Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Fusion United

Alot of reading
    Thanks!
    It was nice to read all of this during the coffee. Keep it up mate
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Apprentice
    Haha, I shall try to include more pictures from the matches, but I do rabble on! :P thanks for reading
    Competition Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
    League 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 3rd
    Champions League N/A Semi Finals 1st Round of 16 Final
    T11 Cup N/A Qualifiers Playoffs Semi Finals Last 16

Apprentice

Windows FC vs Fusion United 30/5

In what seems to be a trend in the games towards the end of the season, the Clarets where once again away at Windows FC hoping for a win to keep their very slim hopes of title glory alive. The team ranked 10th in the table with a minus 97 goal difference and only 10 points on the board this calender season, It did not bode well for today's opponents who are on a great run of form, 2 wins on the bounce since their defeat to Montecarlocity, but only winning by the slimmest of margins.

The manager opted to stick with the 4-1-4-1 formation that saw success in Monte Carlo, with new Signing Luke Shaw popping in at right back, this meant a bench berth for both Mohammed and Suarez. The newly enforced changes did little to hamper the team effort that was needed, with the Clarets clocking up 80% possession and over 20 shots on target!

Fusion United-team-showcase-22.jpg

Sadly for the hosts, the game was over before half time, if this writer is honest. Goals from Johnson and Bourgugion on 25 and 36 minutes set the tone for a fairly one sided game. 2-0 to the Clarets at half time, in control too, you would feel.

Things didnt get much better for the hosts, as on 51 minutes, Miswan slipped in behind the defence to slot a low pwerful slot into the net! 3-0 to the away side, and now the game firmly in Claret hands.

The Clarets sealed their grip on the game as a whole, when Jamie, who made an incisive run in from the wing, cut past a defender and left the keeper stranded as his effort looped into the top corner. 4-0 after 55 minutes, and for Jamie, the first of a superb hattrick that will leave the manager thinking about starting him over Schmidt more often.

After 78 minutes it was 6-0 to the hosts after Jamie's hattrick, with Suarez replacing Keane on 73 minutes, who then set up Jamie to complete the rout.

A special mention to Bourgugion, who for the last two games has been adjusting to a new defensive midfield role, and in a man of the match performance put the defensive gloss over a truly faultless display. A great day for the newly adopted midfielder who bagged his second, and United's 7th, after 82 minutes.

A great game by all the players, to help send the season off the way in which they began it. Ratings and scorers below:
    Fusion United-team-showcase-21.jpg

Fusion United-team-showcase-23.jpg

Final Result: Windows FC 0 - 7 Fusion United
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Apprentice

Looking Forward: Season 3 Preview

For the one person who is following this thread, you will have noticed I have chopped and changed players at one time or another, most notably Daniel Sturridge, who while prolific had no resale value after this season so it was decided to cash in. For next season, which is only 2 days away, I would like to have the aim of setting my starting XI's age a bit lower than it was this season. With an average age of 24.1 when the next season the team is not old by any means, but it could do with some more young blood. The team at the moment is as follows:
    Fusion United-team-showcase-24.jpg

Other aims for the season coming is to increase the average star rating of the teams players to at least 4 stars before seasons end, they will be most demoted to 3* at the beginning of next season. Notable exceptions are Johnson, Keane, and Shaw, all young players, and though Shaw isn't 5* in League 2 yet, he isn't far off.

On the matter of team players, the squad needs a major overhaul from the subs side of things, some can do a job, but some sadly won't be up to the standard of league 3. However, due to lack of funds, they may get to stay on until appropriate funds become available, or injuries permitting, they wont be needed as much as the starters.

Competition aims:

Firstly to the League, I am not sure of the quality of team I will be facing in next months league. It could be another 7 bots and 3-4 active players, or it could be 6-7 people who have tanked to gain an easy title. Whichever it is, my aim for next season is to finish in the top 4 at the very least.

Secondly the Cup. We didn't have much of a run at the cup this year, getting knocked out in the play-off round, the aim for next season is to build on that, and make it to the last 16 or better! The prize money isn't a great incentive for a team wanting to compete in the league with injuries in mind.

Lastly the Champions League: So far, yet so close. We where one goal from the final this season, but it didn't happen- We mustn't dwell on it, it is there to be had next season, and the aim for next season is to try and equal or better this years achievements in the champions league.

In summary:
    1. Reduce the average age of the squad and increase quality to 4*
    2. Increase the quality of the backup players
    3. Finish 4th or better in the League
    4. Try to achieve last 16 status in the Cup
    5. Try to match Semi - Final berth in the Champoins League

I hope people enjoy reading this and will stay in touch for next season!
    P.S. Polla FC sealed the league today with a win, leaving them six points ahead with a game to go! Fusion won 3-0 on the day at home to Himli-alanya-fc, with 2 goals from Keane and one from a Johnson free kick!
    Last edited by David Malone; 05-30-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Nice job David. Like me, while you might have wanted more, its sounds like you got what you wanted from the season and can build from there.

Was Sturridge the older player you took a risk on that was near retirement? If so that was a good gamble you took.

I have a 31 yo that has been a fixrure in my team that I'll need to move on. I bought him early in my first season and he brought quality but there's no way he'll recover his star and he can only play in the middle, his legs won't get him up and down the flanks anymore.

The Board will set Buffs' new targets soon. Here's hoping they're achievable.

Good luck for the new season.

Apprentice
    Correct! +1 like for Buffs! and it worked out in the very short term, he scored 8 goals in 6 I believe?

Aww, yeah, but then again Kilts do make the legs flow that bit easier! So might give him a chance? Has he made many appearances in his long career?

And lastly, I have been following your thread also, so "Steady the buffs!"

My older DL/DC will hang around for a bit but eventually next season he'll go. He's managed 60 matches, he's a good performer and plays with either foot but most DCs with the corner special 'perform' because of the assists - if I move him 1 position either way he goes into a slump. We'll put a nice chair his end of the bench and he can read the papers for a while and moan about how it used to be - "rosy-cheeked kids, jumpers for goalposts, etc....".

Apprentice
    Aye, have a few problems with some old reliable's myself, Old Miswan is being put out to stud, he will be 30 tomorrow so no point in keeping him on for too long! Jumpers for goalposts? Never heard that one before! :O

I also have a player on a really bad slump, Al - Selwi, who ever since he is the lone left winger, has lost all form and struggles to achieve a 6 rating in most games! It's one of my key area's to improve for next season!

Apprentice

Wrapping up Season 2!

Fusion United wrapped up their season today with a convincing win over AC Successful. Goals from Suarez(2), Keane(2), Débutante Costa(2) and Promut wrapped up the scoring for the away team. Successful got a reply late on after a Costa foul so they left the league with some semblance of pride. The after match was marred when it was learned that Jamie will be out for 5 matches after picking up a major ankle dislocation. He will be missed in the start of the new season! Ratings from the game are below:

Fusion United-team-showcase-27.jpg

With Promut's strike in the 42th minute, the Clarets passed 100 goals for the season, and impressive total for any team. Sadly it wasn't enough to overhaul Polla FC to the title, but with Polla drawing today the gap at the final table was just four points.

Fusion United-team-showcase-28.jpg

In a day of reflection it should be noted that our young talisman Robbie Keane, made the MVP top spot for the season with an average rating of 8.27, congratulations to him! Also with 9 assists he made it into the Top passers panel in 4th place.

Fusion United-team-showcase-29.jpg

I would also like to take a chance to welcome Fabio Costa to the teams ranks, as well as Richard Dunne, who both made their debut's today. With a few more sales planned here is the provisional squad for the new season!

Fusion United-team-showcase-30.jpg

Fusion United start season 3(with the prize money from today and hopefully transfers) with around 8 tokens and $2m in funds to strengthen an already strong first team. Main recruits will be a right winger and some cover in case of injuries!

Hope you can join us for the next season! Up the Clarets!
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Good job. Shame about the injury but all the best for new season. Up the Clarets.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast