Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Ronny FC (An average german Team)

Wow Ronny FC... This has been a loooong time and there is really a lot of nostalgia in this thread.

I don't know if anybody even reads this, but you know, it just came to my mind that I once made a team showcase.
    I didn't know it was 2013, hell this is almost 5 years ago. Almost 5 years in which topeleven was a big part of my life and that nice distraction, that you just need to calm down from a busy day at school or now at work.

This is awesome and I just want to do an update. Topeleven changed a lot since then. I can't even name all the changes. The biggest ones I remember were the introduction of the new design in 2015 I believe, the new associations and also of course the new transfer market last year, which made the game a lot better in my mind.

I think towards the end of 2016 I lost interest in this game completely and didn't play for about half a year. I started again with the new transfer market (with no team, no money and barely any tokens in level 36 or something, which resulted in spending a little bit of money for a good restart), because a friend wanted me to play again, and I'm glad I did.

I'm not overly passionated about this game anymore like I was back then, when this showcase was born... But I spend a lot of my freetime in topeleven - Supporting friends, training my team, watching matches, buying and selling players and so on, there is just always something going on, which is still really cool.

So let's quit talking and start the team update. (Team is now called Platinum Stars btw)

*** Platinum Stars - Level 48 update ***

So lets start where everyone would start at this point - the (quite disappointing) club history:

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-alltime.jpg

So in almost 5 years we won 14 trophies. Many of them in the early club years. This is not very good, compared to other managers. But we are an average team, as the title of this thread says. Average teams perform average. And we did.

Best goalscorer and most appearances - Gerry Dreipfund. From our youth squad, this guy is a club legend. I think he played in early 2015, don't remember. Anyway, I think he will soon be overtaken by some of our current players.

Which leads us to our current squad:

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-squad.jpg
    Ronny FC (An average german Team)-subs.jpg

Since 4 or 5 seasons, I only buy 18 or 19 year old players and power train them. I did not do this before, so I have still a lot of green packs. As it's not really smart to overtrain one generation (you also get harder opponents when you have a really strong team), I will try using these packs slowly but steady to bring my team over the top of the teams I'm facing, which currently is 6-7 stars.

Currently I'm 1st in the league, tied in points with the 2nd. I lost in the cup secound round, did not participate in CL or Superleague because of a failed tanking attempt in the last season. lol

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-league.jpg
    Ronny FC (An average german Team)-season.jpg

I'm also participating in platinum league in association, but we will most likely get relegated this season back to Gold...

So, I hope I didn't forget anything important and you enjoyed the little update. I know I will, when I find this thread in some years, that's why I wanted to do this. Or maybe I will start posting more often again, don't know.
    Bliketa likes this.

We're level 60 now... A legend retires and we aim for top of the server

Wow another year is gone...

So I just wanted to write another chapter here. 2 seasons ago I found the top of my server, which is currently level 66 at the time I'm writing this. I'm level 60. So my big goal is to catch up there. As the guys stay the same level every 3 seasons, it should take me 18 more months to get there, if I get promoted every season, which is the main target of course.
    Hopefully with the server mixing going on tomorrow, when the new season begins, we don't end up on another server with like 75+ levels. This would hurt my motivation I think... Don't know if only server end guys get rotated or many other players as well. We'll see.

So the reason I'm writing this post, is to force myself yet again to write here more often, on my journey to server end. Oh and a legend of my club got sold today.

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-asenov1.jpg
    Ronny FC (An average german Team)-asenov2.jpg

You can also see him in the post above, from one year ago. He was 18 years old back then. Which means he was with the club 13 seasons, 12 of those we were getting promoted. Incredible, and only possible by playing a few friendlys the past summer.

He still has some great mutant skills, but you know I just don't feel these kind of players anymore. They get outperformed by better overall % players with worse skills. So I trained his replacement last season when he dropped to 5 stars and didn't have a lot of potential anymore being 30 years old...

And yeah, he is also the club record holder for most career goals. Goodbye, Georgi!

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-asenov3.png
    Z.Ep., Hunter, khris and 1 others like this.

Rookie
    That was quite emotional. ( No pun intended). I felt that "goodbye georgi".

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Two new team showcases being written here, from Max and Silly, so I decided I give this one a bump as well.

We are level 67 right now and still 5 levels behind top of the server, currently at 72. As top of the server will stay there coming next season, we will be separated by just 4 levels and slowly but steadily work our way up.
    The fact that I decided to take a break from the game during summer didn't really help a lot, as we missed promotion once due to inactivity, which threw us back a whole 3 months and if it wasn't for that, we could have been closing the gap to 3.

This way or another, we are back on track and also leave a very succesful Level 67 campaign behind us. With our 22nd league title, already secured one game before the season ends and a cup final as well as a CL final, both being lost to superior sides, this was the best season in a long time for newly named Piemonte Calcio team.

We also say goodbye to 2 deserved players of the team, GK Adhemar Quiroga and ST Leandro Pfeife, both with many appearances for our club.

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-screenshot_2019-11-09-play-top-eleven-football-manager.jpg
    Ronny FC (An average german Team)-screenshot_2019-11-09-play-top-eleven-football-manager-1-.jpg

Replacements already being bought and slowly developed during the season, ready for a big push coming tomorrow.

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-screenshot_2019-11-09-play-top-eleven-football-manager-2-.png

Expectations for the next few seasons are not too high. Catching up one level to server end means strong opposition in cup and CL as well as maybe some sides in the league, who didn't earn promotion this season. The goal is clear - earn promotion every season and catch the big guns. And doing well in assos.
    Sillybq likes this.

From what I read, it's going to be tough during the climb. MNK mentioned that when top doesn't have enough teams for CL and Cup. Lowers levels making the climb has to join them? What's your team average rating now? You're going to have to fight with +2 +3 levels maybe
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    From what I read, it's going to be tough during the climb. MNK mentioned that when top doesn't have enough teams for CL and Cup. Lowers levels making the climb has to join them? What's your team average rating now? You're going to have to fight with +2 +3 levels maybe
    Yes you are right. For my server, there is currently a cup and CL for every 2 1/2 levels when looking at it from top of the server. So this season we had one for level 72 down to the stronger level 70 teams and the weaker level 70 teams down to level 68.
    For me level 67 we had level 66 and some strong level 65 joining. So this season I had a good shot at both, but unfortunately lost both finals.
    When top now stays at 72, this means I (as a 68 then) get the higher cup with level 69 and weaker 70s. My team is 113% right now, I try to keep it a bit lower to get an easier league draw and promote relatively smoothly, without having to invest too many greens and token. Especially now, when I don't have a realistic chance on winning something else.
    Sillybq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Yes you are right. For my server, there is currently a cup and CL for every 2 1/2 levels when looking at it from top of the server. So this season we had one for level 72 down to the stronger level 70 teams and the weaker level 70 teams down to level 68.
    For me level 67 we had level 66 and some strong level 65 joining. So this season I had a good shot at both, but unfortunately lost both finals.
    When top now stays at 72, this means I (as a 68 then) get the higher cup with level 69 and weaker 70s. My team is 113% right now, I try to keep it a bit lower to get an easier league draw and promote relatively smoothly, without having to invest too many greens and token. Especially now, when I don't have a realistic chance on winning something else.
    Let us know what your draw is like! It's interesting. My impression is that most teams are active when you get near the top so keeping it lower doesn't help. You get drawn with other users who also just keep it lower since there are no more abandoned teams
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Let us know what your draw is like! It's interesting. My impression is that most teams are active when you get near the top so keeping it lower doesn't help. You get drawn with other users who also just keep it lower since there are no more abandoned teams
    Yeah I can do that. I wanted to post here more often anyways.
    Yes, there are many active teams. But for league, we have 2 leagues in every level for my level and above. One is always a stronger league and one is the weaker one. Last 2 seasons I spent in the weaker league, just by selling my older players at the end of the season (like GK and ST above) and having a 1 star bench.
    This season, my league had 4 really inactive teams and 2 rather inactive teams. So promotion was more or less guaranteed from the beginning. Always people who are not interested in the game anymore and were levels above.

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-screenshot_2019-11-09-play-top-eleven-football-manager-3-.jpg

I was the second strongest team coming into the season and finished as the strongest. In the good league, I would have been one of the lowest quality teams. However, the good league also had 2 inactive teams this season, which I don't really understand. Maybe they mix it up a bit every season. What is shocking is that, that out of 28 teams in my level 8 are more or less inactive players. So many veteran people leaving the game.
    Sillybq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Yeah I can do that. I wanted to post here more often anyways.
    Yes, there are many active teams. But for league, we have 2 leagues in every level for my level and above. One is always a stronger league and one is the weaker one. Last 2 seasons I spent in the weaker league, just by selling my older players at the end of the season (like GK and ST above) and having a 1 star bench.
    This season, my league had 4 really inactive teams and 2 rather inactive teams. So promotion was more or less guaranteed from the beginning. Always people who are not interested in the game anymore and were levels above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-09 Play - Top Eleven - Be a Football Manager(3).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	130626

I was the second strongest team coming into the season and finished as the strongest. In the good league, I would have been one of the lowest quality teams. However, the good league also had 2 inactive teams this season, which I don't really understand. Maybe they mix it up a bit every season. What is shocking is that, that out of 28 teams in my level 8 are more or less inactive players. So many veteran people leaving the game.
    I am abit surprised after all those years of effort. But yeah I guess people need a break. I would go for less active league as well. Most important is reaching the top fast so you don't have to face +1 or +2
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Level 68 mid-season Update

So apparently I was not right for once. We are still in a CL and cup with mostly lower level guys.
    When I think about it, it makes sense as well. Because we didn't really "overtake" a lot of teams just by getting 1 level closer to server end, as there are now more top level players until things normalize themselves in the next 2 seasons. So it's just little steps every season, with every 3 seasons the step feeling big when we get one level closer to the top.

With that being said - we don't have a totally unrealistic possibility to attack for triple crown.

Ronny FC (An average german Team)-screenshot_2019-11-25-play-top-eleven-football-manager.jpg

So far we are still unbeaten this season. Which is really a surprise, our team quality is currently only 109% and in the cup we had some strong opposition in the first few rounds, starting it off with our cup final opponent we lost last season. After that our opponents were 120%, 114% and 118% at the time we played them and we got through all of them to now face the 135% one level higher Canton Apollo FC, who is a really good manager and will probably be our last opposition in this tournament.

CL group was easy, we topped with 18 points vs weaker teams and won the first knockout game 4-1 as well. Next round, if we make it, which we should, will also be tough there.

League we are top by 6 points after 13 games, with 11 W's and 2 draws. Again 6 rather inactive teams, so promotion is guaranteed anyways. League title is the goal.

Everything else, including our season review will come at the end of the season... When we have again low cup and CL next season, I will probably make an ambitious push for my first triple crown, as I will then have also many young players in the squad. But we'll see.
    khris, Sillybq and dominiclhouvum like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast