Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: FC Bristbury (English Team)

Good to see a nice strong team doing well.
    Good luck with the final (write a match report if you can, that would be great)!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LEPOARD STARS FC-Honour, Fight,Conquer
    Season 1
    -Didnt get promoted
    Season 2
    1st place
    Season 3
    1st Place+Quarter Finals Cup+Semi Finals Champions League
    Season 4
    3rd place league. CL Semis and Cup R16
    Season 5
    Erm...5th in league?
    Group stage of CL

Season 6
    Quarter finals in Cup
    5th in league

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jll02 View Post
    Good to see a nice strong team doing well.
    Good luck with the final (write a match report if you can, that would be great)!
    Thanks - I'm just looking at his 4 scouts - 2 currently in starting line-up, one on the bench, and one suspended - he has strong team, but doesn't seem to adjust his tactics at all. Then again, he's doing well, so why would he, and he's got a very small squad with little choice of formation if he doesn't want to play players out of position.

I'm definitely going defensive with counter on this one, with all my best players on the field.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Addicted
    FC Bristbury win the Champions League!

Today we kicked off the Champions League final at 16.51 BST (British Summer Time) against Madridista.

It was a tough start to the match with a lot of competition for possession, but at 30 minutes in, an excellent assist by Michalis Labrou gave us the first real chance on goal which Clint Jarvis hammered home to give FC Bristbury the lead 0-1! It continued as a pretty close match with neither side giving much away for the rest of the first half - credit especially to Johnny Wheeler and Melvin van Loon in defence!

Madridista kicked off the second half and had obviously had harsh words at half time for within 6 minutes they had scored the equaliser! In the next 9 minutes 3 corners were given away to FC Bristbury and one Free kick, W Miglioranzi from the other team picking up a yellow card in the process. On the third corner Johnny Wheeler gave an excellent cross, which Gleibson Leite managed to get a head to, giving FC Bristbury the lead once more 2-1.

From this point on things went from bad to worse for Madridista - within 7 minutes of FC Bristbury regaining the lead C Gun had picked up a yellow - within 8 it had turned to red! The freekick from his second yellow gave Leandro Viera the perfect opportunity to increase the lead to 3-1, which he did expertly.

By this point Madridista were in despair - how could they be losing to a team so much lower in quality than them? So they sent on a substitution - he didn't help. And by the time Anoure Okoli came on for FC Britbury the game was long over, we had won!

Man of the match went to Clint Jarvis - the man who gave the team the hope they needed to finish the job:

We used 4-4-2 with red arrows on strikers and MR and ML. Defensive mentality, mixed passing, hard tackling, zonal marking, counter on, own half pressing:

Hope you enjoyed my report - sorry if it was too long!

League

The League looks like it will go down to the wire:

Last edited by John Naish; 05-02-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Emiron Josepha likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

congrats on the win John

Addicted
    Thanks - I played defensive, hard tackling, counter and several red arrows, because it was obvious enough he would play attacking. Also, I needed good possession to have a chance. I've since bought a new striker - quality 29 so I should be able to get him to 5* not too far into the next season!

I've also won my League game today, meaning that if K.Marasspor draw or lose tomorrow, or they win and I win or draw then I win the league.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Addicted
    We won the double!

Today FC Bristbury won their final league match against Salomon FC, meaning that we have won the league! We even got a goal difference of 105!

Add this to our earlier victory over Madridista in the Champions League Final and you will quickly see that we have won the double!

And so I will post the updated trophy cabinet tomorrow, once the League trophy has been added to it.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Addicted
    New Trophy Cabinet

As promised, here's the new trophy cabinet, tripled in number of trophies since the end of last season:

And here's our first signing of the season and newest addition to the team - Shaun Kelly. Only cost me 8 tokens:

FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Dreamer
    Congratz!
    John Naish likes this.

"Rare But Strong Together"

7x 3x 2x

Addicted
    New season

FC Bristbury have got off to a flying start in the new season winning the first leg of the first round of the cup 6-0 and the second leg 4-1 meaning we go through with a 10-1 aggregate. New signings Shaun Kelly, Shane Stead and Cornel Kakas are already proving their worth.
    Tommy Vernersson likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Addicted
    First Nordgen player

FC Bristbury have just signed their first Nordgen player, Adam Wright. He is a 19 years old striker, and a very fast trainer, so should be at 6 stars or beyond before long. He only cost me 2 tokens as well!

On a separate note, we are on a winning streak in all competitions so far this season, so let's see how far we can keep it like that!
    Last edited by John Naish; 05-07-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast