me finally came to fruition!
    And better still, my favorite rival from League 1, Storm FC, finally got drawn with me again!

BvB (USA team)-14-lq-start.jpg

I look forward to this Season, it should be really a blast, and not a walkover like last.
    The average Quality of the teams varies by little, everyone between 75 and 85.

Here's what my team looks like after handful of carried over points got assigned and a bit of training (Zorc and Trost):

BvB (USA team)-14-sq-start.jpg Not retiring yet: BvB (USA team)-14-bobo-start.jpg What they're worth: BvB (USA team)-14-sq-%24%24.jpg BvB (USA team)-14-zorc-goofy.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-07-2014 at 07:00 AM. Reason: 4K Posts! What?!?!?
    Jimmy Carter likes this.

When I was getting Zorc's training finished to where his numbers were skewed like my ST's, BvB (USA team)-wunderkind.jpg
    I did a little training (read: used all my T for greens) on the guys that were near their next Q star.

I am so pleased, one of my veteran (and most reliable!)
    defensemen has got his fourth star back,
    this is awesome cos I want to keep him. BvB (USA team)-14-kwocz-iv.png BvB (USA team)-14-kwocz-day-7.jpg

Pee Wee Wallace and Joey Dunlop also improved easily: BvB (USA team)-14-pwee-vi.png BvB (USA team)-14-joey-v.png

How they look now: BvB (USA team)-14-sq-day-7.jpg BvB (USA team)-14-day-7-snap.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-10-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Happy Anniversary To BvB!!!
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Thanks, July!

Player of note at this auspicious date: Of course, Kofi Bobo! BvB (USA team)-14-bobo-day-7.jpg

He is the longest serving member of my Team, being the awesome player that was generated with my initial team, and will stay with the club until he retires.

This Season as mentioned earlier, Matt Hannasyde was sold.

He, along with Peter Wimsey
    (later renamed Mike Hailwood, sold to one of my lower level teams) BvB (USA team)-14-bike-f-f-b.jpg

Robin Poirot BvB (USA team)-poirot.jpg
    (not even the most imaginative could imagine Hercule as a footy player so it's his more sportive cousin. ) and

J. G. Reeder BvB (USA team)-reeder.jpg are the oldest.

They were the first group of players I renamed, I chose detectives' names (props to those who like Elvis Costello and get the joke). Jack Regan was named with the same theme much later.

Most of the player's name I have chosen since have been motorcyclists of note; and then various sportsmen, some even footy players, all retired and many played in St. Louis or hail from there. I think the next player I rename might be Yogi Berra. Every team needs a philosopher and quotesmith.

Eddie Lawson American motorcyclist
    Miguel Duhamel Canadian motorcyclist
    Joey Dunlop Irish motorcyclist
    Keith Tkachuk American NHLer
    Lou Brock American baseball player
    Ty Keough oh look a soccer player
    Frank Wallace and another
    Stan Musial American baseball player
    Michael Zorc
    Al Trost and another soccer player
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-20-2014 at 01:13 AM. Reason: speeling

My favorite player has played A LOT of games!

Happy 400th Bobo!

BvB (USA team)-14-bobo-400.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-13-2014 at 01:24 AM.
    July Fourth and Buffs Mad like this.

In effort to be more competitive in my League of Death and also 'cos I want to keep most of my Squad,
    I did training on players that were near their next star:

BvB (USA team)-14-stan-vi.png BvB (USA team)-14-ty-vi.png BvB (USA team)-14-eddie-v.png BvB (USA team)-14-trost-vi.png BvB (USA team)-14-fowl.png BvB (USA team)-14-el-m-v.png BvB (USA team)-14-zak-vi.png

Current Squad Q & stats: BvB (USA team)-14-sq-train-final.jpg

BvB (USA team)-zorc.jpg

The Zorc experiment is really working, though he has "off" matches I like having an attacking DMC.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-14-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    Buffs Mad and Jimmy Carter like this.

My ginormous stadium finished building, and it will be quite some time before I can afford to start building again: BvB (USA team)-14-stadia.jpg

Tomorrow I get youths, though I doubt I will keep them. Maybe I'll get a role I need..
    Jimmy Carter and Buffs Mad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    My ginormous stadium finished building, and it will be quite some time before I can afford to start building again: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 Stadia.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	23530

Tomorrow I get youths, though I doubt I will keep them. Maybe I'll get a role I need..
    same with you tomorrow i get youth too

~ click image to see my ordinary club ~
    Use Your Money In Real Life

The Power Of 5-3-2

My anniversary Season was awesome.
    My League had only a few inactives, with battles all the was down to the last promotion spot.
    Most of the Season, I was fighting for a Champs League spot!
    I had a couple draws early on that really didn't help, but a draw is always better than a loss,
    and late in the Season my rivals had some of those.

BvB (USA team)-14-final-tabel.jpg BvB (USA team)-14-cup-grid.jpg BvB (USA team)-14-cup-final-loss.jpg BvB (USA team)-14-cl-grid.jpg

Since I was busy in RL at Season end, I don't have the stats pictures I normally like to have.
    The Man of the Season, with by far the most MOtM's and contributions to the scorelines was....

(any guesses?)

Bobo!

(an aside: today on an alt I saw a cousin of Bobo (another AM) and he was pretty good too! I wish I took a pic)

The other player who had an amazing Season is my experiement, Michael Zorc.
    I finished adding points to where they are the same difference as a ST, and he has been ON FIRE.
    I don't know that I want all my DM's to score, but he had the balance for it when I got him and I am glad I went with it.

Defensive player of the Season was J. G. Reeder (with a close second from Kwoczala).
    My old guys in the back have been doing great, and even though
    they won't get their stars up again I will keep them so long as they do so well.

Trophies updated. BvB (USA team)-tr-ssn-14-lg-1.jpg BvB (USA team)-tr-ssn-14-cup-2nd.jpg

Staying til the Final in the Cup is my best finish there in I can't even remember how long!
    Very good for my team!
    It also enabled me to save up for upgrading my stadium, though unless I stay in CL this next Season I may wait on upgrading:

BvB (USA team)-stadia.jpg

_____________________________________End of Season 14_____________________________________
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-02-2014 at 02:09 AM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Personnel changes!

Late last Season I got a wonderful youth that I have been training a second role and Q on,
    though today's crop was disappointing.

I sold El Mrhanni to make room for the new kid:Taylor Twellman BvB (USA team)-taylor.jpg

In replacement of Robin Poirot (who has a happy home until retirement at one of my alts) BvB (USA team)-14-poirot-final.jpg

I picked up this guy:Pat McBride BvB (USA team)-pat-mcb.jpg

I still have too much in the way of left wingers, but I put up Eddie Lawson for sale and was happy when no one bought him. Unless I see a fabulous nord gen I think i will hang onto him yet.

So here's how they start this Season: BvB (USA team)-15-start.jpg BvB (USA team)-14-kit.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-02-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Emiron Josepha and khris like this.

Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast