Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Season 16 ends with 6 Buffs players playing over 50 matches.

Highlights included:

• Main Striker Harper seemed to bug his 1on1 SA in the second half of season and ended up with 35 assists - so only 48 goals;
    • Harper did however break the Club's MoM record with 21;
    • MC James Morrison made a valiant attempt again at achieving a 7.50 average rating but after 51 matches he failed with 7.47;
    • MC Liam Henderson matched the club record number of bookings - 10 yellows = 4 suspensions;
    • 2 players averaged under 7 for the season - the GK that played every game (6.96) and an aging DC/DMC that only played in 25 matches (6.85) and was sold.

Surprisingly I managed to save some rests this season but because my final league match was not unti 10 pm today the devil found work for etc and I spent around 60 of them on Playmaker SA for my DMC/MC just to try it out. The DMC/MC performed not that bad with 6 x 6s and 8s, the rest 7s. (An injury in the second half of the Season hampered his performance.)

I think I'll increase the number of subs again to 6 - 4 was just too few and doesn't allow rest after injuries.

14 players will be carried over into the new Season - a decision will be made on whether the 3 Stooges will be retained thereafter or sold.

VIP
    6 players over 50 matches? I bet they will retire at age 22...
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Rookie
    Good luck Buffs

Can't find the Cup draw thread so I'll just post here until I sort things out.

Initial findings of using retiring and ooc contract players for new season cup draw is:

Top 14 players by Q count for your draw;
    It doesn't matter whether a player is signed or unsigned, its the Top 14.

Implications (some of this is already known):
    1. You can't use high Q players being OOC in the new season to lower your Q. As long as the replacements for unsigned players are of a lower Q than the OOC players your Draw Q will remain unchanged.
    2. The flip side of this is if you have a team with several OOC players whose Q is lower than the 2/3* replacements then those replacements WILL increase your teams Q for the draw. This has an implication for 'Cup manipulating' teams.....if you have very low Q reserves lowering your Q then make sure they are signed for the new Season, or your 50Q players will be 'replaced' by 90Q ones, affecting your draw.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-28-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    talisman likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Congratulations
    Where are the there fireworks and the champagnes ???
    Buffs Mad and khris like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Oops. I forgot

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Damn the apathy has hit me hard this season (Stupid cup exit).

Need to buy some players but cba.
    khris likes this.

Getting bored so I've been trying to think of something to do when a friend made a Offer on a reserve DC/DMC (just 1T). I looked on the TM and saw another 104Q DC/DMC so decided to buy him and accept the negotiation and see how the new guys performance in my team compared with his previous one.

He rated 77877

New Guy

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Oops. I forgot

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

The best achievement
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

With the Buffs having failed in the 1st round of the Cup, a typical Scottish Glorious Failure (unbeaten but out ) there were 2 adjusted targets that the Buffs wanted to put in the Club's Record Book.

1. Undefeated in all competitions for the Season - FAILED, we lost a CL SF this season; and
    2. Win the league by leading outright from Round 1 - ACHIEVED, 11-0 win in Round 1 put us top and we never shifted (we have 1 league game left but are 14 pts clear with others to play 2).

So to date, in 17 Seasons, the Buffs have:

• 14 league titles;
    • 10 CL Trophies; and
    • 3 Cups.

Steve Nicol, DL/DC has now played 378 matches - a Club Record. A decision must be made on whether we carry him over and nurse him through matches to reach 400 or bin him and keep near 7* Colin Jackson. (Its not looking good for Stevie >.< )

If he's binned then we'll probably be looking for one of the following players to chase down the 400 mark (a long term target):

• 20 yo GK Craig Gordon (136);
    • 21 yo ST Jack Harper (180); or
    • 23 yo DL/DC Andy Robertson (236).

It had always been an ambition to get the Buffs MCs averaging 7.50 or over in a Season. Either of Henderson and Morrison have come close in different Seasons but Nordeus scuppered the validity of the target with the ratings changes.

Nevertheless both MCs, Henderson & Morrison, exceeded 7.50 this Season: 7.67 and 8.00 in 35 and 38 matches respectively.

Season 18

Next Season's targets are:

• The treble (hopeful);
    • 200 goals in all competitions (highly unlikely); and
    • 6 or more goals scored by a player in 1 match (unlikely).

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast